Kiss Singletary good-bye

Jedi-Falcon

From AJC.com

-------------

Mike Singletary, who's at the Senior Bowl coaching the South team with the rest of San Francisco staff, will not be interviewed.

"I think the organization is very comfortable with where we are," Dimitroff said. "They were very impressed with Mike as well, but my feeling right now is that we are not going forward with an interview on Mike."

Singletary interviewed for the same position last year and reportedly impressed Blank.

"I've got no response to [that]," Singletary said. "If they are done, then they are done."

The final four candidates all coach defense.

"Each one of those coaches has a potential candidate at offensive coordinator that we think is a very strong candidate," Dimitroff said. "It's more about getting the right head coach and the right staff."

-------------

Looks like "Samurai Mike" didn't think things through enough. Too bad.

I think TD wants a Defensive coach who has a viable OC + staff planned out. Apparently Singletary didn't think all that through.

I am bothered with TD's loyalty to Spaghettio. They have a long history, and I wonder if that is influencing the delay to wait until Spag is available for interview.

so let me see, john harbaugh great coaching exp? Andy Reid? Jack Del Rio? Mike Tice? these guys had head or coordinator exp..Give me a Break!!!

Arthur Blank is such a joke,the man has no guts. Moderator ban me if you want, i will just come back. I have been a fan longer than you knew who a Falcon was....

Arthur Blank is the gutless wonder

c'mon Jedi.....we can take Singletary as head coach with his limited experience, throw in his former teamate Jim McMahon as OC(out of football for 10 years) and then take the fantasy football/former falcons player for GM - Terrance Mathis......

that would be awesome!

Jedi-Falcon (1/22/2008)
I think TD wants a Defensive coach who has a viable OC + staff planned out. Apparently Singletary didn't think all that through.

I am bothered with TD's loyalty to Spaghettio. They have a long history, and I wonder if that is influencing the delay to wait until Spag is available for interview.

Now is that because you don't believe Spagnuolo, with 20+ yrs coaching, isn't qualified, or that you do not know much about Spagnuolo so you're pulling against him?

Jedi-Falcon (1/22/2008)

Now THAT'S a nickname I can totally get behind!!! WAY better than "Spags", which sounds like...well, it's just too obvious. GO SPAGHETTIO!! (That's got a nice ring to it! Good one, Jedi!)

falconchef (1/23/2008)
Jedi-Falcon (1/22/2008)

Now THAT'S a nickname I can totally get behind!!! WAY better than "Spags", which sounds like...well, it's just too obvious. GO SPAGHETTIO!! (That's got a nice ring to it! Good one, Jedi!)

You know I'm gonna have to put that in my sig now!:hehe:

Vicious (1/23/2008)
Jedi-Falcon (1/22/2008)

Now is that because you don't believe Spagnuolo, with 20+ yrs coaching, isn't qualified, or that you do not know much about Spagnuolo so you're pulling against him?

I don't think Jedi's concerns are with Spagnuolo's credentials. The concern is that Dimitroff might sway in favor of a friend over another candidate, even if they seemed like a better fit for the job.

josiah (1/23/2008)
Vicious (1/23/2008)
Jedi-Falcon (1/22/2008)

I don't think Jedi's concerns are with Spagnuolo's credentials. The concern is that Dimitroff might sway in favor of a friend over another candidate, even if they seemed like a better fit for the job.

That's what I was wondering. I would hope TD isn't dumb enough to pick the buddy over the better man. We'll find out when we find out I guess. I for one think Spagnuolo would be as good a choice as any. Frazier, Ryan, and Swartz are the other guys I would want if Spagnuolo wasn't the guy.

All you folks that think you know why Mike wasn't interviewed,...you don't know. You just think you know. None of us know and likely never will. That being said and as a big fan of Iron Mike, whoever gets the job will have my full support of course. I just hope we can land a HC that is gonna stick. I'd really like to see someone stay for 12 to 15 years and build a SYSTEM here in Atlanta, something we can be proud of and something that will finally get us to the promised land. That's what I felt Singletary could offer. He just seemed like that kind of guy to me.

There is little or no respect for the Falcons franchise around the country and we go through head coaches like popcorn. Whatever and whoever it takes to get that changed, I'm all for it!

Superfan "! (1/23/2008)
All you folks that think you know why Mike wasn't interviewed,...you don't know. You just think you know. None of us know and likely never will. That being said and as a big fan of Iron Mike, whoever gets the job will have my full support of course. I just hope we can land a HC that is gonna stick. I'd really like to see someone stay for 12 to 15 years and build a SYSTEM here in Atlanta, something we can be proud of and something that will finally get us to the promised land. That's what I felt Singletary could offer. He just seemed like that kind of guy to me.

There is little or no respect for the Falcons franchise around the country and we go through head coaches like popcorn. Whatever and whoever it takes to get that changed, I'm all for it!

you will wonder why mike wasnt given an interview, and i will wonder why zimmer wasnt given a chance either. we are falcons fans 1st, so we have to accept it and root for our team.

I hope that they take their time and hire a real NFL head coach, rather than some jack a==like that guy whom will be trying to convince some parents in Arkansas and the surrounding area of country that they sould send their son or daughter to the University of Arrkansas. Go SEC vs Ark. I hope Bobby Petrino never wins another football game in his life!