Anyone interested in a Lab or two?

capologist

Found these guys wandering around and had to take them in.

First up is Brownie: 000_0210.jpg

Looks to be maybe a year old. He's a little shy but not an aggressive bone in his body.

And then there is Shadow and she lives up to her name as she loves attention and I'd put her somewhere between 6 and 9 months old.

000_0211.jpg

If you are interested or know of anyone who could provide a good home to them, please let me know.

Thanks!

lax32 (1/22/2008)
Did you take them to a vet/the pound to see if they have a tracking chip in them?

Just making sure they don't belong to someone who is looking for them.

I found them yesterday and contacted security (gated community) in case someone is looking for them.

By the way they have eaten the past two days, I'm guessing they've been on their own a little while.

I think there's a boy in Utah, just kidding.

They are beautiful dogs, I hope you find a home for them.

The Labrador is a well respected dog for protecting homes and being gentle with children.

There is just no room here, with three dogs, two cats and a potbelly pig recent addition.

ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)
you think they can fight? i'm just sayin'.....

No Labs are not breed to fight. They are actually breed for retrieving. So if vick is in jail you might be able to retrieve him with these dogs.

don't bother me with this stuff about breeds and their behaviors. with the right training......:D who needs vick? his buddy will be out in 2 months!:w00t:

twright21 (1/22/2008)
ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)

No Labs are not breed to fight. They are actually breed for retrieving. So if vick is in jail you might be able to retrieve him with these dogs.

don't bother me with this stuff about breeds and their behaviors. with the right training......:D who needs vick? his buddy will be out in 2 months!:w00t:

I'm not trying to bother you with this stuff. You did post in a perfectly harmless nondogfighting thread. About dogs, that are not known for fighting.

capologist (1/22/2008)
lax32 (1/22/2008)
Did you take them to a vet/the pound to see if they have a tracking chip in them?

Just making sure they don't belong to someone who is looking for them.

I found them yesterday and contacted security (gated community) in case someone is looking for them.

By the way they have eaten the past two days, I'm guessing they've been on their own a little while.

Yeah Id still check with a vet/pound to see if they have a chip in them. Just incase. Even though its a gated community they always find a way in.

ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)
ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)

I'm not trying to bother you with this stuff. You did post in a perfectly harmless nondogfighting thread. About dogs, that are not known for fighting.

it was a bit of levity, and after this season, i think falcons fans are entitled. it wasn't a serious thing. the most fighting i've seen a lab do is playing with the cat.;)

twright21 (1/22/2008)
ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)
ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)

it was a bit of levity, and after this season, i think falcons fans are entitled. it wasn't a serious thing. the most fighting i've seen a lab do is playing with the cat.;)

Aight It was a misplaced act of classiness, I've done it.

ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)
ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)
ty down (1/22/2008)
twright21 (1/22/2008)

Aight It was a misplaced act of classiness, I've done it.

:P Pfilm2286879908782.jpg

raven reborn (1/22/2008)
aww, brownie is a cutie :)

not sure where you live but you can call 770-487-1073 and leave a message on line 3 to see if they have room :)

Brownie was a bit skittish at first (makes me wonder if someone was cruel to him) but he's never growled, snarled or snapped at me and last night I was allowed to pet him with tail wagging.

Shadow is just a gem of a dog. How she's kept that good disposition is beyond me. I'm in Macon, GA and all the shelters are pretty much full around here. I'm not worried about distance and will take them to wherever it is I need to in order to find them a good home.

I'll give that number a call and see what happens, thanks!

Shiney_McShine (1/22/2008)
Don't tempt me......I've been dogless for almost a year. I told myself I would not get another dog until after I moved.....Still, you can't help but feel sorry for those poor things.

Consider yourself tempted! Very playful and quiet too. The only time they've even barked is if another animal goes by. Did I mention the 20 lbs of food too?

capologist (1/22/2008)

First up is Brownie:

Brownie looks like he might be mixed with a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, judging from the color.

Great looking dogs, Cappy. I wish I was in the market, but we have our dog and don't need another. If I hear of anyone looking, I'll let you know.

JDaveG (1/23/2008)
capologist (1/22/2008)

First up is Brownie:

Brownie looks like he might be mixed with a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, judging from the color.

Great looking dogs, Cappy. I wish I was in the market, but we have our dog and don't need another. If I hear of anyone looking, I'll let you know.

Thanks! You are the 2nd that mentioned the Chesapeake.

capologist (1/23/2008)
raven reborn (1/22/2008)
aww, brownie is a cutie :)

not sure where you live but you can call 770-487-1073 and leave a message on line 3 to see if they have room :)

Brownie was a bit skittish at first (makes me wonder if someone was cruel to him) but he's never growled, snarled or snapped at me and last night I was allowed to pet him with tail wagging.

Shadow is just a gem of a dog. How she's kept that good disposition is beyond me. I'm in Macon, GA and all the shelters are pretty much full around here. I'm not worried about distance and will take them to wherever it is I need to in order to find them a good home.

I'll give that number a call and see what happens, thanks!

Not worried about distance eh? :w00t:

I was looking for a dog, but Southern Cal is a bit out of reach I think.