Pioli on Dimitroff

Big Duke 6

By JEFF D'ALESSIO

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/22/08

Patriots vice president Scott Pioli gives us five things Falcons fans should know about new general manager Thomas Dimitroff, New England's former college scouting director:

1. He loves Atlanta. He lived there for four years when he was a Southeast area scout and he used rave about the city and the quality of life. I always spent quite a bit of time with him when I would come down for a week for NFL Europe training camp.

2. He's an accomplished cyclist and mountain biker. He has competed in at the "expert level" in mountain biking competitions.

3. He went to high school and college in Canada and is a big fan of the Montreal Expos and Toronto Maple Leafs.

4. He's as dedicated to the game of football as much as anyone I know. When he was scouting for the World League in the early 1990s, the league folded. Thomas moved to Cleveland, lived with his parents and worked for the Browns as part of the grounds crew. At the end of the day he'd come up to my office with grass clippings and field paint from head to toe and watch film and talk football. He smelled pretty ripe some days too.

5. He's a health fanatic. Even with all of his time spent on the road, he maintains a vigorous workout routine and healthy vegetarian diet. I've known him to have worked out at 4 a.m. while on the road.

bigduke633 (1/22/2008)
By JEFF D'ALESSIO

Patriots vice president Scott Pioli gives us five things Falcons fans should know about new general manager Thomas Dimitroff, New England's former college scouting director:

1. He loves Atlanta. He lived there for four years when he was a Southeast area scout and he used rave about the city and the quality of life. I always spent quite a bit of time with him when I would come down for a week for NFL Europe training camp.

2. He's an accomplished cyclist and mountain biker. He has competed in at the "expert level" in mountain biking competitions.

3. He went to high school and college in Canada and is a big fan of the Montreal Expos and Toronto Maple Leafs.

4. He's as dedicated to the game of football as much as anyone I know. When he was scouting for the World League in the early 1990s, the league folded. Thomas moved to Cleveland, lived with his parents and worked for the Browns as part of the grounds crew. At the end of the day he'd come up to my office with grass clippings and field paint from head to toe and watch film and talk football. He smelled pretty ripe some days too.

5. He's a health fanatic. Even with all of his time spent on the road, he maintains a vigorous workout routine and healthy vegetarian diet. I've known him to have worked out at 4 a.m. while on the road.

Uh oh, not sure I could trust a man who I couldn't enjoy a steak with while on business meeting with... :P

BillyWitchDoctor (1/22/2008)
bigduke633 (1/22/2008)
By JEFF D'ALESSIO

Uh oh, not sure I could trust a man who I couldn't enjoy a steak with while on business meeting with... :P

agreed.....this is the only thing I don't like about Dimitroff..something does not seem natural to me about a "football" man that won't eat a steak and is a mountain bike rider with a funky haircut.

Seems like Dimitroff should be in the "X" games or something....

Someone needs to introduce him to a nice plate of one of my favorites....

1827_tri.jpg

MMm mmm...I love me some tri tip.

But on a more serious note, I'm not going to judge him by what he eats. It's his decision and if he doesn't want to eat some of the greatest things in the world so be it, I just know theres no way in **** I could do it.