if the hiring of mike smith is true...

falconsstomp

bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
falconsstomp (1/23/2008)
quinn gray played pretty good when he did get in for the jags, and i wonder if mike would bring him along and dump leftwich and maybe harrington and sign a good vet free agent and sign a rookie QB in the 2 or 3rd round of the draft.

i really dont know why people are so sold on quinn gray.

im not really sold on him, but he has to be at least worth a shot seeing how good he played in the backup role or in week 17 when garrard sat the whole game, even tho it was against the 2nd string defense i think..he might be a diamond in the rough, look at how garrard panned out behind leftwich.

falconsstomp (1/23/2008)
quinn gray played pretty good when he did get in for the jags, and i wonder if mike would bring him along and dump leftwich and maybe harrington and sign a good vet free agent and sign a rookie QB in the 2 or 3rd round of the draft.

Leftwich will be gone!! Harrington, Redman, Shock and a draftee will start camp and will be retained/released acording to their performance.IMHO. The qb draftee could be a surprise in later rounds, like 3 or lower. I really think we will trade down from our #1 position for more picks.

falconsstomp (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
falconsstomp (1/23/2008)

i really dont know why people are so sold on quinn gray.

im not really sold on him, but he has to be at least worth a shot seeing how good he played in the backup role or in week 17 when garrard sat the whole game, even tho it was against the 2nd string defense i think..he might be a diamond in the rough, look at how garrard panned out behind leftwich.

garrard had been in the league longer than leftwich. i saw the texans game against gray and i also saw the game against the colts with gray when he went in for garrard when he got hurt. assuming we cut leftwich, sign gray, and draft a qb. that will be 5 qb's on our roster. we have enough could-be's, would-be's, should-be's, and has-been's. its time to move on and draft a franchise guy.

ga.swamper (1/23/2008)
falconsstomp (1/23/2008)

Leftwich will be gone!! Harrington, Redman, Shock and a draftee will start camp and will be retained/released acording to their performance.IMHO. The qb draftee could be a surprise in later rounds, like 3 or lower. I really think we will trade down from our #1 position for more picks.

redman played good at times, but im not sold on him taking us to the promise land..the last game he played against seattles 2nd and 3 string defense so of course he will play good..as for shock, im sorry but i hate the bulldogs, and he just reminds me of another quincy carter so ill pass, and we know harrington will be an after thought next season..so with that said, enter camp will be a vet QB from free agency, a rookie 2nd or 3rd round qb, chris redman, and dont be surprised if they bring in another free agent QB..

bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
greyhawk (1/23/2008)
Mark Brunell was the starter prior to Leftwich. Garrard sat the bench until last year.

Why is everyone assuming Smith doesn't like Leftwich. For all anyone one knows Smith may want to keep Leftwich.

garrard was drafted before leftwich though.

Garrard was the started between Brunell leaving and Leftwich being drafted:P

ga.swamper (1/23/2008)
falconsstomp (1/23/2008)

Look I'm a huge GA fan but DJ is not going to start in the NFL and will probably not even make another team... He was drafted late in the 7th round to sell preseaon tickets to GA fans.