Mock Draft

hornsmd

I am a in favor for trading down just because of all of our holes and the fact this draft is so deep.

Offseason:

Cut K. Forney- not good at traditional blocking.

B. Finneran- probally will retire but he can't stay after tw0 knee injuries

Rod Coleman- He is still good when he is on the field but he can't stay on the field due to injuries.

Wayne Gandy- Too old, too slow, and coming of a bad injury. He will probally retire

Todd Weiner- Injury let Clabo show what he can do. This draft is also deep in tackles.

A. Jennings- the experiment didn't work.

Leftwich and Harrington- neither could beat out Redman at the end of the year. Its time to move on.

Dunn- I like him as a person but his skills are declining. I just don't see restructuring working.

Sign: Floyd Womack OG and Karlos Dansby OLB

Resign: D. Hall, M. Boley, C. Crocker, Chris Redman, and M. Stanley

Restructure: Keith Brooking

Trade the number 4 pick to Dallas for the 21, 29, 3rd round pick and next years 2nd. The points work out.

1a. Rashard Mendenhall-RB- Illinois- trade down and still get the best combo back in the draft. He can run inside, outside and catch the ball.

1b. Jeff Otah-OT-Pitt.- At 6-6 340, he is a bookend tackle. Because he is still raw in development he probally will translate quicker at RT.

2a. Chris Williams-OT-Vandy- At 6-6 315, he will be another bookend tackle. He performed very good in the tough SEC against a lot of speed rushers. He will be at LT for the franchise for a long time.

2b. Curtis Lofton-MLB-Oklahoma- This guy is future in the middle for the Falcons. He is a true leader and tackling machine. He can learn from Brooking for a year. His game should translate well to the NFL.

3a. Pat Sims-DT-Auburn- Probally cost himself a lot of money by coming out early. Right now he is ranked at #82 as a prospect. He will be a force in the middle far a long time. If he is gone I'd take Red Bryant.

3b. (Dallas) John David Booty-QB-USC- He got hurt in his senior season which droped his draft status. He has all the tools to be a great NFL QB. He can sit for a year or 2 behind Redman to learn the speed of the game.

3c. (Kerney comp.) Davon Bess-WR-Hawaii- Bess is an explosive WR. He can help in the return game. Lets face it, we need a play maker that be on the field with White and Robinson.

4. Jason Jones-DE-Eastern Michigan- He is 6-5 265 and very athletic. He playes with a high motor. He can spell Abe at RDE when it is obivious running downs.

5.Jacob Tamme-TE-Kentucky- His game is very similar to Alge. Who better to teach him the NFL game than Alge? Crump is also getting injuried a lot. We need to start the replacement process.

6. Alexis Serna-K-Oregon State- I have been high on this guy for a long time. He is a clutch kicker with a big leg. He also can kick in extreme weather. Look how important that was to the Giants against the Packers.

7a. Jordan Dizon-OLB-Colorado- I am really confused why this guy has not went right up the board. He is a playmaker at linebacker. He has a nose for the ball. He can make the team as a 7th round pick.

7b. Josh Thompson-DT-Auburn- He can add depth and compete for a roster spot. He can really plug up the line.

so we look like this:

QB: C. Redman, D.J. Shockley, J.D. Booty

RB: R. Mendenhall, J. Norwood, J. Snelling

FB: O. Mughelli, C. McIntyre

WR: R. White, L. Robinson, J. Horn, M. Jenkins, D. Bess

TE: A. Crumpler, M. Milner, J. Tamme

RT: J. Otah, R. Foster

RG: F. Womack, T. Clabo

C: T. McClure, D. Datish

LG: J. Blalock, D. Bastiste

LT: C. Williams, Q. Ojinnaka

LDE: J. Anderson, C. Davis

NT: T. Lewis, M. Stanley

UT: P. Sims, J. Babineaux

RDE: J. Abraham, J. Jones

BLB: M. Boley, J.Dizon

MLB: K. Brooking, C.Lofton, T. Taylor

WLB: K. Dansby, S. Nicholas

LCB: D. Hall, D. Irons, O. Lowe

RCB: C. Houston, L. Sanders, B. Grimes

SS: L. Milloy, D. Stone

FS: C. Crocker, J. Williams

K: A. Serna

P: Koenen

KR/PR: D. Bess

I think that is a team that can really compete in the NFC.

