I told you guys about 6'2 186lbs Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

atljbo

this guy is a 100% playmaker and a shutdown corner..Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is 6'2 186lbs..he is just like his cousin Antonio Cromartie except he is way faster (runs a 4.3) and he also returns kickoffs and punts... At the senoir bowl practices he has shut down any WR he's faced.... listen to what the analysis has to say about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie at the senior bowl

Tennessee State cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was untested by the South quarterbacks for most of the day, they were reluctant to throw his way. One time they did challenge him deep, he responded with an acrobatic interception, showing great up's. It was perhaps the best play of the entire week so far.

I was covering the North practice yesterday but I heard all about how good Tennessee St. cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie looked and he certainly lived up to the hype today. A smooth athlete with quick feet and fluid hips, Rodgers-Cromartie saw action at both safety and corner and made an amazing interception, displaying excellent leaping ability, hands and ball skills. This guy is the real deal!

Where did Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie play college ball? Don't know? Don't feel bad. Not many people know the answer.

Rodgers-Cromartie is an athletic 6-foot-2, 181-pounder who played cornerback at Division I-AA Tennessee State. He played cornerback and safety in the first two days of practice, and he said NFL teams seem intrigued with his athleticism and quickness.

Rodgers-Cromartie had interception returns for touchdowns in back-to-back games late in the season. He had a 69-yarder against Eastern Illinois and a 71-yarder against Murray State. Rodgers-Cromartie also is the reigning Ohio Valley Conference champion in the 60-yard-dash, the high jump and the long jump.

"Not being on TV much and being from a small school, you're not really noticed, so coming out here and playing against these guys gives me an opportunity to show people what I can do," said Rodgers-Cromartie, who also was overlooked coming out of high school at Bradenton (Fla.) Lakewood Ranch. "At first, you come out here and you're like, 'These guys are D-I.' But then you realize it's just football."

01/22/08 - Senior Bowl Tuesday South Team Practice: Rodgers-Cromartie was moved back and forth between safety and cornerback today. At only 183 pounds, I have concerns about his ability to hold up at safety, and he showed the closing speed to keep him at cornerback until he proves unworthy of remaining there. Rodgers-Cromartie broke quickly on passes thrown in front of him and drifted back to collect an easy interception off of a poor pass by Erik Ainge.

check out this interview he did in November

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interview...scromartie.html

ly2xi4vy.jpg

Dominique%20Rodgers-Cromartie,%20Tennessee%20State.jpg

rodgerscromartie.jpg

i really liked what i saw from cromartie yesterday in practice, but i for the life of me can't think of the guys name who was from troy.

the BC homer had him pegged as the number one corner in the draft, he just wants to see what he can do against top WR competition.

I had never heard of the guy until yesterday watching the practice but everything they said about him was dead on accurate. he was extremely quick and very very fluid with his hips when turning to run. also if he commited his hips to run with the receiver on a deep route, he very easily and quickly could turn it back around to stop a deep out. i was extremeley impressed with this guy. i'll post his name if they mention or show him again in todays south practice.

birds_till_death (1/23/2008)
i really liked what i saw from cromartie yesterday in practice, but i for the life of me can't think of the guys name who was from troy.

the BC homer had him pegged as the number one corner in the draft, he just wants to see what he can do against top WR competition.

I had never heard of the guy until yesterday watching the practice but everything they said about him was dead on accurate. he was extremely quick and very very fluid with his hips when turning to run. also if he commited his hips to run with the receiver on a deep route, he very easily and quickly could turn it back around to stop a deep out. i was extremeley impressed with this guy. i'll post his name if they mention or show him again in todays south practice.

You are talking about Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy State.... I like him to but is ball hawking skills is like zero....he is a great man to man guy....but Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is that and a ball-hawking playmaker

I still think McKelvin will go before DRC because he is more complete. DRC is thin, and not physical at all. He has Deion Sanders tackling skills from what I read about him.

There is no way I would trade Hall for a pick to take him. I like DRC, but it is lunacy to think he is better than Hall.