Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farbinkle

OFFICIAL predict Super Bowl score

20 posts in this topic

NE- 31

NYG-21

I don't care how hot the Giants are right now, if you give Bellicheck and Brady two weeks to prepare, they won't lose.

pencilpusher (1/22/2008)
Giants 35-27.The will come in playing looser and they are going to get to Mr Brady.

Yeah that's the big thing right there.

Brady looked very human against a Charger defence that actually decided to pressure him (imagine if teams did that all year, most certainly the Pats would've lost a few games -- and they wouldn't break all those records because they wouldn't be running up the score against the Cowboys, Skins, and Bills).

Giants have a great pass rush, but if they blitz to get additional pressure then they put their corners on an island against some real good receivers. I say it's a risk worth taking. Patriots decimate soft defences because that leaves so much of the underneath stuff open (look at the Jags and what happened to them).

Brady's a little hobbled. Granted, he'll play for sure. But if the Giants manage to get to him enough (and possible aggravate his injury) then that would be huge. Tom Brady is a modern day Broadway Joe, except he's a much better player. So in the first half I won't be surprised if I see a roughing the passer call against the Giants.

dirtybird3245 (1/22/2008)
pencilpusher (1/22/2008)
Giants 35-27.The will come in playing looser and they are going to get to Mr Brady.

Yeah that's the big thing right there.

Brady looked very human against a Charger defence that actually decided to pressure him (imagine if teams did that all year, most certainly the Pats would've lost a few games -- and they wouldn't break all those records because they wouldn't be running up the score against the Cowboys, Skins, and Bills).

Giants have a great pass rush, but if they blitz to get additional pressure then they put their corners on an island against some real good receivers. I say it's a risk worth taking. Patriots decimate soft defences because that leaves so much of the underneath stuff open (look at the Jags and what happened to them).

Brady's a little hobbled. Granted, he'll play for sure. But if the Giants manage to get to him enough (and possible aggravate his injury) then that would be huge. Tom Brady is a modern day Broadway Joe, except he's a much better player. So in the first half I won't be surprised if I see a roughing the passer call against the Giants.

Great post. And in the right circumstance, if you have them deep in their territory, a roughing the passer penalty would be worth ever yard if it got you into Brady's head. They are cocky, but if you play them aggressive you can shake them, especially Brady. And as great as Moss has been this year, if you can get him frustrated on the big stage, you can make him beat himself.

I don't think there is a " blueprint" to beat them, but I know playing careful and trying to play the perfect game isn't the way.Too many teams have tried that. Go out to smack them in the mouth is the way you will probably have to do it.

Right now the Giants have all the confidence they need. Strahan is playing like a kid and they are playing as a team.I say play like the pats. If it is 4th down, go for it if it's in the right spot of the field. I do not trust that kicker and you are not beating the Pats with field goals.

Mark it down right now, there's NO way the Giants win this game. I'll be back for a helping of crow if proven otherwise. :D

scott24falcs (1/21/2008)
NE- 31

NYG-21

I don't care how hot the Giants are right now, if you give Bellicheck and Brady two weeks to prepare, they won't lose.

Agreed;)

Prediction:

The refs will allow The Giants to pound The Patriots WRs and Brady for the first 3 quarters, or the ratings will drop drastically.

Basically, a re-play of the game vs. The Ravens.

Physical, sloppy, The Patriots surprisingly "roughed-up", and desperate, but Moss catches a red-zone TD with 2.54 minutes left. Several fights.

Belichick retires. Rumors of replacements (Weiss from Notre Dame?) on the aftershows..

Patriots 29

Giants 27

scott24falcs (1/22/2008)
Mark it down right now, there's NO way the Giants win this game. I'll be back for a helping of crow if proven otherwise. :D

Well, I'm back for a delicious serving of crow. I didn't think there was any way that the Patriots would get shut down like that, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Anyone want me picking their lottery numbers? :laugh:

greyhawk (1/30/2008)
Pats 35 Giants 14

Brady to Moss for three TD's

This is why I no longer bet on pro football.