This "NEW" improved grass/turf is killing the NFL

Guys im looking at the most knee injuries ive ever seen in the NFL. This new Grass/turn they use with the sand that flies up is killing knees. We had 8 guys on our team with MAJOR knee lig tears. now we are about average this year but lets take half that 4 x 32 teams = 128 players placed on IR or sitrting out this year b/c of knee problems. i noticed this last year but kinda figured its a fluke, but after this year its one of 2 things

Either the crackdown on steroids in professional sports has stop alot of guys from taking any kinda performance drug legal or not thus making tendons/ligaments less strong

or this grass/turf is not meant to play football on.

The is natural grass in Jacksonville, that is where Gandy got hurt. S.D., D.C., and Tampa all have grass. I think that you are just looking for something to B------ about. The new turf actually is better for the knee and most all injuries than the old astroturf that it has replaced which in a lot of cases had concrete backing.

birdonawire (1/22/2008)
The is natural grass in Jacksonville, that is where Gandy got hurt. S.D., D.C., and Tampa all have grass. I think that you are just looking for something to B------ about. The new turf actually is better for the knee and most all injuries than the old astroturf that it has replaced which in a lot of cases had concrete backing.

if i was looking for something to ##### about id talk about this so called NFL team. plenty to ##### about there. was just stating the facts my man.

I guess not the grass just the PID

Go Canes! (1/22/2008)
Guys im looking at the most knee injuries ive ever seen in the NFL. This new Grass/turn they use with the sand that flies up is killing knees. We had 8 guys on our team with MAJOR knee lig tears. now we are about average this year but lets take half that 4 x 32 teams = 128 players placed on IR or sitrting out this year b/c of knee problems. i noticed this last year but kinda figured its a fluke, but after this year its one of 2 things

Either the crackdown on steroids in professional sports has stop alot of guys from taking any kinda performance drug legal or not thus making tendons/ligaments less strong

or this grass/turf is not meant to play football on.

A crackdown on steroids would help not hurt injury problems. The use of steroids makes muscles grow so fast that the tendons dont always strengthen to accommodate the increased load the muscles could handle so they tear. Cortisone injections also destroy tendons with prolonged use yet they are legal.

The artificial surfaces may lead to increased injury rate. natural grass usually does not hold well but artificial surfaces do not give so a foot can stay planted and lead to injury

birdonawire (1/22/2008)
Lighten up Francis.

Go Canes! (1/22/2008)

if i was looking for something to ##### about id talk about this so called NFL team. plenty to ##### about there. was just stating the facts my man.

I SEE THE REAL YOU ARE ABOUT TO COME OUT. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME, BUT YOU'RE THE SAME GUY WHO MADE ALL THOSE RACIAL REMARKS.:angry:

REV.2000 (1/22/2008)
Go Canes! (1/22/2008)

I SEE THE REAL YOU ARE ABOUT TO COME OUT. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR NAME, BUT YOU'RE THE SAME GUY WHO MADE ALL THOSE RACIAL REMARKS.:angry:

rev 2000 all i gotta say is man you need to get out more.. you been here for 3 weeks now trying to push some button that doesnt exist, you call youself a holy-man but are the one to whom judgment is based? and furthermore do patrol the boards telling people what is and what is no to be? I think you need to spend a little more time with your family and less time trying to be a Falcons message board hero, it does beseech you.