Official "Falcons' Player Interest" Thread

I'll make this the official thread and keep it updated. Anyone who finds any info on who the Falcons are showing interest in, please post with the source. This will be a good resource for those making mock drafts or just to get an idea of what positions the team has serious interest in.

QB

Erik Ainge

Colt Brennan

Joe Flacco

RB

Tashard Choice

Matt Forte

Dantrelle Savage

Rafael Little

WR

Harry Douglas

TE

Fred Davis

OL

Chris Williams

John Sullivan

I realize Brohm and Ryan aren't at the Senior Bowl, but it's looking more and more like we're targeting a QB for one of our second round picks.

I feel like we're looking at running backs around the 2nd or 3rd round as well.

Which means ... what? That the team is locked in on one of the Elite Top 5 picks and knows who they want in the 1st round ... hopefully that's Dorsey/Ellis. :D

I hope we hear something soon about which OTs we're talking to...

1989fan (1/23/2008)
let the smokescreening and filtering begin.

seeing those names, I would bet that the Falcons go and draft Henne or Booty. :D

Exactly. You can't tell me the Falcons aren't looking at the best player there....S.Ellis. Of course, everybody is looking/interested in him.

Guest Libid21
1989fan (1/23/2008)

seeing those names, I would bet that the Falcons go and draft Henne or Booty. :D

What makes you so interested in Henne or Booty? Just wondering what makes them more special than Ainge or Flacco.

Libid21 (1/24/2008)
1989fan (1/23/2008)

What makes you so interested in Henne or Booty? Just wondering what makes them more special than Ainge or Flacco.

Flacco is an interesting prospect, and I think the Falcons should do some serious homework on him (he was very hot/cold at the practices), but Ainge is one prospect I want nothing to do with.

Yes, I mentioned this in a mock last week after TD was hired. NE had three different TEs on their roster last year who had been drafted on day one. Daniel Graham and Ben Watson were first rounders while David Thomas was a third rounder. They ran twins right up until they dumped it for the run and shoot this year, because Graham left and they brought in all those wideouts.

jidady (1/24/2008)
Yes, I mentioned this in a mock last week after TD was hired. NE had three different TEs on their roster last year who had been drafted on day one. Daniel Graham and Ben Watson were first rounders while David Thomas was a third rounder. They ran twins right up until they dumped it for the run and shoot this year, because Graham left and they brought in all those wideouts.
You know I like Dustin Keller, but I also like Martellus Bennett. He's a great receiving threat, but a NASTY blocker, too.

The Cush (1/24/2008)
Here are some more...

Thomas DeCoud

Bryan Mattison

Jacob Tamme

Chad Rinehart

Chauncey Washington

Brandon Coutu

Wesley Woodyard

Terrell Thomas

The Falcons are drafting a TE...They have spoken to 3 possible first day TE's. This doesn't surprise me though.

I'm glad we have noticed Bryan Mattison. He's had 15.5 sacks and 22.5 TFL the last 2 years, and has been kind of flying under the radar on a lot of the experts draft boards. I don't know how he's been doing in the senior bowl, I don't have NFL Network or whatever it's on, but nevertheless I want this guy in the 7th round.

JD Booty- His accuracy was very impressive

Gosder Cherilus - He was excellant at the senior bowl practice

Dexter Jackson - He is at a small school but would be a real good late round pick

Phillip Wheeler - He looked mightilyimpressive at practice this week

Xavier Adibi - Same as above

Patrick Lee - A cb Mayock rates high an he showed good skills

Eddie Royal - He will be a good pick up and has return skills

Heath Benedict

Jordy Nelson

grendel (1/25/2008)
The Cush (1/24/2008)
Here are some more...

Thomas DeCoud

Bryan Mattison

Jacob Tamme

Chad Rinehart

Chauncey Washington

Brandon Coutu

Wesley Woodyard

Terrell Thomas

The Falcons are drafting a TE...They have spoken to 3 possible first day TE's. This doesn't surprise me though.

If we're taking a TE, I want Cottam. 6'7", 270lbs, with good speed for his size and good hands. ****, if he doesn't work out as a TE, you stick him in the weight room and coach him up as a LT.

Just like Jason Peters. :w00t: Except I think Peters was 300lbs+ coming out of college.

grendel (1/25/2008)
The Cush (1/24/2008)
Here are some more...

Thomas DeCoud

Bryan Mattison

Jacob Tamme

Chad Rinehart

Chauncey Washington

Brandon Coutu

Wesley Woodyard

Terrell Thomas

If we're taking a TE, I want Cottam. 6'7", 270lbs, with good speed for his size and good hands. ****, if he doesn't work out as a TE, you stick him in the weight room and coach him up as a LT.

Cottam is interesting, but he was injured in college and never really put up a lot of numbers. He could end up being a steal, but he will probably get drafted above where he should, production-wise. Martellus Bennett has good size and is a nasty blocker, if size and blocking ability are two qualities we are going to look for on day 1.