Would you draft Tebow?

matt marshall

Would you draft Tim Tebow?

Why or why not and with what pick( 1st or later)?

Out of all the Qbs in college right now, not QBs going to the draft this year, who would you want as your NFL team QB?

Out of all the RBs in college right now, not RBs going to the draft this year, who would you want as your NFL team RB? :cool:

Way too early to say on Tebow. Let's see what happens the next two years first.

I say that because he's just completed his first year starting and has more developing to do.

Certainly subject to change but 2009 QB: Curtis Painter, Purdue (Seniors only)

And subject to change again but 2009 RB: James Davis, Clemson (Seniors only)

Why have so many Tebow topics come up the past 2 days? I don't understand why so many people are talking about him as if he's coming out this year. **** he's not even coming out next year.

This is the scary thing about Tim Tebow...this guy has 2 MORE YEARS TO IMPROVE. I can't even fathom that idea right now. As incredibly gifted as he is now...he's only going to get better. A guy who won the Heisman is coming back for 2 more years...that's the stuff hard-ons are made from.

But to answer your other question about current college QBs and RBs:

I don't really know about QBs, the only dominant one that will be coming back to college this year is Tebow. I think him, Stafford, and Colt McCoy are going to be the 3 best QBs this year...so I guess those are the three I would most want for the Falcons at this point, but ask me in 2 years when all of those guys come out

As far as running backs are concerned, there is one that sticks out amongst all of them, and one that is a pretty obvious choice, and that is Chris Wells. This guy is a men amongst boys at the college level and an absolute monster.

But certainly guys like Knowshon Moreno, Demarco Murray, James Davis, CJ Spiller, all 117 5-star running backs USC has, Noel Devine, Emmanuel Moody, and Javarris James are all worth giving a serious look at for the next few years.

I say let the kid play his other two years first. He's still got some growing to do. He's got the grit and heart and a good "feel" for the game, but he's got to really show that he has an NFL-caliber arm. Don't get me wrong, he's a great, great player and he has shown a better arm than he was credited for. I'm just saying alot of faster, better mobile QB's have flopped because they can't make all the big boy throws.

Pulpwood Smith (1/22/2008)
I say let the kid play his other two years first. He's still got some growing to do. He's got the grit and heart and a good "feel" for the game, but he's got to really show that he has an NFL-caliber arm. Don't get me wrong, he's a great, great player and he has shown a better arm than he was credited for. I'm just saying alot of faster, better mobile QB's have flopped because they can't make all the big boy throws.

I completely agree. The one thing Tim Tebow has to learn how to do first is throw a ******** spiral. He easily has the worst pass in college football, he's lucky that he's so accurate or else who wouldn't be starting even at the college level.

He can make every single throw on the field, nobody can question that because it's evidenced in every single game he has started. There's not one throw he can't make, and his timing is great as well, my main concern with Tim Tebow is like someone mentioned in another thread, is fitting the ball in a tight place. He's done it a few times, and sometimes he was lucky to have such freakish receivers that could adjust to the ball or go down to the ground to make the catch. Threading the needle is something that is done 10+ times in every game at the NFL level because the coverage is so tight, that's something that Tebow is not good at because there's usually always a receiver that has separation. Other than that, he's got all the tools and he's got the "it" factor, and everyone who knows about Tebow knows what I mean about having "it."

Headshot (1/22/2008)

I completely agree. The one thing Tim Tebow has to learn how to do first is throw a ******** spiral. He easily has the worst pass in college football, he's lucky that he's so accurate or else who wouldn't be starting even at the college level.

He can make every single throw on the field, nobody can question that because it's evidenced in every single game he has started. There's not one throw he can't make, and his timing is great as well, my main concern with Tim Tebow is like someone mentioned in another thread, is fitting the ball in a tight place. He's done it a few times, and sometimes he was lucky to have such freakish receivers that could adjust to the ball or go down to the ground to make the catch. Threading the needle is something that is done 10+ times in every game at the NFL level because the coverage is so tight, that's something that Tebow is not good at because there's usually always a receiver that has separation. Other than that, he's got all the tools and he's got the "it" factor, and everyone who knows about Tebow knows what I mean about having "it."

Exactly. Arm strength is a factor, but not the deciding one. In the NFL you don't necessarily have to have a cannon (it **** sure helps), but you better be able to put the ball in very tight spaces with great timing. Reps, reps, and mo' reps.

Not sure what's up with all the Tebow threads myself, but it seems some were actually posted in another forum and moved here.

Tebow won't be coming out for 2 years anyways and it ways to early to tell what he is regarding an nfl prospect. He has a number of things he needs to improve on, but he was just a sophomore and has a lot of time to improve and improve his draft stock.

Regarding future RB:

Knowshon Moreno = 2009

Sam Bradford = 2010

Way too early. I'm anxious to see what he does next year. ESPECIALLY if we add a running game.

The thing about college football players is that their progression is unpredictable. Look what happened to Rex Grossman after his sophmore year. Completely dissapointing.

Look at Colt McCoy.

There are several examples.

Although he should have more help in the running game, Tebow will also have a target on his chest next year. Teams will also try to steal the UM/UGA blueprint and make him beat them from the pocket with the jailhouse blitzes.

We will learn a lot about Tim Tebow's legacy in college and pro potential after next season

busboyisback (1/22/2008)
The thing about college football players is that their progression is unpredictable. Look what happened to Rex Grossman after his sophmore year. Completely dissapointing.

Look at Colt McCoy.

There are several examples.

Except Tebow won the Heisman as a sophomore and will be a junior next year.

Hopefully he wont suffer a "junior slump"

Headshot (1/22/2008)

Exactly. Arm strength is a factor, but not the deciding one. In the NFL you don't necessarily have to have a cannon (it **** sure helps), but you better be able to put the ball in very tight spaces with great timing. Reps, reps, and mo' reps.

thats why the west coast offense was created.

tim teblow has a few years left to polish up on his passing. in the NFL i think he will be a decent QB, but i doubt he will run up the middle( if he wants to live)

GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)
Headshot (1/22/2008)

thats why the west coast offense was created.

tim teblow has a few years left to polish up on his passing. in the NFL i think he will be a decent QB, but i doubt he will run up the middle( if he wants to live)

Good point. Take Montana. Average arm, but great accuracy and timing. He had the "it" everyone speaks of. With te short, quick routes in the WCO, he was money. Joe Cool.

It's only recently I'v been able to really appreciate the old 49ers teams. Their yearly destruction of the Falcons, along with Deion leaving for SF, always left a bitter taste in my mouth. :sick: