The Giants, Packers and Nate Clements has proved to me.....We should trade D-Hall

atljbo

I know alot of you will jump down my throat but this is how i feel..... You guys know i bring alot of good football news to this board so just here me out.....I like D-Halll alot and i know he is a special player but yooooo I just feel we would be very stupid if we gave up alot of our cap on one player...(You see what happen when we did that for vick..Cap ****)... Also i dont care how good your corner back is....if you dont have a pass rush...that turns great corner into a average corner...I feel if you can have a great pass rush with 2 good man to man corners your D will be in the top 15...The 49ers palyed $80 million dollars on a corner....they went 5 and 11....The bengles has a potent offense....some great young corners....they went 7-9........the Packers has Al harris and Charles Woodson but they was not getting a good pass rush so Plaxico Burress had the game of a life time on them.... My point is unless we have a great Defensive Line....We wont have a top notch D......it will hurt the Patriots but thats why they could let Asante Samuel walk if he ask for to much money or thats why the Colts let there two starting corners walk last offseason.....I want to keep D-Hall....but its no way in **** i would pay him 80 mil...or spend alot of cap on him...with that...you can have a great pass rusher and 2 good corners for that...this is just something to think about

the year that the falcons made the NFC championship game (we went 11-5)....D-hall missed must of the year....

I hope you guys dont think im dogging him out because im not.....He is a really great corner ....... its just the last 2 years we was 7-9 and 4-12 with him....Im tired of losing...we have to do what we have to....to make this team consistently a contender...that starts with your Offensive line and Defensive line

While I agree, giving him that much money would be bad.

And Indy gave up their corners because their defense is much more reliant on the safties (Bob Sanders, the Defensive player of the year). It's what they run. And I think we could get close to the same production through the draft, and with a better pash rush we wouldn't need to pay some corners ******** money.

atljbo (1/20/2008)

I know alot of you will jump down my throat but this is how i feel..... You guys know i bring alot of good football news to this board so just here me out.....I like D-Halll alot and i know he is a special player but yooooo I just feel we would be very stupid if we gave up alot of our cap on one player...(You see what happen when we did that for vick..Cap ****)... Also i dont care how good your corner back is....if you dont have a pass rush...that turns great corner into a average corner...I feel if you can have a great pass rush with 2 good man to man corners your D will be in the top 15...The 49ers palyed $80 million dollars on a corner....they went 5 and 11....The bengles has a potent offense....some great young corners....they went 7-9........the Packers has Al harris and Charles Woodson but they was not getting a good pass rush so Plaxico Burress had the game of a life time on them.... My point is unless we have a great Defensive Line....We wont have a top notch D......it will hurt the Patriots but thats why they could let Asante Samuel walk if he ask for to much money or thats why the Colts let there two starting corners walk last offseason.....I want to keep D-Hall....but its no way in **** i would pay him 80 mil...or spend alot of cap on him...with that...you can have a great pass rusher and 2 good corners for that...this is just something to think about

the year that the falcons made the NFC championship game (we went 11-5)....D-hall missed must of the year....

I hope you guys dont think im dogging him out because im not.....He is a really great corner ....... its just the last 2 years we was 7-9 and 4-12 with him....Im tired of losing...we have to do what we have to....to make this team consistently a contender...that starts with your Offensive line and Defensive line

I totally agree, if you got 2 great corners and a OK pass rush, if the QB has enough time, HE WILL find somebody open. If we have to OK corners and a awsome pass rush, the QB will be eating turf all day long. THats what we need. I like D-Hall a bunch too, but Looking at, we have to sign, Boley, a number one pick unless we trade down, and 8 other picks plus any free agents we pick up. I just don't see a way where they could keep him and pay the money he wants. NFL economics 101 ;)

If Vick paid back that money, it might make more sense, but we haven't heard anything yet. :unsure:

cstyle4200 (1/21/2008)
I read the first line then I stop,please stop with these anti Hall posts.

wow, you should really learn how to read a post before you decide to post a comment about it. this isn't a anti-hall post, the poster actually likes d-hall. he was simply making a VERY valid point about how much a quality pass rush can make a decent corner look even better. also, how a great corner can still be a non-factor with no pass rush.

READING COMPREHENSION, it's a great skill to learn

GEORGIAfan (1/20/2008)
if D.hall asks for to much, then trade, but if he ask for a little more( bout 5mil) than champs contract, then i wouldnt be upset.

i cant do that......this will be champ cap hit.....2008: $7.5 million, 2009: $6.5 million, 2010: $9.5 million....i will pay that only for champ...and he has to be d-hall age....im sorry but its not worth it...rather then pay d-hall 70 mil...i would rather trade him for a 1st round pick...then draft 6'2 212lbs Kenny Phillips in the first round and 6'2 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in the third round then sign Albert Haynesworth to a 6 year 40 mil contract and terrell suggs to a 6 year 35 mil contract....this is just an example

monoxide (1/21/2008)
Clements was one of the few bright spots on that team. If it wasn't for him, they'd be alot worse then what they were. I also think that Deangelo Hall is a better corner, and has more years to go then Nate.

