Damn! Disney is making serious money off that Cyrus kid....

RealBird!

Well, there was no way I was paying the scalper prices for the concert so when the movie was announced I thought it was a good idea. Imagine my surprise when the lady told me presale the movie tix were $15 a piece for the Saturday matinee show. I know movies are now $10 after 6pm but **** they are making sure they get thier money. Oh well, anything to make my kids happy.....

'Hannah Montana' movie tickets might be hard to get

MEGAN K. SCOTT

ASSOCIATED PRESS

January 20, 2008

NEW YORK -- Parents hoping to purchase tickets to the Hannah Montana movie might be in for a tough time.

Hundreds of showtimes are already sold out on Fandango, and theater owners are constantly adding new ones, said Harry Medved, spokesman for Fandango, the nation's largest movie ticketing service. The movie opens nationwide Feb. 1 and runs for one week only. Tickets went on sale Dec. 1 and can be purchased online or at the box office.

"We have 21 girls in our Girl Scout troop and I wanted to be able to offer it to all of them, thinking it would be great if we could go together," said Patti Feurman, mother of two in Ridgefield, Conn. "It was impossible to get that many tickets for a single show. We all had to break up to try to find tickets, and we are all at different showtimes."

"Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert" captures singing sensation Miley Cyrus during her 54-date tour. In the movie, Miley, 15, star of Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" series, performs as both a solo artist and as her television character, Hannah Montana. The movie is in Disney Digital 3D.

The concert movie was the No. 1 seller on MovieTickets.com its first week on sale, selling more on that Friday, Saturday and Sunday, than any other movies for the entire week, said Joel Cohen, MovieTickets.com's executive vice president and general manager. He says the ticketing service has sold thousands of tickets each day since.

The film was 30 percent of the ticket sales on Fandango as of Thursday, right behind "Cloverfield," which came out Friday, and has been a top-selling ticket on the site, said Medved. The movie is playing in more than 600 theaters.

"It's the best-selling concert movie in Fandango's seven-year history," said Rick Butler, chief operating officer of Fandango.

Despite the slight headaches, some parents say the movie makes up for some of the disappointment their children felt when Miley's "Best of Both Worlds Tour" sold out within minutes of when the tickets went on sale.

RealBird"! (1/20/2008)
Well, there was no way I was paying the scalper prices for the concert so when the movie was announced I thought it was a good idea. Imagine my surprise when the lady told me presale the movie tix were $15 a piece for the Saturday matinee show. I know movies are now $10 after 6pm but **** they are making sure they get thier money. Oh well, anything to make my kids happy.....

MEGAN K. SCOTT

ASSOCIATED PRESS

January 20, 2008

NEW YORK -- Parents hoping to purchase tickets to the Hannah Montana movie might be in for a tough time.

Hundreds of showtimes are already sold out on Fandango, and theater owners are constantly adding new ones, said Harry Medved, spokesman for Fandango, the nation's largest movie ticketing service. The movie opens nationwide Feb. 1 and runs for one week only. Tickets went on sale Dec. 1 and can be purchased online or at the box office.

"We have 21 girls in our Girl Scout troop and I wanted to be able to offer it to all of them, thinking it would be great if we could go together," said Patti Feurman, mother of two in Ridgefield, Conn. "It was impossible to get that many tickets for a single show. We all had to break up to try to find tickets, and we are all at different showtimes."

"Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert" captures singing sensation Miley Cyrus during her 54-date tour. In the movie, Miley, 15, star of Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" series, performs as both a solo artist and as her television character, Hannah Montana. The movie is in Disney Digital 3D.

The concert movie was the No. 1 seller on MovieTickets.com its first week on sale, selling more on that Friday, Saturday and Sunday, than any other movies for the entire week, said Joel Cohen, MovieTickets.com's executive vice president and general manager. He says the ticketing service has sold thousands of tickets each day since.

The film was 30 percent of the ticket sales on Fandango as of Thursday, right behind "Cloverfield," which came out Friday, and has been a top-selling ticket on the site, said Medved. The movie is playing in more than 600 theaters.

"It's the best-selling concert movie in Fandango's seven-year history," said Rick Butler, chief operating officer of Fandango.

Despite the slight headaches, some parents say the movie makes up for some of the disappointment their children felt when Miley's "Best of Both Worlds Tour" sold out within minutes of when the tickets went on sale.

I tried to get some tickets for my little cousin and they wanted like $70 per.

Twinblade (1/20/2008)
RealBird"! (1/20/2008)
Twinblade (1/20/2008)

Ouch! $70 is insane for a movie. Just wait until the DVD comes out...

Thats for a concert, the movie, eh...no thanks.

From what some people paid (I heard somewhere $800 a ticket), $70 was getting them cheap. You shoudl've done it....

RealBird"! (1/20/2008)
Twinblade (1/20/2008)
RealBird"! (1/20/2008)
Twinblade (1/20/2008)

Ouch! $70 is insane for a movie. Just wait until the DVD comes out...

Thats for a concert, the movie, eh...no thanks.

From what some people paid (I heard somewhere $800 a ticket), $70 was getting them cheap. You shoudl've done it....

nah, with the whole fake tickets going around, I didn't trust it.

Goodoleboy58 (1/20/2008)
july425 (1/20/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (1/20/2008)
what is the big deal about this person? i dont get it

If you're not a girl between the ages of 6-14, you probably shouldn't get it.

touche

:laugh: If you did get it, I'd have to report you to local authorities.

july425 (1/20/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (1/20/2008)
what is the big deal about this person? i dont get it

If you're not a girl between the ages of 6-14, you probably shouldn't get it.

This is really scary to me. My son is 7 and he loves this chick. Kept asking if we could go to her concert. On the one hand, he could be showing girly tendencies. But I prefer to believe he's just learning at an early age where all the babes hang out. :P

RealBird"! (1/20/2008)

MEGAN K. SCOTT

ASSOCIATED PRESS

January 20, 2008

Well shes the new Britney.:w00t: But I think its hilarious her Dad, Billy ray is also riding her coat tails in her show, if he wouldn't have had her, he would be a trivia question as a one hit wonder with achy breaky heart. Wonder how he feels his kid has made more money then he ever made. :P Wonder if she will crash and burn the way Britney is right now?