Who is our QB in 2008

We are not that far off from what the Giants are today the only glaring weaknesses is our QB position, a defensive end and a go to reciever, other than that, I dont see why we could not at least make the playoffs if we got at least a decent quaterback to conyrol the offense. The Giants do not have a dominant running game or defense unless youre talking about those defensive ends. Other than those galring flaresI think we could at least do better than we did this past season.

Who's avaiable for these positions???

dem a-town falcons (1/21/2008)
We are not that far off from what the Giants are today the only glaring weaknesses is our QB position, a defensive end and a go to reciever, other than that, I dont see why we could not at least make the playoffs if we got at least a decent quaterback to conyrol the offense. The Giants do not have a dominant running game or defense unless youre talking about those defensive ends. Other than those galring flaresI think we could at least do better than we did this past season.

our defensive end is abe. our go to guy is roddy w/help from laurent. hopefully we resign redman.

we need a DT, we still need real safeties, we need a MLB( but i think tony taylor can handle that) offense we need an LT AND RG atleast. and a QB we have DJ Shockley or Chris Redman.

didnt we cut Shockley after he got hurt? If not he has to be in the talks as a potential starting QB! right?

Nope we aint cut him he is still on the roster. dude has potential. has the best arm of every 1 on this team, and probably the best mobility.

and people seem to keep forgetting that Redman isnt even on this team anymore. he signed a 1yr contract.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
didnt we cut Shockley after he got hurt? If not he has to be in the talks as a potential starting QB! right?

Nope we aint cut him he is still on the roster. dude has potential. has the best arm of every 1 on this team, and probably the best mobility.

and people seem to keep forgetting that Redman isnt even on this team anymore. he signed a 1yr contract.

redman isnt here but he isnt gone yet. he isnt officially a free agent until the beginning of march. so in a way he is floating in outer space until he gets resigned.

Bloodhoundz Reborn (1/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

If we want Redman back we will sign him back. This is the only team he has any chance of starting on.

you keep forget my man Shockley. he will prove yall disbelievers that He is ready to lead this team. besides Redman is a Petrino sympathizer.

DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE. Preseason 08 the future will come to lead.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

you keep forget my man Shockley. he will prove yall disbelievers that He is ready to lead this team. besides Redman is a Petrino sympathizer.

Do you really believe that Redman is a Petrino sympathizer when P. left him sitting on the bench, brought in Harrington and then brought in Leftwich and then did not let him in a game until all hope was lost and then after bringing him in P. cuts and runs??

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

If Shockley is on the team he most likely will be a 3rd stringer and holding a clipboard. I don't get the hype on Shockley. He is a 3rd stringer and has never played in a regular season game.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

If Shockley is on the team he most likely will be a 3rd stringer and holding a clipboard. I don't get the hype on Shockley. He is a 3rd stringer and has never played in a regular season game.

ight ill respect that. every1 has a right to doubt the greatness of Shockley, but he is going to be the starter and lead us to a SB.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

ight ill respect that. every1 has a right to doubt the greatness of Shockley, but he is going to be the starter and lead us to a SB.

Shockley is going to be shock when they cut him.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

Well for the sake of this Franchise I hope you're right. Now I'm not one of these people saying he has no chance, because since he's on the roster he has a chance and the QB's in front of him are not anything special so he has a chance. I just think his chances are slim to none.

I'd be happy to eat crow on that.:D

I would like to see Shockley get a REAL shot at QB but I too still have a ? by his name

At UGA he could not push David Green out of the starting job and DG is having a very hard time hanging on in the NFL.

During his senior year as starter I did see some excellent play by Shock but there was also some disturbing play as well. One thing was - he did not seem to do well on first and second downs. Could have been the play calling. BUT he did seem to be able to make the needed play on third, even third and long (over 15). Sometimes it came across as "wow he bailed himself out again" and that happened far too often to be confident of his consistency.

I would like to see Shockley get a REAL shot at QB but I too still have a ? by his name

At UGA he could not push David Green out of the starting job and DG is having a very hard time hanging on in the NFL.

During his senior year as starter I did see some excellent play by Shock but there was also some disturbing play as well. One thing was - he did not seem to do well on first and second downs. Could have been the play calling. BUT he did seem to be able to make the needed play on third, even third and long (over 15). Sometimes it came across as "wow he bailed himself out again" and that happened far too often to be confident of his consistency.

GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)

Well for the sake of this Franchise I hope you're right. Now I'm not one of these people saying he has no chance, because since he's on the roster he has a chance and the QB's in front of him are not anything special so he has a chance. I just think his chances are slim to none.

I'd be happy to eat crow on that.:D

ill be happy to eat crow if Redman leads us to a SB also. i think redman and Shockley are the only Qbs on this team worth keeping around. byron is so injury prone that if he gets sack he is out for atleast the game. Harringto cant throw it past 10yrds when the wind is going his way.