WHY US?

bigpoon

do we as the fans realize that this the formula for success?the past 15-20 years coaching has been our down fall.let alone an owner who just want players for tax write-offs(rankn smith/r.s.jr.)and not a superbowl caliber team.FACT:every team that had or has made the big step had consistancy in their coaching staff.my fear is like when reaves a great coach,was fired because he let our star q.b. play his own game in a pre-season game.mike was younger and wasn't thinking(some can argue he still isn't thinking)and to a degree i can agree.but,coaching is the most valued position of any team,let alone a great team. let's take the patriot's for example:consistant h.c. who always find a n o.c./d.c. to fit his scheme not engrave their own.and that's how they become great coaches in any area of football.mora j.r. was probably a mistake,but we'll no never know the truth why we canned him.most teams make a agreement with the headcoach not the coordinators any,i saw no harm in releasing them before the h.c.it common sense people,after the music stop with the search, the draft,then it's back to reality,who's next?we can't continue to mock ourselves every year or two looking for answers outside of home that's like letting yourself falling love with a married women,knowing she's unfaithful to her own husband,what makes her true to you.sorry about the long read,but something that go unheard, needs to be heard.....................

bigpoon (1/21/2008)
do we as the fans realize that this the formula for success?the past 15-20 years coaching has been our down fall.let alone an owner who just want players for tax write-offs(rankn smith/r.s.jr.)and not a superbowl caliber team.FACT:every team that had or has made the big step had consistancy in their coaching staff.my fear is like when reaves a great coach,was fired because he let our star q.b. play his own game in a pre-season game.mike was younger and wasn't thinking(some can argue he still isn't thinking)and to a degree i can agree.but,coaching is the most valued position of any team,let alone a great team. let's take the patriot's for example:consistant h.c. who always find a n o.c./d.c. to fit his scheme not engrave their own.and that's how they become great coaches in any area of football.mora j.r. was probably a mistake,but we'll no never know the truth why we canned him.most teams make a agreement with the headcoach not the coordinators any,i saw no harm in releasing them before the h.c.it common sense people,after the music stop with the search, the draft,then it's back to reality,who's next?we can't continue to mock ourselves every year or two looking for answers outside of home that's like letting yourself falling love with a married women,knowing she's unfaithful to her own husband,what makes her true to you.sorry about the long read,but something that go unheard, needs to be heard.....................

How can fans realize "the formula for success" when pro teams dont?

bigpoon (1/22/2008)
nobody has no words when it's good conversation. i guess we all like living in pipe dreams that explodes............

YOU'RE ASKING A QUESTION THAT WE CAN'T ANSWER. YOU SAID YOURSELF THAT MANAGEMENT DOESN'T KNOW. DON'T YOU THINK IF WE KNEW WE'D TELL OUR TEAM? THE FORMULA THAT YOU TALK OF, SOME TEAMS HAVE IT, SOME DON'T. WE DON'T.