ATL showing interest in these prospects at the Senior Bowl

I'd love it if we could get Tashard Choice, Chris Williams, and Fred Davis... but it's very doubtful.

Dantrelle Savage has been on my radar for a while, but he's almost a Warrick Dunn clone so I'm really not sure... I'd rather get a bigger more powerful runner.

Matt Forte is a good prospect.

Carter (1/22/2008)
I'd love it if we could get Tashard Choice, Chris Williams, and Fred Davis... but it's very doubtful.

Dantrelle Savage has been on my radar for a while, but he's almost a Warrick Dunn clone so I'm really not sure... I'd rather get a bigger more powerful runner.

Matt Forte is a good prospect.

Love Matt Forte, and TE depth is a definite need, although some will disagree. I like Dustin Keller, who will be a matchup nightmare... I wanted the Falcons to draft Kevin Boss last year if they went with a TE...

despite alot of skeptisism earlier, it seems like many feel that Ainge has NFL tools. I cant believe they are looking at Brennan but not Henne. Henne has been on point since coming back from his injury.

It is still early though. I also like Choice and Davis. Davis didnt measure as tall as they hoped, but there is no denying he got it done on the field for USC this year.

Fred Davis is almost a Vernon Davis type of TE... though VD obviously has some better measurables and his power for the position is out of this world. Fred Davis could cause some ridiculous match up issues though, like a Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates type of TE. I believe he's also decent in blocking.

I think Davis is a 1st rounder though, so he's almost certainly out of the question for us. He's right around Jonathan Stewart in draft stock in my opinion.

If we decide to maybe go for a TE in this draft, I really really hope we give Martin Rucker out of Missouri or Adam Bishop out of Nevada a good hard look in scouting. Craig Stevens out of Cal is another one to look at.

Gary Barnidge out of Louisville has a lot of potential, but he needs to size up a bit to make it in the NFL at TE, I think.

BlacksburgHokie (1/22/2008)
The Cush (1/22/2008)
Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan, Tashard Choice, Matt Forte, Fred Davis, Chris Williams, Dantrelle Savage, Joe Flacco...

There are probably more, but these are the ones that have been confirmed by Scout.com

That's a pretty good list of players. I would be happy drafting any of them.

Except why the **** are we looking at Colt Brennan?

1989fan (1/22/2008)
despite alot of skeptisism earlier, it seems like many feel that Ainge has NFL tools. I cant believe they are looking at Brennan but not Henne. Henne has been on point since coming back from his injury.

It is still early though. I also like Choice and Davis. Davis didnt measure as tall as they hoped, but there is no denying he got it done on the field for USC this year.

I'm sure they are looking at Henne as well. They should be checking out every single QB they can...

BlacksburgHokie (1/22/2008)
The Cush (1/22/2008)
Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan, Tashard Choice, Matt Forte, Fred Davis, Chris Williams, Dantrelle Savage, Joe Flacco...

There are probably more, but these are the ones that have been confirmed by Scout.com

That's a pretty good list of players. I would be happy drafting any of them.

Doing homework... do diligence...

I'm just glad to see that we aren't looking at QB's that will probably go in the first. Looks like TD is making a move toward drafting based on need first. And besides DT being a need (really just a want by me I suppose) he's also looking at taking the BPA with the first rounder. Smart smart move. Tuna esque' even.

grendel (1/22/2008)
popcornplaya (1/22/2008)
I'm just glad to see that we aren't looking at QB's that will probably go in the first. Looks like TD is making a move toward drafting based on need first. And besides DT being a need (really just a want by me I suppose) he's also looking at taking the BPA with the first rounder. Smart smart move. Tuna esque' even.

Well, the 2 top QB's aren't even at the Senior Bowl...

yep, if ryan and brohm where there we would be looking at them.

popcornplaya (1/22/2008)
Oh, and draft nut, mark my words, Kevin Smith will be off the board way before the fourth round.

Oh , I think your right , I just made this Mock draft with some rankings that has him going in the forth , but It is possible simply bC of all the good players at the position. He is ranked that low right now BC of his 40 , He has one of the slowest 40s of all the RBs .

Carter (1/22/2008)
Fred Davis is almost a Vernon Davis type of TE... though VD obviously has some better measurables and his power for the position is out of this world. Fred Davis could cause some ridiculous match up issues though, like a Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates type of TE. I believe he's also decent in blocking.

I think Davis is a 1st rounder though, so he's almost certainly out of the question for us. He's right around Jonathan Stewart in draft stock in my opinion.

If we decide to maybe go for a TE in this draft, I really really hope we give Martin Rucker out of Missouri or Adam Bishop out of Nevada a good hard look in scouting. Craig Stevens out of Cal is another one to look at.

Gary Barnidge out of Louisville has a lot of potential, but he needs to size up a bit to make it in the NFL at TE, I think.

i like Perry from Colorado State, could be a great sleeper pick for us on the 2nd day. runs like a 4.6 40, and is i think 6'6" and about 260 lbs. his size and speed alone would make defending him in the red zone just murder, and with that size, he should be a monster at blocking as well.

USCfalcons23 (1/23/2008)
Draftnut57 (1/22/2008)
Let me tell ya something , They will not speck Sedricks name BC they are just hoping he don't go before our first pick , And so am I hoping he last till our pick .

lol@ ur worst moves list

Vick got us way farther than LT got SD to this day

Vick is a ****** but atleast hes not a quitter like LT

I have never seen a reply that I disagree with more , And evidently you don't know it but 90% of all Football fans would disagree with your statments . You calling LT a quitter lets me know you don't have a clue my friend. I can't believe you would even write such a thing , Unbelievable , Simply Unbelievable . :unsure: