With Mike Smith probably gonna be our Coach 1st round picks means...

JTFalcon89

True, if we #5, we're in a quandry. But do we need a DT that bad to use that pick? Coleman is coming back. Lewis looked really good and Babineaux did as well. I'm not saying those two are the answer, but I can't see using our top pick on a nother guy to play rotation with them. If we get #5 and Long, McFadden, Dorsey, and Chris Long are all gone, I say we trade down, get more picks and pick up Stewart, Mendenhall, or Baker or another OL in 1st round and get our QB in the 2nd.

I just hope we don't pick Ryan or Brohm.

If we take Ellis with the #3 pick over possibly Jake Long, Chris Long, McFadden, or Dorsey, then we're idiots

Ellis would be a dominant pick. I'd take him hands down over Long and McFadden and certainly over Chris Long.

I'd have to go with Ellis, then Dorsey, then Jake/McFadden.

They're also saying at the Senior Bowl practices, Ellis is showing his dominance against the opposing OLmen he's going against. I think he's being hyped as one of the standout players at the senior bowl currently.

celtik

falcons4life (1/23/2008)
It means that TD will still select who he wants and thinks is best for this team.

Smith is no longer a DC, he is a HC and that means he addresses ALL sides of the game with the GM with TD making the final call.

Agree Falcons4Life,

TD selects the best player for the team overall with 1st round pick and thereafter. However, I do agree that Falcons will now look for behemoth space-eaters in the middle of the defensive line - and that's a good thing.

However, I do agree that Falcons will now look for behemoth space-eaters in the middle of the defensive line - and that's a good thing.

The Falcons should have been looking at this regardless of who the coach is. It is a need that has to be addressed.

Granted I think that the offense has far more issues but I expect many of those (OL) to be addressed via Free agency.

bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
Telecaster (1/23/2008)
If we take Ellis with the #3 pick over possibly Jake Long, Chris Long, McFadden, or Dorsey, then we're idiots.

scouts and analysts are saying sedrick may go ahead of glen. they said ellis has good talent and he may be better.

People can call me crazy, but I agree with those scouts. Thank goodness the draft in deep in D and O line this year, because we need it. It all depends on FA though.

falcons4life (1/23/2008)
However, I do agree that Falcons will now look for behemoth space-eaters in the middle of the defensive line - and that's a good thing.

The Falcons should have been looking at this regardless of who the coach is. It is a need that has to be addressed.

Granted I think that the offense has far more issues but I expect many of those (OL) to be addressed via Free agency.

Yeah the draft is deep in both, but FA is much deeper in o-line, get Fanaca and a left tackle in FA and be done with it.

rhourk (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
Telecaster (1/23/2008)
If we take Ellis with the #3 pick over possibly Jake Long, Chris Long, McFadden, or Dorsey, then we're idiots.

scouts and analysts are saying sedrick may go ahead of glen. they said ellis has good talent and he may be better.

People can call me crazy, but I agree with those scouts. Thank goodness the draft in deep in D and O line this year, because we need it. It all depends on FA though.

yea im hoping for mcfadden though for those reasons exactly.

bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
rhourk (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
Telecaster (1/23/2008)

It wouldn't be the way I would go, but I sure wouldn't shed a tear if we got McFadden.

rhourk (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
rhourk (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
Telecaster (1/23/2008)

It wouldn't be the way I would go, but I sure wouldn't shed a tear if we got McFadden.

the only reason why i say go for him is because it would really help bring fans to the seats. look at what peterson and bush did for their cities. plus we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds so i think that will be enough to fix up the line. and we will have FA.