Suck on that Tiki Barber.

I will admit I have been as hard on Eli as anyone, but it is different when a fan does it compared to when a team-mate does it. Especially when Tiki waited to retire to say the crap from the safety of a booth. I liked that Eli didn't get caught up in it and the one thing he did say, about Tiki having the whole team distracted with his " will he-won't he retire" campaign was something that needed to be said.

Mostly what bothered me was how everyone spoke of how classy Tiki was, and he seemed to really be. But taking shots at a team-mate after you retire...That is trashy.

I will say I have been proven wrong as of right now about Eli. Sure, it's only a few games, but he is doing it without Shockey, who was a go-to guy for him. The kid seems to really be growing up, and if he goes out and sucks up the Super Bowl, I will still say he has taken a huge leap this year.Two huge games in two tough places to win on the road. Sure,h didn't do it alon, no QB does, but he was a part of it for sure.

I think the NFC East is going to be a beast of a division in the years to come.

pencilpusher (1/21/2008)
I will admit I have been as hard on Eli as anyone, but it is different when a fan does it compared to when a team-mate does it. Especially when Tiki waited to retire to say the crap from the safety of a booth. I liked that Eli didn't get caught up in it and the one thing he did say, about Tiki having the whole team distracted with his " will he-won't he retire" campaign was something that needed to be said.

Mostly what bothered me was how everyone spoke of how classy Tiki was, and he seemed to really be. But taking shots at a team-mate after you retire...That is trashy.

I will say I have been proven wrong as of right now about Eli. Sure, it's only a few games, but he is doing it without Shockey, who was a go-to guy for him. The kid seems to really be growing up, and if he goes out and sucks up the Super Bowl, I will still say he has taken a huge leap this year.Two huge games in two tough places to win on the road. Sure,h didn't do it alon, no QB does, but he was a part of it for sure.

I think the NFC East is going to be a beast of a division in the years to come.

PP...What exactly did he say and when?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i thought it was really low class of tiki for what he did. to talk bad about a teammate AFTER you retire. i reaaaaaaalllyy wanted to see the pats win because i wanted to see a 19-0 team, and probably the only 19-0 team that will ever come around, but the 3 things i was happy about were:

1. strahan got a ring (played at a high level for a very long time and was a good leader so i thought he deserved it)

2. eli won a SB against a legendary team as the starting qb (i always liked eli even though i thought he may never be a peyton, and i really hated it how the media said he wasnt a leader, etc. because he wasnt a yeller or whatever. all the years i played football i was rarely a "rah-rah" guy, but i showed up to practice early and went 110% every play and my team respected me for it. i was a team captain every year i played)

3. tiki didnt get a ring (didnt like how he took shots at eli and i lost a lot of respect for him. i also think its funny how his own twin brother ronde has one and he doesnt, but would have had he just stayed for one more year)