Get Ryan Now!

I truly feel that he is the best candidate of the 4 the Falcons are interested in.

His defense has been in the top 5 for the past 3 years, and was #6 in 2004. He is a genius, and has been around a winning franchise for a while. I'm sure he has learned a lot from Fassel and Billick. His father was also a former NFL head coach so I am sure he learned some stuff from him. He also won a Super Bowl with the Ravens.

Guest Libid21
frankthetank966 (1/22/2008)
I truly feel that he is the best candidate of the 4 the Falcons are interested in.

His defense has been in the top 5 for the past 3 years, and was #6 in 2004. He is a genius, and has been around a winning franchise for a while. I'm sure he has learned a lot from Fassel and Billick. His father was also a former NFL head coach so I am sure he learned some stuff from him. He also won a Super Bowl with the Ravens.

We don't have to get him "Now!" because he will wait for our offer.

Libid21 (1/22/2008)

We don't have to get him "Now!" because he will wait for our offer.

yea and we should at least still checkout spags.

Mike Nolan and Marvin Lewis were "defensive geniuses" too, until they became head coaches and had to leave all of the excellent players on the Ravens defenses. Last year, they coordinated two of the worst defenses in the league (20/24 scoring, 25/27 yardage).

I think Ryan would make a good head coach, but I want to explore the other options first...

BlacksburgHokie (1/22/2008)
Mike Nolan and Marvin Lewis were "defensive geniuses" too, until they became head coaches and had to leave all of the excellent players on the Ravens defenses. Last year, they coordinated two of the worst defenses in the league (20/24 scoring, 25/27 yardage).

I think Ryan would make a good head coach, but I want to explore the other options first...

yea but we have a good D. just missing a few pieces like a MLB, DT, FS,SS.

Spags is a joke. People are overrating him. The Giants have a crazy good defensive team, not because of coaching but mainly because of the personal. Strahan, Osi, Pierce.... I'm not saying Spags has nothing to do with the great stats, but the Giants are a good defensive team. Plus I would rather go with experience.

we could atleast give him an interview and see what he's about though. after sucktrino i dont think the falcons will pass up anyone because you never know who will be the next best coach.

bossFALCON (1/22/2008)
Spags is a joke. People are overrating him. The Giants have a crazy good defensive team, not because of coaching but mainly because of the personal. Strahan, Osi, Pierce.... I'm not saying Spags has nothing to do with the great stats, but the Giants are a good defensive team. Plus I would rather go with experience.

we could atleast give him an interview and see what he's about though. after sucktrino i dont think the falcons will pass up anyone because you never know who will be the next best coach.

but do we really want to wait a couple of weeks?

bossFALCON (1/22/2008)

but do we really want to wait a couple of weeks?

its not like our candidates are going anywhere and i think by the time we interview spags we will be making a decision by the end of the week. i doubt we will wait anymore than that because then we could get in trouble. its risky but it may be worth it.

bossFALCON (1/22/2008)

Yes, but I hope TD hires the best canidate and not a friend. He said in an interview that he and Spags were friends or knew each other anyhow. If they are friends that's great but I hope that's not the reason he gets the job over the other canidates, if he dose get the HC job.

Falcon first down (1/22/2008)
bossFALCON (1/22/2008)

Yes, but I hope TD hires the best canidate and not a friend. He said in an interview that he and Spags were friends or knew each other anyhow. If they are friends that's great but I hope that's not the reason he gets the job over the other canidates, if he dose get the HC job.

yea i think thomas will do the right thing because in the end if he screws up at the gm job he can be fired. he is on a contract too so he knows what his job is and he knows this is a business and if he doesnt do good and help the team produce it could be his #####.

bossFALCON (1/22/2008)
bossFALCON (1/22/2008)

yea i think thomas will do the right thing because in the end if he screws up at the gm job he can be fired. he is on a contract too so he knows what his job is and he knows this is a business and if he doesnt do good and help the team produce it could be his #####.

McKay screwed up, he didn't get fired, he pretty much promoted McKay so if TD screws up, hes not gonna get fired.

Twinblade (1/22/2008)
bossFALCON (1/22/2008)
bossFALCON (1/22/2008)

McKay screwed up, he didn't get fired, he pretty much promoted McKay so if TD screws up, hes not gonna get fired.

its possible because mckay had been a GM before and had had some success, Thomas hasnt been a GM before. i think it would take a while for him to fire him but let this team finish up like it has this year and Thomas may start to sweat.