Who's still available for the OC and DC positions

FalconWong88

In another forum it contains an article about Billick and Smith being brother-in-laws. I posted that it would not be out of the realm of possibility that Smith could bring in Billick. He was highly coveted before being hired by the Ravens because of his prowess as the Minnesota OC. Say what you will about his days as the Raven HC, but he might be a good hire here.

Here's the thread...

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/FORUMS/Topic3148325-45-1.aspx

I would not be opposed to Billick being OC. He certainly has tons of experience. My only concern would be TD's strong position of all personnel accepting their roles. With Billick being a HC for so many years, would he fully embrace a OC position, or would he be always on the lookout for HC vacancies.

Swift, it is cool man I'm just messing with you.

I would love for the whole staff to be revamped. Our Special Teams suffered when our other ST coach left with Petrino messing things up.

Personally,

HC- Mike Smith

OC- Hue Jackson

DC- Leslie Fraiser?! (Didn't get the HC job might as well work his way to HC.) Will Mike be calling plays for Defense?

FalconWong88 (1/23/2008)

I would love for the whole staff to be revamped. Our Special Teams suffered when our other ST coach left with Petrino messing things up.

Personally,

HC- Mike Smith

OC- Hue Jackson

DC- Leslie Fraiser?! (Didn't get the HC job might as well work his way to HC.) Will Mike be calling plays for Defense?

Leslie Frazier cant come here to be a DC while under contract with the Vikings because it will be a lateral move.

freakyfalcon (1/23/2008)
FalconWong88 (1/23/2008)

Personally,

HC- Mike Smith

OC- Hue Jackson

Leslie Frazier cant come here to be a DC while under contract with the Vikings because it will be a lateral move.

Same w/Rex Ryan? Not that he should now that he's been b*tch slapped, but wouldn't mind at all if he would be willing.

Didn't I read somewhere that Hue Jackson interviewed w/Cincinatti?

clownorg (1/23/2008)
Any shot at Rex Ryan for DC???

He has expressed intrest in comming here, although it was for HC.

He does pretty much have the choice of staying DC with the Ravens, or maybe comming here in a lateral move.

Interesting quote from the Mort chat on ESPN about this:

frox (Hanover, PA): Mort - Does Rex Ryan have bad breath? Why hasn't he landed one of these head coaching positions? Do you think he will come back to Baltimore after being passed over?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: I think Rex Ryan would be a really good head coach. Outstanding on defense. Great pesonality. Guys get passed over in this league. He is under contract with the Ravens. They will not let him leave to be somebody else's DC, I don't think.

Doesn't sound like there's much chance of that happening...

BlacksburgHokie (1/23/2008)
clownorg (1/23/2008)
Any shot at Rex Ryan for DC???

He has expressed intrest in comming here, although it was for HC.

He does pretty much have the choice of staying DC with the Ravens, or maybe comming here in a lateral move.

Interesting quote from the Mort chat on ESPN about this:

frox (Hanover, PA): Mort - Does Rex Ryan have bad breath? Why hasn't he landed one of these head coaching positions? Do you think he will come back to Baltimore after being passed over?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: I think Rex Ryan would be a really good head coach. Outstanding on defense. Great pesonality. Guys get passed over in this league. He is under contract with the Ravens. They will not let him leave to be somebody else's DC, I don't think.

Doesn't sound like there's much chance of that happening...

Ohh well, I kinda liked the Idea of

HC- Smith

OC- Billick

DC- Ryan

Not likley, buy that wouldn't be a shabby staff

I doubt Ryan would come here as DC - if in fact he was allowed.

Maybe WAS will hire Fassel and that will tick off Greg Williams enough that he will want to leave there. He's a heck of a DC, IMO

As far as OC - I don't know. Cameron is gone. Dan Henning's name keeps getting tossed around - but I don't think he'd work out here. Some have mentioned retaining Jackson, but I don't know who's available