Brian Brohm has lower leg injury, apparently

As per NFL Draft Scout:

01/21/08 - Ainge, Bennett in; Groves, Brohm out - Tennessee quarterback Erik Ainge and Auburn tight end Cole Bennett have been added to the South roster, while Missouri tight end Martin Rucker moved from the South team to the North team. Ainge and Bennett were added to the game when injury and illness forced Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm and Notre Dame tight end John Carlson to drop out. Senior Bowl president and CEO Steve Hale said he was happy to be able to add Ainge and Bennett to the game, but was disappointed for Brohm and Carlson. "Brian has been battling a lower leg injury since the Rutgers game and it hasn't (healed) as well as expected," Hale said. "I know it's disappointing for Brian because he trained very hard to be here." Carlson fell victim to food poisoning recently, losing 17 pounds in eight days, according to Hale. To fill the vacancy created by Carlson's loss, Rucker was moved to the North team, and Bennett was named to the South team. - Tommy Hicks, Everything Alabama

It would be nice if he falls to our 2nd round pick now. I think it's very possible that either Brohm or Woodson do.

scott24falcs (1/21/2008)
I could definetly see one of the two dropping. If I had to guess it would be Woodson, but I would LOVE for Brohm to fall to our first 2nd rounder.

How about this:

1. Dorsey/Ellis

2. Brohm

2. Chris Williams/ Best OT available

That would be crazy.

the way Brohm gets hurt he could fall. i would love to get him in the 2nd.

scott24falcs (1/21/2008)
USCfalcons23 (1/21/2008)
loL@ everyone writing off Dixon with an injury but Brohm is still a top 5 pick?

'cism

Dude, every post I read by you has something to do with Dixon.

seriously.....

Anyway, I doubt that Brohm drops to the second round, but if he does I would jump all over him. If KC doesnt draft a QB in the first ,for example, they might trade up a couple picks ahead of us and nab him. JMO, though

USCfalcons23 (1/21/2008)
loL@ everyone writing off Dixon with an injury but Brohm is still a top 5 pick?

'cism

no....Dixon isnt as good for one, and his injury is much more serious. I am sure it wont make people more confident that he worsened the injury by playing on it hurt, then having it injured even more severly.

I dont think anyone is calling Brohm a top 5 pick anyways, but I will bet you anything he goes well before Dixon.

grendel (1/21/2008)

Did I miss the part where Brohm has a torn tendon in a knee that was injured not once but TWICE, and he's going to need 9-12 months of rehab to be back near 100%? Let me know if I missed that and I'll change my draft board...

I must have missed where he injured his knee twice, he tore his ACL in the AZ St game & tried to play on it in the AZ game. Still equals 1 injury, the same injury in fact that Brian Brohm already has had x2 on fact, because Brohm actually dislocated his knee cap as well as tearing his ACL.

So this would be the second injury for Brian Brohm, oh wait he had a hand injury last year as well so that would make it an even 3?

scott24falcs (1/21/2008)

I keep hoping one day, I could come up with a rad screen name like your scott & then hopefully I can post a pic of my pickup truck as my avi. After that I can only hope to have 1/4 of the posting career you have had.. I mean seriously I always think man where am I going to get my football info from & then I think duh Scott with the dope truck..

A man can dream can't he?, especially today..

USCfalcons23 (1/21/2008)
scott24falcs (1/21/2008)

I keep hoping one day, I could come up with a rad screen name like your scott & then hopefully I can post a pic of my pickup truck as my avi. After that I can only hope to have 1/4 of the posting career you have had.. I mean seriously I always think man where am I going to get my football info from & then I think duh Scott with the dope truck..

A man can dream can't he?, especially today..

Nice try. Now go get out the lotion and find the best Dixon clip on YouTube. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Dixon doesn't care about you. In fact, he doesn't even know you exist.

1989fan (1/21/2008)

no....Dixon isnt as good for one, and his injury is much more serious. I am sure it wont make people more confident that he worsened the injury by playing on it hurt, then having it injured even more severly.

