Ravens looking at our pick for Matt Ryan ??

swiftkick

Once the Ravens decide on their coordinators, it will be interesting to find out their No. 1 draft priority.

I can see the defensive coaches lobbying for a cornerback and the offensive coaches wanting a big wide receiver as a threat on the outside, or maybe Harbaugh wants to get a franchise-caliber quarterback.

Certainly, the Ravens could always trade up and maybe get Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan. Because the team is in a gambling mood and gambled on Harbaugh, why not go for it all with Ryan?

The Ravens thought they had a legitimate shot at Ryan if Bobby Petrino were still Atlanta's head coach. Atlanta is the one team expected to take a quarterback ahead of the Ravens, who have the No. 8 overall selection. Petrino was expected to take Brian Brohm from Louisville, where Petrino -- now at Arkansas -- coached before he joined the Falcons.

they can have the guy...he has done nothing to warrant a top 10 pick.

we are gonna go DT or RB if mcfadden is still there.

There is just as much value at the QB position this year in the 3rd round as in the first.

None of the Qbs in the draft have done anything spectacular. They are all good Qbs none of them great. I would rather have Joe Flacco or Eric Ainge in the 3rd round than to pick Ryan in the top 5. With a top 5 pick any team would want someone who is a difference maker. Ryan is not that guy. Flacco has a bigger arm than Ryan and that alone will give him more looks later in the draft . Ryan will be like brady quinn last year. he better not go to New York and get embarrassed.

THe ravens have a kid on their team that needs some work, but troy smith did ok, he actually won the heisman trophy and played for a national championship. Gamble on that guy, who is already on your roster. they need an offensive line to protect whoever they get at QB.

trubirdfan4life (1/22/2008)
they can have the guy...he has done nothing to warrant a top 10 pick.

we are gonna go DT or RB if mcfadden is still there.

There is just as much value at the QB position this year in the 3rd round as in the first.

None of the Qbs in the draft have done anything spectacular. They are all good Qbs none of them great. I would rather have Joe Flacco or Eric Ainge in the 3rd round than to pick Ryan in the top 5. With a top 5 pick any team would want someone who is a difference maker. Ryan is not that guy. Flacco has a bigger arm than Ryan and that alone will give him more looks later in the draft . Ryan will be like brady quinn last year. he better not go to New York and get embarrassed.

THe ravens have a kid on their team that needs some work, but troy smith did ok, he actually won the heisman trophy and played for a national championship. Gamble on that guy, who is already on your roster. they need an offensive line to protect whoever they get at QB.

ABSOLUTELY!! Thet can trade picks with us for theirs and Troy Smith!

I would take Redman, Leftwich, Shockley, and Flacco going into camp and feel safe that the QB position can be managed and use our 1st 3 picks on starters for this year...RB,DT,OT. We also need to get a MLB but I think we will have to get that guy in free agency. If we can get good starters at those positions, we would have a pretty solid team.

we had injuries that hurt us at OT and DT and age that hurt us at MLB and RB.

trubirdfan4life (1/22/2008)
I would take Redman, Leftwich, Shockley, and Flacco going into camp and feel safe that the QB position can be managed and use our 1st 3 picks on starters for this year...RB,DT,OT. We also need to get a MLB but I think we will have to get that guy in free agency. If we can get good starters at those positions, we would have a pretty solid team.

we had injuries that hurt us at OT and DT and age that hurt us at MLB and RB.

Don't be surprised if we draft Jordon Dizon in the second at MLB

bossFALCON (1/22/2008)
McNasty_Bird (1/22/2008)
NEWS FLASH!!! We're NOT taking Matt Ryan with our first pick in the draft. Don't believe everything you read. ;)

i've been hearing ryan is going #1 to MIA and i think that is where he will end up.

Brohm or ryan will go to miami.Every year a qb moves up and goes #1.Think about how good the 3rd will be if we get it and a qb goes 1st.;)

bigduke633 (1/22/2008)
bossFALCON (1/22/2008)
McNasty_Bird (1/22/2008)
NEWS FLASH!!! We're NOT taking Matt Ryan with our first pick in the draft. Don't believe everything you read. ;)

i've been hearing ryan is going #1 to MIA and i think that is where he will end up.

Brohm or ryan will go to miami.Every year a qb moves up and goes #1.Think about how good the 3rd will be if we get it and a qb goes 1st.;)

yup we will have so many good options we wont know what to do. if brohm does go first we better not draft no **** matt ryan at the 3rd though because i feel there is much better talent than him at the 3rd pick. we could go dorsey, mcfadden, long possibly, maybe even ellis after what analysts have been saying. i think ryan has 2nd to 3rd round talent w/ 1st round hype.

hawkeyes (1/22/2008)
I hope they dont have to worry about us taking a QB with the first pick. I want to see what shockley can do this year.

I like Shock but to go into next season depending on an inexperienced QB coming off a major injury that takes two yrs to recover from (see McNabb) ahead of Matt Ryan??? I don't think I'm going to the fox hole next yr with Shock. I really hope Shock works out because he has a strong arm and is mobile but not very accurate. I do think he will improve and will stick in the NFL but once again I wouldn't want to hang my hat on him. I say draft Ryan and if he works out then fine M Ryan's stock will be very high. One thing to remember Chris Redman looks like a pretty good NFL QB and with a decent running game and OL he may really blossom

WhenFalconsWin (1/22/2008)
swiftkick (1/22/2008)
Once the Ravens decide on their coordinators, it will be interesting to find out their No. 1 draft priority.

I can see the defensive coaches lobbying for a cornerback and the offensive coaches wanting a big wide receiver as a threat on the outside, or maybe Harbaugh wants to get a franchise-caliber quarterback.

Certainly, the Ravens could always trade up and maybe get Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan. Because the team is in a gambling mood and gambled on Harbaugh, why not go for it all with Ryan?

The Ravens thought they had a legitimate shot at Ryan if Bobby Petrino were still Atlanta's head coach. Atlanta is the one team expected to take a quarterback ahead of the Ravens, who have the No. 8 overall selection. Petrino was expected to take Brian Brohm from Louisville, where Petrino -- now at Arkansas -- coached before he joined the Falcons.

Ok, let's say we can fool their azzes into thinking we're taking Ryan with the 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick but hey need to make it worth our while. Their 1st and Ed Reed and its a done deal!

if TD was able to pull that off ..HE would accomplish what McKay hasnt done in 3 years

IMO for some reason Matt Ryan to me just dosent look like he can accel in the NFL, he just looks like a guy to me that will end up being leaving and signing to several teams in his career.

and as for Shockley, he didnt do too well in the preseason and then he got injured, so first of all he has to be at least productive in the pre-season.

finally, i think we should draft Colt Brennan,not in the 1st tho, yeh i know he got chewed by Georgia but this guy has a quick release and broke NCAA passing records which are pretty impressive

heyydanny (1/22/2008)
IMO for some reason Matt Ryan to me just dosent look like he can accel in the NFL, he just looks like a guy to me that will end up being leaving and signing to several teams in his career.

and as for Shockley, he didnt do too well in the preseason and then he got injured, so first of all he has to be at least productive in the pre-season.

finally, i think we should draft Colt Brennan,not in the 1st tho, yeh i know he got chewed by Georgia but this guy has a quick release and broke NCAA passing records which are pretty impressive

i was watching the senior bowl practices today and they had to teach colt how to drop back because he had been in the shotgun so much. he is also 185 lbs which isnt good. if he cant drop back behind our line he will get snapped in half. he can gain weight though. i think we should take booty or dixon though. maybe flacco. they all looked good to me.