DRAFT PREDICTION - DEFENSIVE TACKLE FIRST ROUND

magnus23

I believe their will be a superstar to emerge this year in the fourth round or later at RB.

Right down to Cory Boyd or later.

Our new GM has had success getting value at OT and OG ... and this is a good draft to do it in.

A third or fourth overall pick may be too much for Jake Long.

QB - looks like 2nd or 3rd round we can get value.

Since Kenny Phillips out of our draft range ... I believe this GM goes for defensive tackle.

we can get good value later than that. we can get a good qb in the 5th or 6th round because we will have 2 years to groom them as far as commanding an offense.

as long as he has a strong arm and a good work ethic we don't have to go into the 1st,2nd,or 3rd round. I am willing to bet that flacco will be there in the 4th round.

I've been screaming for Jake Long, but with TD in the FO I believe he'll get some OL talent later in the draft. Personally I'd like to see our draft go something like this:

Rd1. Ellis DT

RD2a. Chris Williams OT or Sam Baker OT if he's still there

RD2b. Alex Boone OT

RD3a. QB

RD3b. RB

Ellis would immediately make our entire D better. 2 starting quality OT's would imediately make Norwood and Redman better giving our 3rd rd QB time to adapt.

Farmer (1/22/2008)
I've been screaming for Jake Long, but with TD in the FO I believe he'll get some OL talent later in the draft. Personally I'd like to see our draft go something like this:

Rd1. Ellis DT

RD2b. Alex Boone OT

RD3a. QB

RD3b. RB

Ellis would immediately make our entire D better. 2 starting quality OT's would imediately make Norwood and Redman better giving our 3rd rd QB time to adapt.

I thought Alex Boone was returning to Ohio St.? I like your draft, but I don't think we need two OTs, both being 2nd-rounders. I really think either Renardo Foster or Tyson Clabo is our future RT. I would rather draft our QB with our other 2nd, and draft an OG in the 3rd or 4th. JMO though.

Twinblade (1/22/2008)
Has everybody forgot Trey Lewis? I don't think DT is really a huge need.

1) lewis was taken in the 6th round and im sure not drafted to be our starter for years to come but more likely as a rotation player and if we looked out could manage as a starter alongside coleman

2)lewis did impress me in the few games he played but hes going to be coming of a bd injury and we dont know how well he will play after hes gotten better.

3) Ellis and dorsey are two of the most talented players coming out of college with impressive size, speed and strength and would be an attraction for double teams and take pressure of our DE's alla Amobi and Mario down in Houston.

4) Even if Lewis comes back fully fit and can stay that way we have another Dt spot in Coleman that cannot stay healthy and obviously should be replaced sooner than later due to his injury's lately

5) having a dominate Dline will also help out our secondary aswell and lets face it Milloy isn't getting any younger, houston is stilll ina devlopmental stage of his career, Crocker isnt best suited for that position, hall shows flash's of brilliance aswell as madness, Williams looks more like a bust every year and our other backups arent showing much either.

scott24falcs (1/22/2008)
Farmer (1/22/2008)

Rd1. Ellis DT

RD2b. Alex Boone OT

RD3a. QB

RD3b. RB

I thought Alex Boone was returning to Ohio St.? I like your draft, but I don't think we need two OTs, both being 2nd-rounders. I really think either Renardo Foster or Tyson Clabo is our future RT. I would rather draft our QB with our other 2nd, and draft an OG in the 3rd or 4th. JMO though.

Actually you're right about Boone. I disagree though on Foster and Clabo. I think they'll be quality backups, but I want to see a completely revamped o line. It won't happen, but I'd like to see a starting guard and two tackles brought in either through FA or the draft.

Farmer (1/22/2008)
scott24falcs (1/22/2008)
Farmer (1/22/2008)

Rd1. Ellis DT

RD2b. Alex Boone OT

RD3a. QB

RD3b. RB

Actually you're right about Boone. I disagree though on Foster and Clabo. I think they'll be quality backups, but I want to see a completely revamped o line. It won't happen, but I'd like to see a starting guard and two tackles brought in either through FA or the draft.

I would be OK with that. I just think Foster or Clabo could be our RT next year, and if all goes well, than we are set. If not, we can fill that void in the next years' draft. You can never go wrong with too many OL though.