I keep reading that Jonathan Stewart runs a 4.3

halsey

the truth is there will be less than 5 players in the draft to run a legit 4.3 if anyone does. it is very rare for any player to run a 4.3 at the combine but hundreds will do it at unofficially at their track with their coaches timing them. it's just not something many people in the world can do regardless of what many people on message boards say.

1989fan (1/21/2008)
CJ is bigger than Stewart. Both around 235, but CJ is about a half foot taller I think.

Which is the reason I didn't think he could do it. It's hard to be THAT big and THAT fast. He wasn't a big YAC guy, it was more throw it deep and go get it. I just never saw it, but I won't be so quick to judge from now on. I honestly don't think he will, but I wouldn't put it past him.

halsey (1/21/2008)
If that's true then he'll probably move up draft boards. He'll probably end up running a 4.5 and people will say "well he ran an unofficial 4.3 on Oregon's track when at 3:00 in the morning when nobody else was around!."

Ok I checked with my bro who has a man crush on the guy. At NFL pro day last year "NFL scouts running a combine at the U of O" Stewart ran an electronic (radar) 4.34 40. Benches 410 squats near 600 and has a 39 inch vertical. He ran/runs indoor track for the U of O. The 4.5 numbers you see are his senior high school numbers 375 bench in high school and 575 squat and a 40.5 inch vert. that was at 215 pounds. So guess that's it. Believe or don't I doubt it will hurt his feelings.

oregonfan (1/21/2008)

Ok I checked with my bro who has a man crush on the guy. At NFL pro day last year "NFL scouts running a combine at the U of O" Stewart ran an electronic (radar) 4.34 40. Benches 410 squats near 600 and has a 39 inch vertical. He ran/runs indoor track for the U of O. The 4.5 numbers you see are his senior high school numbers 375 bench in high school and 575 squat and a 40.5 inch vert. that was at 215 pounds. So guess that's it. Believe or don't I doubt it will hurt his feelings.

Im with OP on this one. I'll believe it when I see it

If he can run a 4.3 at that size he should be a top 5 pick