I dont think anyone is calling Brohm a top 5 pick anyways, but I will bet you anything he goes well before Dixon.

no one has said he wont go before Dixon.

but please lets not play make believe right now. There was multiple article saying he didnt hurt the knee any further by playing on it. Just because you don't like the guy please don't just make up stuff.

and last time I checked a torn acl & dislocated knee cap is actually worse then just a torn acl.

scott24falcs (1/21/2008)

Nice try. Now go get out the lotion and find the best Dixon clip on YouTube. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Dixon doesn't care about you. In fact, he doesn't even know you exist.

dont get mad sunshine, its only football.. We have a difference of opinions, I could care less if Dixon knows who I am, I just want our GM to know who he is..

grendel (1/21/2008)

AZ State = first injury, tore his ACL

AZ = second injury, further aggravating and damaging the knee by hyperextending it

You're reaching something fierce to make a valid comparison, but failing

How about: Dennis Dixon put up good numbers ONE YEAR, whereas Brohm (who for all of his injuries according to you has missed like 3 games in his career) put up great numbers every year for 4 years.

stop it, we heard nothing about him furthering his injury after playing on it, I actually heard them say on multiple occasions the doctor said he couldnt further the injury. Nice try though.

not reaching or even making comparisons really, this is Dixons first injury ever, Brian Brohm has went thru this exact injury but much worse which included a dislocated kneecap, plus he has had a lingering hand thing last year & now this injury. Facts, not speculation or opinions.

and I agree Dixon really broke out this year while he struggled in the past 3 years. He also had 4 different Offensive Coordinators which isnt easy & neither of the other QBs had to go thru that. Lets be real though Dixons year this year & what he did for that team was far superior to what Brohm did in any of his years.

To play the analogy game for the sake of humor

Dennis Dixon put up huge #s, took his team from a joke to the best team in the country & had the Heisman wrapped up against real competition whereas Brohm put up huge #'s, didnt take his team anywhere & wasnt even spoken about in the Heisman talk against no competition.

grendel (1/21/2008)
USCfalcons23 (1/21/2008)
grendel (1/21/2008)

Did I miss the part where Brohm has a torn tendon in a knee that was injured not once but TWICE, and he's going to need 9-12 months of rehab to be back near 100%? Let me know if I missed that and I'll change my draft board...

I must have missed where he injured his knee twice, he tore his ACL in the AZ St game & tried to play on it in the AZ game. Still equals 1 injury, the same injury in fact that Brian Brohm already has had x2 on fact, because Brohm actually dislocated his knee cap as well as tearing his ACL.

So this would be the second injury for Brian Brohm, oh wait he had a hand injury last year as well so that would make it an even 3?

AZ = second injury, further aggravating and damaging the knee by hyperextending it

How about: Dennis Dixon put up good numbers ONE YEAR, whereas Brohm (who for all of his injuries according to you has missed like 3 games in his career) put up great numbers every year for 4 years.

Say what you want about Dixon, but it doesn't change the fact that Brohm has a significant injury history which doesn't bode well for projecting a guy to stay healthy over the course of a 16 game season. In fact, his senior season was the only time he played every game, only to suffer a leg injury that hasn't fully healed 8 weeks later?

Dixon has a significant injury. Who knows when and how he'll recover. It was a damaging blow to his Heisman campaign and draft status.

Meanwhile, Brohm has a history of injuries and who knows how significant this most recent one is? The injury occured over 8 weeks ago and he still isn't 100%? Was he able to stay in shape? He's a heckuva QB, but has serious durability issues.

This should raise a number of questions about Brohm.

grendel (1/22/2008)
aveboogie2 (1/22/2008)
grendel (1/21/2008)
USCfalcons23 (1/21/2008)
grendel (1/21/2008)

Say what you want about Dixon, but it doesn't change the fact that Brohm has a significant injury history which doesn't bode well for projecting a guy to stay healthy over the course of a 16 game season. In fact, his senior season was the only time he played every game, only to suffer a leg injury that hasn't fully healed 8 weeks later?

Dixon has a significant injury. Who knows when and how he'll recover. It was a damaging blow to his Heisman campaign and draft status.

Meanwhile, Brohm has a history of injuries and who knows how significant this most recent one is? The injury occured over 8 weeks ago and he still isn't 100%? Was he able to stay in shape? He's a heckuva QB, but has serious durability issues.

This should raise a number of questions about Brohm.

Oh, give me a break. Ryan, Brohm, Dorsey, etc. all have injuries and can't make it, huh? These are excuses because they don't think they have anything to prove. Brohm would have been there if Ryan was there, so he could pass him with a good performance. Once Ryan pulled out, Brohm's impetus for showing up went down mightily.

Don't read too much into these "injuries".

Ryan pulled out and clearly stated it was not due to injury.

Meanwhile, of all the excuses possible, Brohm cites an ankle injury suffered over 8 weeks ago as the reason he's not participating and we're not supposed to read anything into it? Unbelieveable!!

I know you like the guy, and I think he's a darn good QB as well, but again, this is a guy, who's seemingly dealing with a significant injury annually, choosing to disclose that he's still not 100%, 8 weeks later after the injury occured and we're really supposed to disregard it? Really???