BWAHAHAHA!!! Drudge is a complete joke! Check out this "headline"!

Ramen

On the top of the page is a graph of the stock market, followed by this headline:

image;size=239x110

"Stocks Fight Back!..."

That headline links to the following article:

"Stocks Plunge on Recession Fears"

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080122/wall_street.html?.v=13

So Drudge wrote a headline titled "Stocks Fight Back!" when the article being linked ACTUALLY notes that the stock market is plunging. Also check out the graph...it obviously shows that stocks started down and have not made it back up to Friday's level.

Steve_Bartkowski (1/22/2008)
Ramen (1/22/2008)
On the top of the page is a graph of the stock market, followed by this headline:

image;size=239x110

"Stocks Fight Back!..."

That headline links to the following article:

"Stocks Plunge on Recession Fears"

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080122/wall_street.html?.v=13

So Drudge wrote a headline titled "Stocks Fight Back!" when the article being linked ACTUALLY notes that the stock market is plunging. Also check out the graph...it obviously shows that stocks started down and have not made it back up to Friday's level.

You seem way too happy about stock market problems...

I'm not worried about the stock market. The economy is "lookin' GREAT", after all, and all the gloom and doom talk is just part of the liberal drive-by media trying to create a fake recession to make Bush look bad.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

DomeGnome (1/22/2008)
**** liberal media. Everything is great in our economy. We are at historic levels for really important stuff...like credit collections...repo-men...and home foreclosure sign makers.

All is well!

All is well!

It's double-plus good.

octoslash (1/22/2008)
What the f##K is wrong with you people?

Don't you see Octo? If the stock market goes up then it means that Bush is the greatest president ever! If the stock market goes down, then that means we will all be sent to go collect our welfare checks bocause Bush is the worst president in history.

To directly answer your question, they're stupid.

morphy (1/22/2008)
octoslash (1/22/2008)

Don't you see Octo? If the stock market goes up then it means that Bush is the greatest president ever! If the stock market goes down, then that means we will all be sent to go collect our welfare checks bocause Bush is the worst president in history.

Graphs are fun.

gritzblitz56 (1/22/2008)
Actually, that graph does show that the Dow is up from this morning's opening plunge.

Now it does. The graph I linked above is updated each minute, which means you're seeing the stock market right now.

Compare the time of my post to the point on the graph corresponding to that time. The market was still well below what it was on Friday. Hardly a "stocks fight back" headline.

Also, the headline on the Yahoo page changed from what it was this morning to the current headline. Again, the headline on Drudge told a story much different from the headline on the Yahoo page at the time I posted all of this.

But yeah, this thread looks kind of silly in hindsight.

morphy (1/22/2008)
octoslash (1/22/2008)

When, in fact, the president has very little to do with the economy.

snake (1/22/2008)
I don't think a President has the ability to directly influence the markets although policies, tax cuts spur business and Govt. decisions reflect on foreign aid and the will for companys to risk capital. But all in all the economies are Global and the roots run deep. When the dollar is weak foreign money pours in.
snake (12/6/2007)
Home ownership is up Incredibly in the last 7 years, and I salute Bush and anyone else responsible for our growing economy.

Hmmmm...Snake backs himself into a corner again.

Not that I care about his legacy but if youd spent 7 years cheering for failure in Iraq, its been a disappointing last 9 months. If that described you, then maybe its a good thing that the economy has taken a downturn. The blame for that failure would ultimately be placed on the POTUS, which is worth any amount of suffering.

Ramen (1/22/2008)

The president does have an impact on the economy (and that is something that I would like to see change). He does not have a tangible impact on the day to day rise and fall of the stock market.

Your cheerleading for the stock market isnt any better or worse than snake's cheerleading for snowstorms.

morphy (1/22/2008)
Ramen (1/22/2008)

The president does have an impact on the economy (and that is something that I would like to see change). He does not have a tangible impact on the day to day rise and fall of the stock market.

Your cheerleading for the stock market isnt any better or worse than snake's cheerleading for snowstorms.

I agree with Morphy.

Ramen, after 7 years of Bush I think most of the country is aware that he is the missing link between human and ape evolution, so we really don't need you reminding us about his every fault. Change is on the horizon, so it's time to look to how to make the country better with our new president and staff.

charlestonchad (1/22/2008)
morphy (1/22/2008)
Ramen (1/22/2008)

I agree with Morphy.

Ramen, after 7 years of Bush I think most of the country is aware that he is the missing link between human and ape evolution, so we really don't need you reminding us about his every fault. Change is on the horizon, so it's time to look to how to make the country better with our new president and staff.

What makes you think this thread had anything to do with the economy? It was a statement about The Drudge Report. It turned (was hijacked?) into a discussion about the economy and the stock market, but that's not why I started the thread.

As for the other threads about the economy, those also had less to do with Bush than it did with certain partisan hacks that blindly spouted about how the economy was GREAT.

snake (1/22/2008)
gritzblitz56 (1/22/2008)
Actually, that graph does show that the Dow is up from this morning's opening plunge.
That graph shows increase and lets not forget that the markets ALL have ups and downs.

THAT IS A COMPUTER GENERATED GRAPH!

BEWARE!

CAUTION! COMPUTER GENERATED GRAPH!!!!!!!

:P:P:P:w00t: