Pasquerelli on 790 this morning

g-dawg

Pasquerelli said the following:

from what his sources are telling him: Steve Spagnuolo is not only the "leading candidate" but he is "the guy" that the Falcons want.

he also said: while league rules state that teams cannot interview HC candidates for the first time during superbowl week, it is not clear if the Falcons could interview Spags since the Falcons asked to speak to him earlier and were denied.

he also said: if Spags is "the guy" the Falcons should just wait to interview him.

this was on morning show. following: Woverton/Adams said that the Falcons probably could get a really good idea from Spags' agent if Spags wants the job - to make it worth waiting - obviously nobody wants to wait two weeks and then have Spags say "no thanks".

I'm stoked that Spags APPARENTLY is the guy - stay tuned!

g-dawg (1/21/2008)

from what his sources are telling him: Steve Spagnuolo is not only the "leading candidate" but he is "the guy" that the Falcons want.

he also said: while league rules state that teams cannot interview HC candidates for the first time during superbowl week, it is not clear if the Falcons could interview Spags since the Falcons asked to speak to him earlier and were denied.

he also said: if Spags is "the guy" the Falcons should just wait to interview him.

this was on morning show. following: Woverton/Adams said that the Falcons probably could get a really good idea from Spags' agent if Spags wants the job - to make it worth waiting - obviously nobody wants to wait two weeks and then have Spags say "no thanks".

Let's just hope Spags is not the guy in Washington.

he hate me (1/21/2008)
g-dawg (1/21/2008)

I know......this worries me. Like Atlanta, it seems like the Redskins coaching search has come to a screeching halt.

Like the Falcons with Rex Ryan, if the Redskins were going to offer up to Greg Williams, they would have done it by now.

Who is Daniel Snyder holding out for? If its Spags, then Falcons will probably come up short. Hopefully, Snyder is shooting the moon for somebody like Bill Cowher.

I'm convinced that Falcons want Spags - i went to Washington Post and can find nothing on who the next target is for the Skins. On the plus side, I have seen nothing linking Spags to the skins but I won't feel good about it until Washington signs someone.

he hate me (1/21/2008)
g-dawg (1/21/2008)

Actions speak louder than words. If I wasn't 100% convinced about Spags, I was after last night. He deserved a game ball.

Oh by the way he outcoached Garrett the week before.

g-dawg (1/21/2008)
he hate me (1/21/2008)
g-dawg (1/21/2008)

I know......this worries me. Like Atlanta, it seems like the Redskins coaching search has come to a screeching halt.

Like the Falcons with Rex Ryan, if the Redskins were going to offer up to Greg Williams, they would have done it by now.

Who is Daniel Snyder holding out for? If its Spags, then Falcons will probably come up short. Hopefully, Snyder is shooting the moon for somebody like Bill Cowher.

I'm convinced that Falcons want Spags - i went to Washington Post and can find nothing on who the next target is for the Skins. On the plus side, I have seen nothing linking Spags to the skins but I won't feel good about it until Washington signs someone.

Sorry to break the bad news to you...

"When the Giants' season ends, Spagnuolo will be free to travel to Atlanta to speak with the Falcons. Reports also have surfaced that the Redskins have targeted Spagnuolo to replace Joe Gibbs as the head coach in Washington."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01212008/sport...snap_254567.htm

falconfootball (1/21/2008)
Why do I have the uneasy feeling that the "sources" are the TATF msg. board??? :unsure:

Because Lenny Pasquarelli reported it - not me......I am not the only one that heard this and I am sure you could go to 790's website later today and find Pasquerelli's comments.

Lenny is the BEST in the business. Unlike Mort, Lenny is usually dead on. Lenny comes up with amazing stuff and he accurately reported that the Redskins were going to draft Jason Campbell in 1st round - the Redskins denied it before the draft and trashed Lenny - then Redskins did exactly what Lenny said they would do.

Lenny used to cover the Atlanta Falcons for several years. Apparently he has multiple sources in Falcons administration - he is always "all over" Falcon news.

It would be nice for all parties to have a resolution to this situation. It's not only holding up things for the Falcons and possibly the Redskins, but also for the Ravens, who may want to retain Rex Ryan on their staff, and the Vikings, with Leslie Frazier. It is also something that is hanging over the Giants as they prepare for the Super Bowl.

"When the Giants' season ends, Spagnuolo will be free to travel to Atlanta to speak with the Falcons. Reports also have surfaced that the Redskins have targeted Spagnuolo to replace Joe Gibbs as the head coach in Washington."

Dammit! well this pretty much sucks! If Skin's don't have a coach by next weekend, as much as I like Spags, I will get cold feet on him and want to go in another direction if we have to compete with Redskins - i mean, c'mon guys - as much as we love the Falcons you have to admit the Redskins job is a better job - higher profile, more history, better stadium, better overall talent level, etc.

I'm not a defeatist at all but if Spagnuolo has offer between Falcons/Redskins - Falcons will lose yet again - doh!:sick:

g-dawg (1/21/2008)
falconfootball (1/21/2008)
Why do I have the uneasy feeling that the "sources" are the TATF msg. board??? :unsure:

Because Lenny Pasquarelli reported it - not me......I am not the only one that heard this and I am sure you could go to 790's website later today and find Pasquerelli's comments.

Lenny is the BEST in the business. Unlike Mort, Lenny is usually dead on. Lenny comes up with amazing stuff and he accurately reported that the Redskins were going to draft Jason Campbell in 1st round - the Redskins denied it before the draft and trashed Lenny - then Redskins did exactly what Lenny said they would do.

Lenny used to cover the Atlanta Falcons for several years. Apparently he has multiple sources in Falcons administration - he is always "all over" Falcon news.

MYSTERY CANDIDATE IN D.C.?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2008, 9:59 a.m.

On Friday, we caught wind of rumors that there s a mystery candidate for the head-coaching vacancy in Atlanta. Now, Jay Glazer of FOX reports that a mystery candidate has emerged in Washington.

In our view, the term mystery candidate is usually code for a college head coach who s hoping not to disrupt his recruiting effort if he doesn t get the job.

Glazer says that the Redskins mystery candidate will be interviewed on Monday or Tuesday.

Also, Glazer reports that Seahawks assistant Jim Mora would have gotten the job if he had wanted it. Some have speculated that Mora withdrew his name from consideration after he learned that he wouldn t get the gig.

Fingers crossed.

g-dawg (1/21/2008)

Dammit! well this pretty much sucks! If Skin's don't have a coach by next weekend, as much as I like Spags, I will get cold feet on him and want to go in another direction if we have to compete with Redskins - i mean, c'mon guys - as much as we love the Falcons you have to admit the Redskins job is a better job - higher profile, more history, better stadium, better overall talent level, etc.

I'm not a defeatist at all but if Spagnuolo has offer between Falcons/Redskins - Falcons will lose yet again - doh!:sick:

We are on the same wave length again. If the Redskins don't hire a coach this week we are toast.

he hate me (1/21/2008)
g-dawg (1/21/2008)

If Gregg Williams doesn't get the HC job in Wash you can have my first born child.. i just see the interviews they are doing as smoke screens.. Williams should get that HC job

If Gregg Williams doesn't get the HC job in Wash you can have my first born child.. i just see the interviews they are doing as smoke screens.. Williams should get that HC job

Gregg Williams has been the DC for Redskins for what 2-3 years now. Snyder & Co. should know GW like the back of their hand. Snyder has supposedly interviewed GW four times now........yet still no job offer......

ok, i will be glad to take your first born child and raise him - i will name him after you and let you pay for his college - because I'm such a nice guy.:D

why does everybody think that between us and washington, Spagnuolo would be more attracted to Washington? I really dont see Spagnuolo head coaching in a division in which he was bred (philly and new york). That's pretty low imo. And Arthur Blank is more than willing to spend bread on something he wants, just as Daniel Snyder is. Both owners have money like that. Yea, Washington may have tha players in place already, but Atlanta is a place where a coach can begin a legacy. That speaks more to me.

thakrunk1 (1/21/2008)
why does everybody think that between us and washington, Spagnuolo would be more attracted to Washington? I really dont see Spagnuolo head coaching in a division in which he was bred (philly and new york). That's pretty low imo. And Arthur Blank is more than willing to spend bread on something he wants, just as Daniel Snyder is. Both owners have money like that. Yea, Washington may have tha players in place already, but Atlanta is a place where a coach can begin a legacy. That speaks more to me.

Exactly what I was thinking. He could be the first coach in Atlanta history to (fill in the blank). Any coach coming here will be able to make a name for himself with this team for the long run, IMO.

From ESPN Insider:

Sunday, January 20

Skins nearing decision

The Redskins may be ready to make a decision by early next week on a head coach, and that has to favor Gregg Williams, writes John Clayton. The Redskins defensive coordinator has had four interviews with owner Daniel Snyder.

Two candidates have pulled out -- Jim Caldwell of the Colts and Jim Mora of the Seahawks. That leaves Jim Schwartz of the Titans and Ron Meeks of the Colts as Williams' main competition. Snyder didn't want to have this search last more than two weeks, and next Tuesday is the end of two weeks.

chickenfried (1/21/2008)
From ESPN Insider:

Sunday, January 20

Skins nearing decision

The Redskins may be ready to make a decision by early next week on a head coach, and that has to favor Gregg Williams, writes John Clayton. The Redskins defensive coordinator has had four interviews with owner Daniel Snyder.

Two candidates have pulled out -- Jim Caldwell of the Colts and Jim Mora of the Seahawks. That leaves Jim Schwartz of the Titans and Ron Meeks of the Colts as Williams' main competition. Snyder didn't want to have this search last more than two weeks, and next Tuesday is the end of two weeks.

chickenfried- this was reported by John Clayton on Friday, January 18th - not Sunday the 20th - not to nitpick but that news is older.

here is NY Post article written today!It's quite possible defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who has made a huge impression in his first year with the Giants, will not come back for a second.

The Falcons, still without a head coach, remain interested in Spagnuolo. The Giants and Spagnuolo last week agreed that the time was not right for him to interview with the Falcons during preparation for the playoffs.

When the Giants' season ends, Spagnuolo will be free to travel to Atlanta to speak with the Falcons. Reports also have surfaced that the Redskins have targeted Spagnuolo to replace Joe Gibbs as the head coach in Washington