QB Josh Johnson will be a steal

falconcrest58

just got finished watching the east/west all star game and was impressed with QB Josh Johnson from San Diego coached by Jim Harbarough (sp). This kid set the NCAA completeion percentage. He has a cannon of an arm, can run like a deer, 6'3'' a little thin but his stock has got to be soaring as he was projected to go in the 5th rd. IMHO he would be a steal in the 3rd RD. WOW!!!!!

In terms of bang-for-buck, this is how my draft board is at QB:

1 - Colt Brennan

2 - Dennis Dixon

3 - Josh Johnson

4 - Chad Henne

5 - Joe Flacco

I think any of those QBs is a better bargain (less financial risk in a lower draft pick) than any of the first round QBs. I'd really like Brennan/Dixon but would not be dissapointed in Johnson. The only thing about Johnson is that he reminds me a lot of Tarvaris Jackson...

falconva7 (1/23/2008)

1 - Colt Brennan

2 - Dennis Dixon

3 - Josh Johnson

4 - Chad Henne

5 - Joe Flacco

I think any of those QBs is a better bargain (less financial risk in a lower draft pick) than any of the first round QBs. I'd really like Brennan/Dixon but would not be dissapointed in Johnson. The only thing about Johnson is that he reminds me a lot of Tarvaris Jackson...

I hate when people say that...he plays nothing like T Jack...not even a little bit...his completion percentage is WORLDS better...even completing over 70% of his passes on a SEASON a couple years ago. He had an interception ratio that is worlds better than Jackson and has more running ability but is less flashy...always keeps his head down field looking to get the ball out of his hands. Very smart, knows when to tuck it and when to chuck it...wonderful addition if we could get him in Atlanta...even at the cost of our 2nd 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick.

iloxygenil (1/23/2008)
falconva7 (1/23/2008)

1 - Colt Brennan

2 - Dennis Dixon

3 - Josh Johnson

4 - Chad Henne

5 - Joe Flacco

I hate when people say that...he plays nothing like T Jack...not even a little bit...his completion percentage is WORLDS better...even completing over 70% of his passes on a SEASON a couple years ago. He had an interception ratio that is worlds better than Jackson and has more running ability but is less flashy...always keeps his head down field looking to get the ball out of his hands. Very smart, knows when to tuck it and when to chuck it...wonderful addition if we could get him in Atlanta...even at the cost of our 2nd 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick.

For what it's worth I haven't seen that much of Josh Johnson, so you'd probably know better than I would. I know what it's like with the annoying comparisons though. I want us to take Brennan and everytime I hear someone bring up Timmy Chang it annoys me. :)

I would not be disappointed with Johnson though, and the fact that he did well against stronger talent in the Shrine game kind of mellows out the talk about him playing against lesser competition.

miketalk777 (1/23/2008)
I agree with those QBs except for Colt Brennan, i just cant trust sombody that cries on the sideline after a bad game....if the falcons don't improve their o line and draft Brennan hes going to get hit alot harder....i just dont trust him

Wow man, whats wrong with an emotional QB? This is exactly what you want. Tears are not a sign of emotion and mental problems ala Ryan Leaf, but maybe a clue that he felt that he let the guys down. I know that I've shed tears after a game and I'm considered to be a pretty good and reliable DB.

falconva7 (1/23/2008)

1 - Colt Brennan

2 - Dennis Dixon

3 - Josh Johnson

4 - Chad Henne

5 - Joe Flacco

I see no comparison of T Jackson. Johnson is more accurate than Jackson and he has a pass first mentality and is very intelligent. I don't like C Brennan and would be very disaapointed if we drafted him. I'd still consider Matt Ryan a top 10 pick and possible a top 5 pick, but I'd be just as happy with J Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd rd. He may end up being one of the best players in the draft.