I hope we don't get spags

Twinblade

Once again for those who fail to research this resume', it states here plain as day that he has been a DC four times in his career. Once in the NFL, once in the NFL Europe, and twice in college. 1+1+2=4

SPAGNUOLO AT A GLANCE

1982-83& & & & & Massachusetts& & & & & graduate Assistant

1983& & & & & & .Washington Redskins& & player personnel intern

1984-86& & & & & Lafayette& & & & & & & defensive line/special teams

1987-91& & & & & Connecticut& & & & & ..defensive coordinator/defensive backs

1992& & & & & & .Barcelona Dragons& & & defensive line/special teams

1993& & & & & & .San Diego Chargers& & ..scout

1993-94& & & & & Maine& & & & & & & defensive coordinator/def. backs/linebackers

1994-95& & & & & Rutgers& & & & & & & .defensive backs

1996-97& & & & & Bowling Green& & & & .defensive backs

1998& & & & & & .Frankfurt Galaxy& & & ..defensive coordinator/linebackers

1999-00& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..defensive assistant

2001-03& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..defensive backs

2004-06& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..linebackers

2007& & & & & & .New York Giants& & & .defensive coordinator

exactly you don't have a reason and you just don't like him which is fine and your opinon. but im sure most of us on this board already knew before this topic you didn't like him so there is no need to constantly bring it up. we know you don't like him now if we didn't before and thanks for telling us.

Twinblade (1/23/2008)
Get mad, I really don't care, I still think Ryan is the better choice then Spags. Spags has not impress me at all. People getting all hyped up because the giants got in the superbowl...whoopie.

Twinblade,

nobody is rippin' on you because you like Rex Ryan better - that's fine, Rex is a good candidate.

The point is this: Spags is a good candidate, too and you have put forward real basis so far on why you don't like him other than the 1 year as NFL DC.

Are you not impressed that Giants Defense went from being ranked #27 to #6 in one seaon?

Are you not impressed that the Giants won three road playoff games in a row?

Are you not impressed that the Giants have shutdown all three playoff oponnents in 2nd half?

Are you not impressed that the Giants played the Patriots better than any other team this year?

Vicious (1/23/2008)
Once again for those who fail to research this resume', it states here plain as day that he has been a DC four times in his career. Once in the NFL, once in the NFL Europe, and twice in college. 1+1+2=4

SPAGNUOLO AT A GLANCE

1993-94& & & & & Maine& & & & & & & defensive coordinator/def. backs/linebackers

lmao, college football, oh wow! Im talking about pro football here. Last I checked most of his DC in college and NFLE still does not impress me.

Twinblade (1/23/2008)
Vicious (1/23/2008)

SPAGNUOLO AT A GLANCE

lmao, college football, oh wow! Im talking about pro football here. Last I checked most of his DC in college and NFLE still does not impress me.

Must've impressed someone enough to get work in the NFL.

falconchef (1/23/2008)
Vicious,

I appreciate you posting Spagnuolo's team resume and experience. Is there any way you could find the team's numbers in conjunction with his resume? (W-L Record, Defensive ranks, etc). What if his teams were all dogs? He can have all the experience in the world for sh*tty, losing teams and I still wouldn't want him!

That'll take a little while, but I'll probably get it to you all tomorrow. I do remember reading that he turned the european teams defense around in the same manner he has the G-men. Everyone should know by know how well the Eagles did while he coached the likes of Lito Shepperd, Brian Dawkins, Trotter, etc...

Needless to say, this guy gets his players pumped up and willing to lay it all out for him wherever he goes.

g-dawg (1/23/2008)
Twinblade (1/23/2008)
Get mad, I really don't care, I still think Ryan is the better choice then Spags. Spags has not impress me at all. People getting all hyped up because the giants got in the superbowl...whoopie.

Twinblade,

nobody is rippin' on you because you like Rex Ryan better - that's fine, Rex is a good candidate.

The point is this: Spags is a good candidate, too and you have put forward real basis so far on why you don't like him other than the 1 year as NFL DC.

