Heath Ledger Found Dead

DomeGnome

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

falconfootball (1/22/2008)
Wow, shocker. RIP Heath. Did they say what happened? Dude was really young wasn't he??

Wow, I can't believe this. Although I was not a Brokeback Mountain fan, he was really good in other stuff. His upcoming "Joker" character looks amazing.

CNN and MSN both list it as "developing" with no other info. He was in his twenties, but I'm not sure what exact age.

NEW YORK -- A New York Police Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

Ledger starred in "Brokeback Mountain" and "The Brothers Grimm."

Ledger was found by his housekeeper in his Broome Street apartment with pills strewn all around him, according to police.

NEW YORK -- A New York Police Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

Ledger starred in "Brokeback Mountain" and "The Brothers Grimm."

Ledger was found by his housekeeper in his Broome Street apartment with pills strewn all around him, according to police.

Nuts. I hate that for his family and child.

What the **** is wrong with people that they can't handle fame? I obviously don't know what it's like to be famous, but is it really that awful? Is it the personality that it takes to be an actor? I refuse to think its the lifestyle. Plenty of people consume their lives with drugs but don't go over the deep end like actors and musicians do.

kicker23 (1/22/2008)

What the **** is wrong with people that they can't handle fame? I obviously don't know what it's like to be famous, but is it really that awful? Is it the personality that it takes to be an actor? I refuse to think its the lifestyle. Plenty of people consume their lives with drugs but don't go over the deep end like actors and musicians do.

They don't go over the top too soon because they don't have the means. If you have the money it is waaaaay easier to go overboard.

kicker23 (1/22/2008)

A lack of discipline combined with an addictive personality - whether that addiction is drama, drugs/alcohol or sex. My husband used to model, and the level of acceptancy of drug use among some people is mind-blowing.

I don't follow celebrity gossip, but it never occurred to me that he was in the user group. What a shame.

ebonymonk (1/22/2008)
kicker23 (1/22/2008)

They don't go over the top too soon because they don't have the means. If you have the money it is waaaaay easier to go overboard.

Exactly.

ebonymonk (1/22/2008)
kicker23 (1/22/2008)

I don't buy that for a second. I know plenty of people with enough money to waste their life on drugs, but they fall short almost every time. Perhaps it is how they made it? The people I know worked their ***** off, are good with finances, and somewhat fiscally responsible. They still coke-out every weekend, but at least they get up and go to work on Monday.