Smith will be the HC and Ryan won't because

Xfactor

" Smith, 48, won over the Falcons with his combination of intelligence, communication and organizational skills, and strong knowledge of personnel. Most important, the team believes Smith to be the most professionally compatible with Dimitroff."

I've said all along Ryan 's personality would cost him the HC with Dimitroff.

I think it was very important that TD hire a HC he felt like he could be compatible with and hit the ground running. I believe Dimitroff would like to hire Spags, but I like the fact TD still went on with business. If he likes to the point of offering him the position Smith he must have been pretty darn impressive and I will back his decision based on his acumen and due diligence.

Sorry wouldn't let me edit for some reason.

I think it was very important that TD hire a HC he feels he could be compatible with and hit the ground running. I believe Dimitroff would like to hire Spags, but I like the fact TD still went on with his business. If he likes Smith to the point of offering him the HC position he must have been pretty darn impressive and I will back his decision based on his acumen and due diligence.

/fixed