Our # 1 pick should be.........

xcomm

We need players that are "blue collar" type players and he fits the bill. Only way we shouldn't take him is if McFadden is on the board. Our second round pick should be Missouri QB Chase Daniel. He is a tough competitor who is a leader.

There are other "flashier" picks, but athletic ability is just one measure. Who would have thought that Jesse Tuggle would have been the superstar he turend out to be?

xcomm (1/22/2008)
We need players that are "blue collar" type players and he fits the bill. Only way we shouldn't take him is if McFadden is on the board. Our second round pick should be Missouri QB Chase Daniel. He is a tough competitor who is a leader.

There are other "flashier" picks, but athletic ability is just one measure. Who would have thought that Jesse Tuggle would have been the superstar he turend out to be?

he's not entering the draft

xcomm (1/22/2008)

a big football fan are you?

He is going back to Ohio State....so drafting him this year>>>>ISN'T AN OPTION

xcomm (1/22/2008)

Hes not entering the draft......and he is a good linebacker but not a great one........and if you dont mind me asking what makes him blue colar???

Found the top six on mynfldraft.com and here it is:

#1 Dolphins

Glenn Dorsey

Ht/Wt: 6-2/284 lbs

Position:DT

Drafted From:LSU

Class:Senior

#2 Rams

Jake Long

Ht/Wt: 6-7/295 lbs

Position:OT

Drafted From:Michigan

#3* Falcons

Matt Ryan

Ht/Wt: 6-5/220 lbs

Position:QB

Drafted From:Boston College

#4* Raiders

Darren McFadden

Ht/Wt: 6-2/205 lbs

Position:RB

Drafted From:Arkansas

Class:Junior

#5* Chiefs

Brian Brohm

Ht/Wt: 6-4/226 lbs

Position:QB

Drafted From:Louisville

#6 Jets

Chris Long

Ht/Wt: 6-4/280 lbs

Position:DE

Drafted From:Virginia

I was not impressed with him. Yes, he had a lot of tackles, but we know someone else who makes a lot of tackles too - Brooking.

I watched the BCS game just to get a good look at Laurinitis, and I did like how he was always around the play. I did notice though he made about a dozen tackles in the 8-12 yard gain range. That's exactly what Brooking does that everyone complains about.

After watching him, and thinking he was going to be our pick, I changed my mind and wouldn't pick him in the top 20. Perhaps that was his take also and the reason he decided to stay for his senior season.

celtik

grendel (1/22/2008)
Farmer (1/22/2008)
I can see it now.......

Commish: "With the fourth pick in the 2008 draft, the Atlanta Falcons, who btw have yet to hire a coach select........Oh, a player that isn't even in the draft. OK, lets move on to KC."

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Better yet, here's my first two round mock:

Rd. 1: Laurinitis

Rd. 2a: Michael Oher

Rd. 3a: Pete Carroll

The sad part, is that we've actually had worse drafts then this.