Point system

hornsmd

hornsmd (1/23/2008)
assuming we get pick 4. What would we need to get in return for that pick for the point system? If we trade with Dallas for 21 and 29 pick and their 3rd this year and 2nd next is that around the right amount of points?

Assuming the Cowboys 2nd rounder next year is around where it is this year (one of the last few picks), it would work out point wise. The 4th pick is worth 1,800, and those Cowboys picks would be around 1850-1880.

Mathematically that would work out but a team would really have to absolutely love the pick available at 3 for it to workout. Honestly I think if we did trade it would be down a few slots for a first and a second but I don't see us trading out of the top 10 unless there is a player involved coming back. I'd do that deal with Dallas in a heart beat but I just don't see Dallas being that in love with the number 3 pick as deep ast his draft is.

That's the kind of thing that screws your salary cap too. Trading away 4 picks that could be starters in exchange for one pick with a likely very large rookie deal. I'm pretty sure Dallas is near the cap.

1989fan (1/23/2008)
dont worry. DAL wont give that much for the pick.

I have to agree with you again 89. I posted on another topic the points values for the #3 pick and then picks #9 thru #16 to show the difference in points. If the Falcons trade away their #3, #4, or #5 pick, they will not be able to get the full "face value" for that pick. But with a draft as deep as this one is, it may still be a good idea to trade down.