At what point do you plead Guilty?

Goodoleboy58

Bonds, Clemens, etc.... If anyone has ever been in any kind of trouble you'll know that the court always offers some sort of plea deal... You are being accused of killing a person, they offer 5 years if you plead guilty or the possibility of 20- to life if you don't.... I've been in this situation with a DUI I had to plead guilty (which I was) but I could have taken it to court and I was warned of a sentencing that was 10x worse then just taking the plea... So if you are Bonds and Clemens which it's too late now, but at what point do you just say, Hey I did it... even if you did or didn't do it... Baseball is so different with it's integrity issue... If you knew you were innocent and they offered you immunity to plead guilty would you do it? Your records would be tainted but you wouldn't serve any jail time.... If you knew you were guilty would you stick it to the end just hoping?

Goodoleboy58 (1/21/2008)
Bonds, Clemens, etc.... If anyone has ever been in any kind of trouble you'll know that the court always offers some sort of plea deal... You are being accused of killing a person, they offer 5 years if you plead guilty or the possibility of 20- to life if you don't.... I've been in this situation with a DUI I had to plead guilty (which I was) but I could have taken it to court and I was warned of a sentencing that was 10x worse then just taking the plea... So if you are Bonds and Clemens which it's too late now, but at what point do you just say, Hey I did it... even if you did or didn't do it... Baseball is so different with it's integrity issue... If you knew you were innocent and they offered you immunity to plead guilty would you do it? Your records would be tainted but you wouldn't serve any jail time.... If you knew you were guilty would you stick it to the end just hoping?

If I were in their shoes I would tough it out the whole way. This whole performance enhancing drug issue doesn't make much sense to me. People are all the time coming up with ways to cut corners (if you will) to make their job and life easier or better. It should be up to the commissioner of baseball to police the league. Many people get rich on things that may or may not be legal, but if they get away with it props.

ty down (1/21/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (1/21/2008)

If I were in their shoes I would tough it out the whole way. This whole performance enhancing drug issue doesn't make much sense to me. People are all the time coming up with ways to cut corners (if you will) to make their job and life easier or better. It should be up to the commissioner of baseball to police the league. Many people get rich on things that may or may not be legal, but if they get away with it props.

not props when Congress starts poking around though... what do you do then when you a member of Congress asks you and you face Perjury if you lie...

Goodoleboy58 (1/21/2008)
ty down (1/21/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (1/21/2008)

not props when Congress starts poking around though... what do you do then when you a member of Congress asks you and you face Perjury if you lie...

Ask for the evidence!

Has steroids always been illegal or was it not until people found out how harmful they could be?

ty down (1/21/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (1/21/2008)
ty down (1/21/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (1/21/2008)

Ask for the evidence!

Has steroids always been illegal or was it not until people found out how harmful they could be?

Steroids were illegal in the states long before MLB had to issue their own ban on them.. that shouldn't be an issue... you know if you did wrong blah blah... there is no technicality that can get you off on that issue

I really don't know about the legality of steroids, right now I'm too tired to research it. The technicality is, prove I did something wrong ( if I were Bonds or Clemens). You can't prosecute me without proof. I personally don't like the fact that they may have used steroids, but I can't

bash them if I have no proof. Once they have admitted they did, there's no going back and no hall of fame.

I would never plead guilty if I were Bonds and Clemens. Marion Jones pleaded guilty and lost everything, even her freedom. She was seperated from her two young children. Bonds and Clemens may ultimately pay the piper, but their families are innocent. Let them have their husbands/fathers and lifestyle.

kicker23 (1/21/2008)
I would never plead guilty if I were Bonds and Clemens. Marion Jones pleaded guilty and lost everything, even her freedom. She was seperated from her two young children. Bonds and Clemens may ultimately pay the piper, but their families are innocent. Let them have their husbands/fathers and lifestyle.

Clemens, I'm not sure now, but has had the opportunity for Immunity... my question was more for the case of you are "innocent" you get granted "immunity" would you plead guilty just to get it over with.. without punishment... it'd be a hard decision either way... couldn't fault the fella