Can We Give The New Guys A Break?...

I have read a number on reviews & critiques of our 07 rookie linemen; JAnderson, JBlalock, & TLewis. We all seem to be compairing them to all the greats of the league (in their day)... give me a break...

These guys came in as rookies & were asked to buy into some unique scemes of a rookie head coach. He even brought in some rookie college coaches to teach NFL lineman. The new coach & his assistants were said to be tacticians.

These guys were not allowed to use the strengths they came in with; they were instructed to use proper hand, arm, & foot techniques. Sometimes you can get so caught up into technique that you forget to play the game.

Well, that head coach & His assitants are/will be gone. Let these guys get some REAL coaching they can buy into. They'll have a year of NFL experiences to draw upon now. They'll have a better feel for what works & don't.

Consider this also, how many different Offensive & Defensive lines did we have throughout the season due to injuries? Could they really grow to depend on the guys beside them?

I'm willing to give these guys some Real NFL coaching & direction before I pass judgement. How about you...?

Now that these "fans" can't keep disparaging Roddy and as a "bust", since he was amon NFL leaders in receiving yards, they have to find someone else to beat up on and make hollow negative assertions.

It's like the husband that comes home and gets rough with his spouse claiming he does it becuase he loves her and he is just keeping her in line! Yeah....domestic abuse is good for her and keeps her behaving, it's all out of love!

It's the typcial uninformed babble.........some could care a less that they call rookies busts without giving them a chance, but the problem isn't the rookie, it's the clueless fan that doesn;'t know what the definition of "bust" means.

falconsfanfromkansas (1/21/2008)
I have read a number on reviews & critiques of our 07 rookie linemen; JAnderson, JBlalock, & TLewis. We all seem to be compairing them to all the greats of the league (in their day)... give me a break...

These guys came in as rookies & were asked to buy into some unique scemes of a rookie head coach. He even brought in some rookie college coaches to teach NFL lineman. The new coach & his assistants were said to be tacticians.

These guys were not allowed to use the strengths they came in with; they were instructed to use proper hand, arm, & foot techniques. Sometimes you can get so caught up into technique that you forget to play the game.

Well, that head coach & His assitants are/will be gone. Let these guys get some REAL coaching they can buy into. They'll have a year of NFL experiences to draw upon now. They'll have a better feel for what works & don't.

Consider this also, how many different Offensive & Defensive lines did we have throughout the season due to injuries? Could they really grow to depend on the guys beside them?

I'm willing to give these guys some Real NFL coaching & direction before I pass judgement. How about you...?

Thanks for a positive post. I am with you all the way. Pass judgement on them after they've been given a legitimate shot at the NFL. And by the way, one year under Quitrino is not a legitimate shot, IMO.