All responses are appreciated.

people finally drinking from tha Sims and Booty juice, i see.:D

im not sure about Dallas biting on that trade, and if so, im not sure about us taking a tackle in round one just to take with our next pick in round two. something could change there.

Lofton is an above average middle linebacker, but next year for lb's is where it's at. I think we can live a little longer with brooking in tha middle and hold out on mlb until next year. I'd much rather see us pick up a corner/athlete (rodgers-cromartie) with our latter 2nd rd pick. It would go a long way in trying to sure up our secondary, and cause problems for many qbs.

thakrunk1 (1/23/2008)
people finally drinking from tha Sims and Booty juice, i see.:D

im not sure about Dallas biting on that trade, and if so, im not sure about us taking a tackle in round one just to take with our next pick in round two. something could change there.

Lofton is an above average middle linebacker, but next year for lb's is where it's at. I think we can live a little longer with brooking in tha middle and hold out on mlb until next year. I'd much rather see us pick up a corner/athlete (rodgers-cromartie) with our latter 2nd rd pick. It would go a long way in trying to sure up our secondary, and cause problems for many qbs.

I have been high on JDB for a while now. He has all the intangibles. As far as Sims, I am an Auburn fan so I have been blessed to watch this guy play. I couldn't believe they had him ranked so low. If he would have come back to school he probally could have been the top DT taken next year.

Thanks for the comment

scott24falcs (1/23/2008)
I really don't know if Dallas would make that trade, even though the points work out. If they did, I would be ecstatic if the draft went down like that. My only concern is I don't know if Sims lasts that long. I think with his big body, a team would jump on him in the second. Nice job though.

Yeah I agree, I'm not sure that there's anyone Dallas wants THAT badly to give away all those picks.

DAL would NEVER take that trade IMO. The points arent a rule, just a guideline. That would be raping DAL. I would do it, but they wont.

If they traded I could see this years first (from CLE) and next years first and a 2nd or 3rd at best. But I dont think DAL will pull the trigger on DMC.

I am cool with the picks though. I dont think Mendenhall and Sims will be there still where you took them, but I would be all for getting them there.

.leon (1/23/2008)
scott24falcs (1/23/2008)
I really don't know if Dallas would make that trade, even though the points work out. If they did, I would be ecstatic if the draft went down like that. My only concern is I don't know if Sims lasts that long. I think with his big body, a team would jump on him in the second. Nice job though.

Yeah I agree, I'm not sure that there's anyone Dallas wants THAT badly to give away all those picks.

There are assumptions that Jerry Jones in love with McFadden. Everybody Jones will do whatever he has to do to get the players he wants. Im not sure he will take the deal proposed. I just tried to work out the point values. Who know he may just stay pat and take Felix Jones late in the first round.

1a. Rashard Mendenhall-RB- Illinois- trade down and still get the best combo back in the draft. He can run inside, outside and catch the ball.

Ummm...you're sorta right. We might have the chance at him cause the best combo back in the draft (Stewart) should be gone at this point. If Mendenhall was the best he'd be gone. With Arizona and Houston needing backs. And a couple other 10-15 range teams considering them I can see Mendenhall being gone as well. It would be nice but I think Mendenhall would be gone. Maybe not though. Just thinking out loud I guess. I think Stewart and Mendenhall are better compliments to Norwood than McFadden is. They seem better all around backs than the number one back in the country. I could be wrong there too though. Oh well this has gone on too long already.

oregonfan (1/24/2008)

Ummm...you're sorta right. We might have the chance at him cause the best combo back in the draft (Stewart) should be gone at this point. If Mendenhall was the best he'd be gone. With Arizona and Houston needing backs. And a couple other 10-15 range teams considering them I can see Mendenhall being gone as well. It would be nice but I think Mendenhall would be gone. Maybe not though. Just thinking out loud I guess. I think Stewart and Mendenhall are better compliments to Norwood than McFadden is. They seem better all around backs than the number one back in the country. I could be wrong there too though. Oh well this has gone on too long already.

I rate Mendenhall slightly ahead of Stewart. I just got a bad taste watching Stewart struggle after Dixon went down. With that beig said, I believe Stewart will go to Seattle ahead of Mendenhall