I hate to tell you this....but in a losing season there are no bright spots....losing is losing

birds_till_death (1/21/2008)
cstyle4200 (1/21/2008)
I read the first line then I stop,please stop with these anti Hall posts.

wow, you should really learn how to read a post before you decide to post a comment about it. this isn't a anti-hall post, the poster actually likes d-hall. he was simply making a VERY valid point about how much a quality pass rush can make a decent corner look even better. also, how a great corner can still be a non-factor with no pass rush.

READING COMPREHENSION, it's a great skill to learn

The quote poster wrote we should trade Hall WOW! he really likes him.

atljbo (1/20/2008)

I like D-Halll alot and i know he is a special player
I want to keep D-Hall....but its no way in **** i would pay him 80 mil...or spend alot of cap on him...with that...you can have a great pass rusher and 2 good corners for that...this is just something to think about
I hope you guys dont think im dogging him out because im not.....He is a really great corner

read his original post, he gives credit to d-hall twice and says he likes him. He's just not a fan of spending 70+ million on him, because he believes we'd be better served if we spent the money elsewhere.

atljbo (1/21/2008)
im not anti d-hall....i like d-hall....i want whats better for this team more then what i like...if we can sign d-all for 50 mil...i have no problem with that....im just saying...we should learn from the vick mistake

i agree with you. i really really would like to keep hall, but i don't want to tie that much money up into that one position. there still will be one, two, if not three other db's in the game depending on what offensive package the opposing team is on the field. what good is having someone like d-hall on one side, when the qb has all day to throw and lewis sanders is lining up on the other side. i would much rather have two good CB's, than one great and one average.

your only as strong as your weakest link.

atljbo (1/20/2008)
I like D-Halll alot and i know he is a special player
I want to keep D-Hall....but its no way in **** i would pay him 80 mil...or spend alot of cap on him...with that...you can have a great pass rusher and 2 good corners for that...this is just something to think about
I hope you guys dont think im dogging him out because im not.....He is a really great corner

read his original post, he gives credit to d-hall twice and says he likes him. He's just not a fan of spending 70+ million on him, because he believes we'd be better served if we spent the money elsewhere.

thankyou......thats my whole point....i know d-hall is good....but without a gREAT D-LINE....WE WILL BE RIGHT BACK HERE.....NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS

thankyou......thats my whole point....i know d-hall is good....but without a gREAT D-LINE....WE WILL BE RIGHT BACK HERE.....NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS

there are positions out there that i believe are worth tying that much money in, provided you know the character of the player(which we obviously didn't), but i just can't see putting that much money into a CB. I know it's a hard skill position, but with four and five reciever sets, one CB can only do so much.

i think after next season witch is his last if im correct. i say we franchise him. if he is ganna ask for 80 mil. then we make him stay a falcon till he is to old to talk more smack :) it all comes down to the offense. no defense is going to look good if the offense cant put up points. look at the chargers and pats. game the chargers played insane good D but the chargers couldn't put up the points to get the win so they lost. same w/ us our defense is on the field so much they cant keep it up all 4 qrts

noel47 (1/21/2008)
i think after next season witch is his last if im correct. i say we franchise him. if he is ganna ask for 80 mil. then we make him stay a falcon till he is to old to talk more smack :) it all comes down to the offense. no defense is going to look good if the offense cant put up points. look at the chargers and pats. game the chargers played insane good D but the chargers couldn't put up the points to get the win so they lost. same w/ us our defense is on the field so much they cant keep it up all 4 qrts

As of right now he is under contract for 08 and 09 season. he can however void his contract after the 08 season and become a UFA before the 09 season. I would be okay with franchising him for that year and trying to negotiate for a do-able contract, but i'm assuming he will do the same thing kerney did when he left us.

Kerney opted out of his contract for UFA a few days past the deadline to franchise players, therefore not allowing us to be able to franchise him. i'm assuming d-hall will do the same, but that's just my guess.

noel47 (1/21/2008)

As of right now he is under contract for 08 and 09 season. he can however void his contract after the 08 season and become a UFA before the 09 season. I would be okay with franchising him for that year and trying to negotiate for a do-able contract, but i'm assuming he will do the same thing kerney did when he left us.

Kerney opted out of his contract for UFA a few days past the deadline to franchise players, therefore not allowing us to be able to franchise him. i'm assuming d-hall will do the same, but that's just my guess.

i know...so why lose him and get a 3rd rond comp......when you can trade him for a first round

atljbo (1/21/2008)

i know...so why lose him and get a 3rd rond comp......when you can trade him for a first round

i completley agree, we're on the same page. i personally want a lil more than just a first though. if i remember correctly, he was drafted 8th overall and has already been to two pro-bowls. it would either have to be an extremely high draft pick, or multiple picks.

my only concern with a trade would simply be, because of him only having a year left on his contract, other teams might be weary of trading for him, because they know they will have to renegotiate his contract right away and d-hall will have them over a barrel in negotiations. they would basically have to pay him what he wants because they wouldn't want to sacrifice those picks in a trade not to resign the player the just traded for a year later.