Are you not impressed that Giants Defense went from being ranked #27 to #6 in one seaon?

Are you not impressed that the Giants won three road playoff games in a row?

Are you not impressed that the Giants have shutdown all three playoff oponnents in 2nd half?

Are you not impressed that the Giants played the Patriots better than any other team this year?

It is impressing but I would like to see more before I go "Hey I want him for HC!" cause this year could only be a fluke for the giants.

Vicious (1/23/2008)

SPAGNUOLO AT A GLANCE

2001-03& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..defensive backs (4th and 26 !!??ANYONE??)

Team records and stats, please. 93-94 defensive stats,94-97 int's, passing yards avg per game,98 defensive stats and team record,99-06 Eagles defensive stats (4th and 26, anyone!!??). I'm not real computer savvy, so I'll have to rely on one of you to bring up this info. Thanks!

PS Sorry, it takes me so long to type I didn't see you reply to my request the first time. Thanks, I'll be looking for that info later!

falconchef (1/23/2008)
Vicious (1/23/2008)

SPAGNUOLO AT A GLANCE

2001-03& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..defensive backs (4th and 26 !!??ANYONE??)

Team records and stats, please. 93-94 defensive stats,94-97 int's, passing yards avg per game,98 defensive stats and team record,99-06 Eagles defensive stats (4th and 26, anyone!!??). I'm not real computer savvy, so I'll have to rely on one of you to bring up this info. Thanks!

That was the Eagles that converted the 4th and 26 against the Packers. (Ed Donatell). I don't have the stats, but don't just go by stats. IMO Zimmer was an excellent DC with us, yet our D ranks were not impressive at all.

Twinblade (1/23/2008)

It is impressing but I would like to see more before I go "Hey I want him for HC!" cause this year could only be a fluke for the giants.

Now that is understandable. From the research I have done on him so far it seems that his unit has done very well. I just wanted to know why you thought he was a bad candidate when he actually has more experience than Ryan.

4th and 26????

I think your talking about the Philly/Green Bay game and Spags worked for Eagles.

Green Bay was the team that gave up the 4th and 26 - remember? our former Defensive Coordinator and Green Bay Defensive coordinator - Mr. Ed Donatell

think you are mixed up there sir? don't try to pin that on Spags...

That was the Eagles that converted the 4th and 26 against the Packers. (Ed Donatell). I don't have the stats, but don't just go by stats. IMO Zimmer was an excellent DC with us, yet our D ranks were not impressive at all.

You're right:hehe: Once again I let myself get ahead of myself. I'll have to kick my own stupid azz!:w00t:

g-dawg (1/23/2008)
4th and 26????

I think your talking about the Philly/Green Bay game and Spags worked for Eagles.

Green Bay was the team that gave up the 4th and 26 - remember? our former Defensive Coordinator and Green Bay Defensive coordinator - Mr. Ed Donatell

think you are mixed up there sir? don't try to pin that on Spags...

I did get mixed up. Not the first time and won't be the last!;)

scott24falcs (1/23/2008)
Twinblade (1/22/2008)
scott24falcs (1/22/2008)
Twinblade (1/22/2008)
Not only has he only been a DC for 1 season, I just have a bad feeling about him..I clearly don't think spags is the answer here. All Spags is, is just another Jason Garrett. Overhyped and getting way to much credit. Now go on, hate me for having my opinion, Go on and tell me how wrong I am.

I can respect your opinion, but the only backing you gave to your statement that's factual is about him only being a coordinator for 1 year. Aside from that, what else concerns you?

I am concerned that there is better candidates and right now the best candidate has to be Rex Ryan.

Clearly Experience is a better factor, Ryan has been a DC for like 3 to 4 seasons now. Thats better then 1 year DC experience in Spags.

I don't understand the allusion that someone has to have extensive experience as a coordinator to be considered a HC. If you're going by strictly the amount of years working in football, in any capacity, than Spagnuolo has more experience than Ryan.

Its not about numerical facts here. SOME OF US JUST HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS GUY...OKAY.