Senior Bowl Coverage has begun at NFL Draft Countdown

Those new to the forum, they have the best Senior Bowl coverage

on the web.

Scott Wright is in Mobile and updated an early blog. Anxious to hear

about the weigh-in tomorrow. Many prospects were much shorter, lighter, or heavier

than their University would have you believe last year.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/...bowl/index.html

totalbirdbrain (1/20/2008)
He just mentioned a few minutes ago that "word is Brian Brohm has pulled out of the game"

****** that sucks. I wanted him to show everyone that he's the best QB in the draft.

For what it's worth, I think it was a stupid decision by Ryan not to participate. There are substantial question marks surrounding him, and he needed to show what he could do.

scott24falcs (1/20/2008)
He just mentioned a few minutes ago that "word is Brian Brohm has pulled out of the game"

****** that sucks. I wanted him to show everyone that he's the best QB in the draft.

For what it's worth, I think it was a stupid decision by Ryan not to participate. There are substantial question marks surrounding him, and he needed to show what he could do.

Actually it was a VERY SMART decision for Ryan not to play.

His stock is very high right now. Why blow that by actually showing how overrated he really is?

Is there anyway Josh Johnson could play in this game too?

busboyisback (1/20/2008)
scott24falcs (1/20/2008)

Actually it was a VERY SMART decision for Ryan not to play.

His stock is very high right now. Why blow that by actually showing how overrated he really is?

Is there anyway Josh Johnson could play in this game too?

I couldn't disagree with you more. Unlike some past QB prospects, Ryan is far from a top 3-5 lock. Most are saying he will be a top 5 pick, primarily because of ours and KCs huge need for a QB. He has some question marks surrounding his game, and I think he should have participated and proven he is the top QB.

His agent, Tom Condon, also represented Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn, both of whom dropped in the draft, after being encouraged NOT to particpate in the Senior Bowl.

scott24falcs (1/20/2008)

I couldn't disagree with you more. Unlike some past QB prospects, Ryan is far from a top 3-5 lock. Most are saying he will be a top 5 pick, primarily because of ours and KCs huge need for a QB. He has some question marks surrounding his game, and I think he should have participated and proven he is the top QB.

His agent, Tom Condon, also represented Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn, both of whom dropped in the draft, after being encouraged NOT to particpate in the Senior Bowl.

You're missing the point. Even if Ryan is a top 10-15 pick, that's still higher than what he deserves.

He is a COMPLETE FRAUD. If he got exposed in the Senior Bowl he could lose out financially big time.

busboyisback (1/21/2008)
scott24falcs (1/20/2008)

You're missing the point. Even if Ryan is a top 10-15 pick, that's still higher than what he deserves.

He is a COMPLETE FRAUD. If he got exposed in the Senior Bowl he could lose out financially big time.

OK.....I agree with your last statement. But I think you're the one missing the point. If he participates, and PROVES that he is indeed head-and-shoulders above the rest of the QB class, than he solidifies himself as a top 3 pick IMO. With the question marks surrounding him (high number of INTs, decision-making concerns), teams could elect to pass on him and go for one of the other QB prospects later on (Ainge, Flacco, Henne, Johnson, etc.) Ryan could very well have taken himself out of the top 5 picks or so by not participating; thus, losing out on a substantial amount of money.

grendel (1/21/2008)
scott24falcs (1/21/2008)
busboyisback (1/21/2008)
scott24falcs (1/20/2008)

OK.....I agree with your last statement. But I think you're the one missing the point. If he participates, and PROVES that he is indeed head-and-shoulders above the rest of the QB class, than he solidifies himself as a top 3 pick IMO. With the question marks surrounding him (high number of INTs, decision-making concerns), teams could elect to pass on him and go for one of the other QB prospects later on (Ainge, Flacco, Henne, Johnson, etc.) Ryan could very well have taken himself out of the top 5 picks or so by not participating; thus, losing out on a substantial amount of money.

Right, but he is what the numbers and game tape show that he is, overrated.

Couldn't agree more.

scott24falcs (1/21/2008)

The odds of him looking like the best QB were slim and none. More than likely he was going to get exposed which could have dramatically decreased his stock.

He's better off riding this wave of undeserved hype even if it dies down a little.

Is Brohm officially out this game for real? If so I wonder who will replace him.

busboyisback (1/21/2008)
scott24falcs (1/21/2008)

The odds of him looking like the best QB were slim and none. More than likely he was going to get exposed which could have dramatically decreased his stock.

He's better off riding this wave of undeserved hype even if it dies down a little.

Is Brohm officially out this game for real? If so I wonder who will replace him.

Erik Ainge will, he's already down there in hopes of being able to replace someone. Scott Wright said he was on one of his flights down there. It didn't take long.

busboyisback (1/21/2008)
scott24falcs (1/21/2008)

Erik Ainge.

1989fan (1/21/2008)
Orange_Crush (1/21/2008)
Horrible, horrible move. Andre Woodson can now pass both of them with a Cutler-type showing this week.

Did Cutler pass Leinart?

Not on draft day, but in the pros, I think he's more than passed both of them. He has a fumbling problem (I think he's fumbled in almost every game he's started, no joke), but he has a much better arm than both of them and to this point has been much more productive.