Since we suck so badly, would you be willing to Accept Vick back?

I say we keep throwing stones at someone who made the biggest, most bone headed mistake of his life. People certainly don't deserve second chances in this society. I was a hugger admittedly....but I hate the situation he's in and the situation this team is in. When he was here he couldn't please people no matter what he did....so it's a moot point. I want him back, I think the obstacles are too much for him to return. Sadly.

deester11 (1/20/2008)
I say we keep throwing stones at someone who made the biggest, most bone headed mistake of his life. People certainly don't deserve second chances in this society. I was a hugger admittedly....but I hate the situation he's in and the situation this team is in. When he was here he couldn't please people no matter what he did....so it's a moot point. I want him back, I think the obstacles are too much for him to return. Sadly.

Intelligent post pops :D

stoned_jc7 (1/20/2008)

I sure could go for some fried chicken. You know, it's hard to find fried chicken in Utah. Not a single KFC within 20 miles of here.

Sushi is everywhere. But try to find some mashed taters, fried chicken, and maybe even a little boiled okra. **** near impossible.

Kinda like accepting Vick back.

Boiled okra, tomatoes and rice.... Thats a treat!

cblack (1/20/2008)
deester11 (1/20/2008)

Intelligent post pops :D

Thanks Lamont! These Vick posts are gonna make me have the big one!:laugh:

We sucked often with Vick

We sucked often without Vick

IF......and that is a HUGE IF, but IF Vick has truly had a change of heart and has actually grown up and matured some in jail, I think it would be foolish to just arbitrarily throw him out without even talking honestly to him. I doubt that this has happened, but I would not be against at least thinking about it.

If he ever did come back to Atlanta, it would be mandatory that his contract be renegotiated DOWN SUBSTANTIALLY.

Whatever happens, for his sake, I hope has has matured and grown up and ditched the idiots he was hanging out with. Long before and long after his football career he is still a human and a father. I truly hope that he gets his personal life in order regardless of what happens to his football career.

No. He wasnt all that good.

I'm all for giving guy a second chance, but in Vick's case, NO. Dog fighting id pretty serious. If we welcome him back, I think we will see alot of protest outside the dome. It was pretty chaotic during Tranning Camp. The distraction will be big. Let's just move on and rebuild with a new QB. Forget about Vick, he is the past. Look toward the future.

UGA_DAWG46 (1/20/2008)
No. He wasnt all that good.

I'm all for giving guy a second chance, but in Vick's case, NO. Dog fighting id pretty serious. If we welcome him back, I think we will see alot of protest outside the dome. It was pretty chaotic during Tranning Camp. The distraction will be big. Let's just move on and rebuild with a new QB. Forget about Vick, he is the past. Look toward the future.

"Dog fighting is serious". AYFKM!!! Please get a clue. So who do you give second chances to? What's your criteria? Please answer me this!

The fact is the Falcons don't need him to be a successful team again. Everyone deserves a second chance though, so if he was truly a changed person then yeah, bring him on back. Eventually the media would stop covering the animal rights activists and they would go away.

On a side note, as disgusting as dog fighting is, the fact that Leonard Little doesn't have to endure protests every time he steps on the field is ridiculous.

ucsbdirtybird (1/20/2008)
The fact is the Falcons don't need him to be a successful team again. Everyone deserves a second chance though, so if he was truly a changed person then yeah, bring him on back. Eventually the media would stop covering the animal rights activists and they would go away.

On a side note, as disgusting as dog fighting is, the fact that Leonard Little doesn't have to endure protests every time he steps on the field is ridiculous.

Thank You. Someone with common sense. After all, dogfighting is more serious than vehicular homicide.

ucsbdirtybird (1/20/2008)

Dog fighting is bad, very bad, but it's the gambling that is the bigger issue.