What's up with Schwartz

falconcrest58

Hahaha. I just posted on this EXACT same topic, at the exact same time you did. I haven't heard anything on him since the Dolphins interviewed him Monday. The Redskins had named him the favorite after he interviewed with them last thursday. We interviewed him the following day, but that was without Dimitroff. I think he'll resurface and either land the job in Washington or with us. He's going to be the next coming of Bill Belichick.

AkCraigg (1/20/2008)
Hahaha. I just posted on this EXACT same topic, at the exact same time you did. I haven't heard anything on him since the Dolphins interviewed him Monday. The Redskins had named him the favorite after he interviewed with them last thursday. We interviewed him the following day, but that was without Dimitroff. I think he'll resurface and either land the job in Washington or with us. He's going to be the next coming of Bill Belichick.

That is a bold statement and if thats the case get him back in for a 2nd interview!

You know, part of me wants to say that he's been interviewed already, just without alerting the media. He was named the front-runner in Washington after his interview. You don't just fall off the edge of the world after that happens. We interviewed him the following day, and apparently he again fell off the edge of the world. Perhaps there is some behind the scenes silent bidding going on for his services.

I read the "Moneyball" article about him. I do not remember if that was your post or not. I am not opposed to the guy at all. I wonder if he would give Norm Chow a call to be the OC.

Which begs another question: Chow took the fall in TN for lack of scoring. What was he supposed to do with no WRs and a still green QB?

I think a lot of people believe the hiring of the HC will be determined by the staff they plan on bringing in. I'm not sure if Chow will follow Schwartz if he is indeed named as a HC this year. Chow pretty much got screwed in Tennessee working with Vince Young. Whats ironic is Kerry Collins produced when he went into the game. Oh well. I think Chow is an above average OC.

falconcrest58 (1/20/2008)
Norm and Schwartz would work....I just don't understand why he didin't get a second interview.....evidently something is wrong with this guy. Maybe his breathe stinks:hehe:

If we had "Norm" and "Schwartz" we could call them "the General" - as in "Norman Schwartzkoph":D

drneckbone (1/20/2008)
I read the "Moneyball" article about him. I do not remember if that was your post or not. I am not opposed to the guy at all. I wonder if he would give Norm Chow a call to be the OC.

Which begs another question: Chow took the fall in TN for lack of scoring. What was he supposed to do with no WRs and a still green QB?

I'd be ok w/him too, although he's not my first choice. (but probably a good thing I'm not pickin')

As far as Chow goes... what he do w/what he's got to work w/here either? I'm not sure that would be a good fit.