Question on Fantasy Basketball...

How do they even score them? I thought I was signing up for a head to head but now I am stuck in a point league... I dont even know how it is scored... im like 4th or so with 60 points i think... but how do I know what to add or drop to improve... there isnt any kind of breakdown offered on the yahoo that I can find

I'm assuming this is a rotisserie league, right? The way the scoring works is each team gets points based on their league ranking in several categories... For example, whoever's team has the most rebounds gets 12 points for that category, 2nd place gets 11, etc...

There should be a breakdown provided by yahoo somewhere; I've played in those leagues in the past and could see the standings and see how I was doing in each category but I don't remember exactly how to find it...

What WTA said is right...

I'll give an example...

Here is my current team:

Baron Davis, PG, Golden State

Peja Stojakovic, SG/SF, New Orleans

Anthony Carter, PG, Denver

Corey Maggette, SG/SF, Los Angeles Clippers

Lamar Odom, SF/PF, Los Angeles Lakers

Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland

Amare Stoudamire, C, Phoenix

Chris Kaman, C, Los Angeles Clippers

Chris Bosh, C, Toronto

Mike Miller, SG/SF, Memphis

Brendan Haywood, C, Washington

Kevin Martin, SG, Sacramento

Al Harrington, PF/C, Golden State

In my league, points and rebounds are 1-for-1, meaning whatever points and rebound output your player has is what he gets for league scoring. Assists are 1.5 points of league scoring per assist, and blocks and steals are both 2 points.

I have a lot of front court presence on my team (centers and forwards), and as a result I lead my 10-team league in points, rebounds, and blocks. I have a huge lead in rebounds and blocks and a small lead in points. Those categories are dominated by front court players. I also have a lot of shooting guards which further reinforces my position in points. I only have 2 point guards, one is a superstar, and the other is a bench player. As a result of that, I'm lacking (severely) in steals and assists. I'm 7th in assists and 5th in steals. Right now, I'm trying trade for some more PG help, but I have to balance that against my current production.

If I trade away too much of my rebounding, blocking, or scoring, then I'll be worse off than I was before I made the trade.

I'm 2nd in my league overall, and 47.5 points out of 1st.