There are ways to find out if Spagnuolo would be interested or not.

birdweiserrr

So league rules say we can't contact Spagnuolo until after the playoffs and SB? Do the league rules prohibit us from contacting his agent? What about his family members? Neighbors?

So we can't offer him a contract. We could say something like (to his agent, family members, neighbors, etc), "I wonder if I was to offer him a 5 deal deal worth x amount if he'd be interested".

So I'm going to extremes just a little with the neighbor talk. My point is that there are ways around the league rules where you can find out if someone would be interested or not. If we're waiting for Spagnuolo, I have to believe that we already know he's interested.

birdweiserrr (1/21/2008)
So league rules say we can't contact Spagnuolo until after the playoffs and SB? Do the league rules prohibit us from contacting his agent? What about his family members? Neighbors?

So we can't offer him a contract. We could say something like (to his agent, family members, neighbors, etc), "I wonder if I was to offer him a 5 deal deal worth x amount if he'd be interested".

So I'm going to extremes just a little with the neighbor talk. My point is that there are ways around the league rules where you can find out if someone would be interested or not. If we're waiting for Spagnuolo, I have to believe that we already know he's interested.

LOL that was funny we should try it.:laugh: we could get caught and lose a draft pick for tampering though...:crying:

Talking years and dollars may be a little far fetched, but you could probably ask somebody to ask somebody if he's interested in leaving the Giants to be a HC. The next question is. What team does he want to coach? Falcons or Redskins? Until you talk to him directly and get a signed deal there are no guarantees.

I'd bet that's already going on at some level bird. I don't know if we could take another public relations hit if we waited two weeks for Spagnoulo and then got turned down by him....

This is kind of like what I used to do in high school concerning girls. I hated the idea of getting rejected. If I liked a certain girl I'd ask her girlfriends, "What would Donna say if I asked her out?"...send scouts you know...

Worked well for me. Maybe it could work for the Falcons....:)

gritblitzer (1/21/2008)
I'd bet that's already going on at some level bird. I don't know if we could take another public relations hit if we waited two weeks for Spagnoulo and then got turned down by him....

This is kind of like what I used to do in high school concerning girls. I hated the idea of getting rejected. If I liked a certain girl I'd ask her girlfriends, "What would Donna say if I asked her out?"...send scouts you know...

I too believe it has happened.

Again, here's the last sentence of my post.

If we're waiting for Spagnuolo, I have to believe that we already know he's interested.

gritblitzer (1/21/2008)

You better hurry Gritz.........

Somebody told me that Birdweiser was gonna ask him to the dance after band class.

Ken Radcliff (1/21/2008)
gritblitzer (1/21/2008)

You better hurry Gritz.........

Somebody told me that Birdweiser was gonna ask him to the dance after band class.

I don't get it......?? :discuss:

birdweiserrr (1/21/2008)
bigduke633 (1/21/2008)
I would think the first time we asked if we could talk to him it would come up wether he would be intersted or not.It would take atleast 2 calls.Hes interested but he cant interview now.How hard is that?

How hard is what?

How hard would it be to see if he has interest while asking for interview?

bigduke633 (1/21/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/21/2008)
bigduke633 (1/21/2008)
I would think the first time we asked if we could talk to him it would come up wether he would be intersted or not.It would take atleast 2 calls.Hes interested but he cant interview now.How hard is that?

How hard is what?

How hard would it be to see if he has interest while asking for interview?

We cannot interview him until after the SB. I don't believe we'd be waiting around unless we already know, or have strong suspicions, that he'd be interested in the job. I'm not suggesting we break any rules. I think we already know that he would be interested. There are ways around the rules without violating them.

birdweiserrr (1/21/2008)
Ken Radcliff (1/21/2008)

The understatement of the year.

Cute but pointless. Before attacking my intelligence you should probably spend a little time and learn how to use the MB.

Attacking your intelligence? You gotta admit.....I know how to pick my battles.

Ken Radcliff (1/21/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/21/2008)
Ken Radcliff (1/21/2008)

The understatement of the year.

Cute but pointless. Before attacking my intelligence you should probably spend a little time and learn how to use the MB.

Attacking your intelligence? You gotta admit.....I know how to pick my battles.

And now we return to our program.......

So are there any others that believe Dimitroff is aware that Spagnuolo would be interested in the Falcons HC'ing position?

And now we return to our program.......

So are there any others that believe Dimitroff is aware that Spagnuolo would be interested in the Falcons HC'ing position?

That's what a couple of us tried to say. If your intelligence hadn't of gotten into the way you might have noticed this.