Kicker position

Greenwood

Morten is the man... if he could kick forever thatd be fine by me... there isnt a more clutch or steady kicker i've ever seen... i wish he could kick the 47+ yarders consistently... actually i wish our combo of Koenan and Anderson would work... if our punter could kick those long kicks it would be perfect because Mort would be welcome forever if it was up to me

Morten is the man... if he could kick forever thatd be fine by me... there isnt a more clutch or steady kicker i've ever seen... i wish he could kick the 47+ yarders consistently... actually i wish our combo of Koenan and Anderson would work... if our punter could kick those long kicks it would be perfect because Mort would be welcome forever if it was up to me

josiah (1/21/2008)
Sign me up for Coutu as well. I love Morten, but considering that our offense rarely even sniffs the red zone, we seriously need a long-range kicker.

thats my biggest problem... if we had a team like Cincy who can manage to get to the redzone and cant finish the drive Mort is perfect.. a good drive for us results in a 50 yard field goal attempt

brooklynfalc (1/21/2008)
New coach gets Koenen out practicing 48 yard-plus field goals from day one of practice.

Mort is still money from 47 yards and in.

Mold him into "Koenen the (Long Field Goal) Barbarian"

I love Mort just as much as the next guy but he's getting old and his range is shrinking.

Koenen is 30 years old. If he could consistently make FGs he would've been doing so already.

Sans Vinatieri, good kickers don't reach the FA market.

I say draft the kid from Georgia.

We can't keep pulling the mort out of the Cryogenics Chamber and using him..but do we need to burn a draft pick on a K..last night proved that they are important..but couldn't we pick up a kicker off of FA and hope he develops.

I think we should use as much of our draft picks on OL, DL, and RBs and Def. and pray we don't get in a position were we need a long distance kick to win.

ATLRunner262 (1/21/2008)
We can't keep pulling the mort out of the Cryogenics Chamber and using him..but do we need to burn a draft pick on a K..last night proved that they are important..but couldn't we pick up a kicker off of FA and hope he develops.

I think we should use as much of our draft picks on OL, DL, and RBs and Def. and pray we don't get in a position were we need a long distance kick to win.

why do you think we keep getting mort out of retirement? because we do not act smart and get a kicker in the draft. look at mason crosby from GB or nick folk from dallas. draft a kicker, and you have that spot locked up for easy 10yrs.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
ATLRunner262 (1/21/2008)

why do you think we keep getting mort out of retirement? because we do not act smart and get a kicker in the draft. look at mason crosby from GB or nick folk from dallas. draft a kicker, and you have that spot locked up for easy 10yrs.

yea it was really stupid keeping prater instead of cundiff at the beginning of the year. i could have strangled him w/ all those misses. if he didnt miss in those so much in those first two games we could have won.its funny at the beginning of the year kicker was one of our biggest worries.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
ATLRunner262 (1/21/2008)

"We can't keep pulling the mort out of the Cryogenics Chamber" is what I said.. I am just looking at were we are bleeding the most...the OL and DL is where we are bleeding the most. It is freaking sad..and it effects every aspect of our game.

I don't want to keep using mort but we could pick up a kicker off of FA, and try to rebuild the most inadequate parts of the team IMHO...

ATLRunner262 (1/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
ATLRunner262 (1/21/2008)

"We can't keep pulling the mort out of the Cryogenics Chamber" is what I said.. I am just looking at were we are bleeding the most...the OL and DL is where we are bleeding the most. It is freaking sad..and it effects every aspect of our game.

I don't want to keep using mort but we could pick up a kicker off of FA, and try to rebuild the most inadequate parts of the team IMHO...

dude im trying to tell you the reason is because we keep trying the FA, and not the draft. 2nd what round do you think kickers go? 1st?? kickers go in the 5-7th round. and thats is a MUST!!!!! we need a kicker.