Rottie's New Look Falcons Makeover

rottie

==================================

New GM: Thomas Dimitroff - In addition to hiring a new HC, TD will be evaluating the entire scouting department and eventually, making some changes. I see us expanding the college scouting department. Pro personnel...well, let's just say that will be the area of greatest turnover.

New Head Coach: Sometimes, patience is the best approach. I think that we will be interviewing a great number of people until we find Mr. Right for the team. The chemistry has to be there and I would suggest to prospective candidates to read "Management Secrets of the NEw England Patriots" before interviewing. I'm not listing a favorite, although I like Spags...

New OC, DC, and Assistants: This will be the HC's decision. Look for this group to be good teachers capable of "coaching up" young players.

Free Agency Youth Movment: Say goodbye to many of the deadwood players on this roster that are eating up HUGE amounts of cap space: Wayne Gandy, Kynan Forney, Byron Leftwich, etc. We will be adding new free agents, but don't look for us to spend extravagantly for overpriced players like we have in the past. This GM will sign up-and-coming YOUNG talent, veteran cast-offs, and cap victims. If we sign any big-name players, it will be offensive linemen because they represent most bang for the buck. We will also keep our own known players: Clabo, Davis, Redman, Boley, Williams, and maybe Crocker.

High Priced Veteran Players: Brooking and Dunn will be approached about contract restructuring. Blank values both players. Cutting Brooking would catastrophic in that he is a local product and is still VERY productive. Dunn is a more difficult prospect. He would have to be convinced to accept fewer carries, lower salary, and newly defined role on the team. Hopefully, pride won't get in his way, or he may find himself on the waiver wire.

Draft: More is better. Look for us to trade down in this draft. The real value in this draft is not in the first round. The real value in this draft is in rounds 2, 3, & 6. You have a few really talented first round guys (picks 1-8) then a bunch of 2nd round quality players that will be drafted too high and paid too much.

Marketing: Mr. Blank needs to realize that this is the south. Most families cannot afford season tickets and single game tickets at the current price points. Another thing to consider is that your current season ticket holders don't come to games. You've got to figure out a solution to get Falcons fans in the seats, not a-holes who buy season tickets as a status symbol, a way of scalping to opposing fans, etc. It makes me sick to my stomach when I'm sitting in the nose-bleed seats looking down at the MOSTLY EMPTY club seats. Also, what were the GA Dome people thinking when they designed the decor. Green? Get real...RED & BLACK needs to be the dome color scheme. Black shells and red seats. BTW, the seats need to be wider and higher. I feel cramped when seated although I do stand alot during the game. I have a HUGE list of ideas. Call me...

rottie (1/21/2008)

==================================

New GM: Thomas Dimitroff - In addition to hiring a new HC, TD will be evaluating the entire scouting department and eventually, making some changes. I see us expanding the college scouting department. Pro personnel...well, let's just say that will be the area of greatest turnover.

New Head Coach: Sometimes, patience is the best approach. I think that we will be interviewing a great number of people until we find Mr. Right for the team. The chemistry has to be there and I would suggest to prospective candidates to read "Management Secrets of the NEw England Patriots" before interviewing. I'm not listing a favorite, although I like Spags...

New OC, DC, and Assistants: This will be the HC's decision. Look for this group to be good teachers capable of "coaching up" young players.

Free Agency Youth Movment: Say goodbye to many of the deadwood players on this roster that are eating up HUGE amounts of cap space: Wayne Gandy, Kynan Forney, Byron Leftwich, etc. We will be adding new free agents, but don't look for us to spend extravagantly for overpriced players like we have in the past. This GM will sign up-and-coming YOUNG talent, veteran cast-offs, and cap victims. If we sign any big-name players, it will be offensive linemen because they represent most bang for the buck. We will also keep our own known players: Clabo, Davis, Redman, Boley, Williams, and maybe Crocker.

High Priced Veteran Players: Brooking and Dunn will be approached about contract restructuring. Blank values both players. Cutting Brooking would catastrophic in that he is a local product and is still VERY productive. Dunn is a more difficult prospect. He would have to be convinced to accept fewer carries, lower salary, and newly defined role on the team. Hopefully, pride won't get in his way, or he may find himself on the waiver wire.

Draft: More is better. Look for us to trade down in this draft. The real value in this draft is not in the first round. The real value in this draft is in rounds 2, 3, & 6. You have a few really talented first round guys (picks 1-8) then a bunch of 2nd round quality players that will be drafted too high and paid too much.

Marketing: Mr. Blank needs to realize that this is the south. Most families cannot afford season tickets and single game tickets at the current price points. Another thing to consider is that your current season ticket holders don't come to games. You've got to figure out a solution to get Falcons fans in the seats, not a-holes who buy season tickets as a status symbol, a way of scalping to opposing fans, etc. It makes me sick to my stomach when I'm sitting in the nose-bleed seats looking down at the MOSTLY EMPTY club seats. Also, what were the GA Dome people thinking when they designed the decor. Green? Get real...RED & BLACK needs to be the dome color scheme. Black shells and red seats. BTW, the seats need to be wider and higher. I feel cramped when seated although I do stand alot during the game. I have a HUGE list of ideas. Call me...

Keith Brooking needs to go, period. Dunn too. They are both stealing money. Good/great franchises make these tough decisions every year.

"New Head Coach: Sometimes, patience is the best approach. I think that we will be interviewing a great number of people until we find Mr. Right for the team. The chemistry has to be there and I would suggest to prospective candidates to read "Management Secrets of the NEw England Patriots" before interviewing. I'm not listing a favorite, although I like Spags..."

Or, We could just hire Schwartz. Since he's quoted in the book, and was part of Bill Belichick's regime in Cleveland. Not to mention Bill personally named Schwartz his protege.

We need to rip the top off of the dome and put a sliding top like dallas and arizona, then paint the outside of the dome colors red and and black. Football is supposed to be played outside. ****, theres new england, seattle, giants, packers, etc that play outdoors and we live in the South and its barely even cold here.