I've lost some respect for Tomlinson.

birdweiserrr

He's sitting on his butt because he's cold. He knows he's not playing. He's sitting there with his helmet on to keep the cold off his face. He claimed how he wouldn't miss this game, etc.

You can clearly see the difference between winners and losers in this game. I give it to P Rivers though, 2 torn ligaments or tendons and he's out there giving it his all.

This is my 1st ever negative comment about Tomlinson so I don't want to hear your racism whining. That guy is not a winner and it's clear today.

He should be ashamed.

The Falcon Ace (1/20/2008)
I SERIOUSLY doubt he is sitting out because he is cold. It's just as likely he is sitting out for another reason beyond his control and he is keeping his helmet on to hide the tears. We cannot judge yet, and the fact you would jump to such a conclusion so fast shows what kind of person you are.

:laugh::laugh:

To hide the tears.......

Hes not sitting down because hes cold hes sitting down because Norv Turner told him to. No we shouldnt have drafted LT over Vick , Vick worked for a while but thats a different story. This Chargers team will probably be in the Superbowl next year if they keep this core and build on to this roster. BRING MICHAEL TURNER TO THE FALCONS.

I SERIOUSLY doubt he is sitting out because he is cold. It's just as likely he is sitting out for another reason beyond his control and he is keeping his helmet on to hide the tears. We cannot judge yet, and the fact you would jump to such a conclusion so fast shows what kind of person you are.

Yep and he still wanted to play this season. Sorry this was for birdweiserrr

birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)
:laugh::laugh: To hide the tears.......

Have you seen the guy in press conferences and all year, the guy is very emotional...

I believe he may be banged up, but I don't believe he cares a whole lot about getting on the field.

Whatever, I didn't post this thinking someone would change my opinion.

birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)

Have you seen the guy in press conferences and all year, the guy is very emotional...

I believe he may be banged up, but I don't believe he cares a whole lot about getting on the field.

I guess the coach told him to sit there and not move too. He wasn't cheering on his teammates, he wasn't giving anyone any advice, he didn't do anything but sit there with his 30 lb jacket on and his helmet pulled down.

I'm sorry. I saw something today from Tomlinson that I didn't like.

birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)
He's sitting on his butt because he's cold. He knows he's not playing. He's sitting there with his helmet on to keep the cold off his face. He claimed how he wouldn't miss this game, etc.

You can clearly see the difference between winners and losers in this game. I give it to P Rivers though, 2 torn ligaments or tendons and he's out there giving it his all.

This is my 1st ever negative comment about Tomlinson so I don't want to hear your racism whining. That guy is not a winner and it's clear today.

He should be ashamed.

Its funny to me how you would say you lost respect to LT even though its been said multiple times on the telecast that it was Norv Turner's decision to sit him. Nothing LT has done or said thus far in his career leads me to believe he would quit on his teammates. I guess he got all dressed up, went out and ran the ball the first two times in the game just for giggles. The difference between winners and losers is who has the most points on the "board" at the end of the game or, in this case, the loser is who makes the most dumb comments on the "board."

im not sure if I wanna say he was being selfish, but I kinda think he was.

tha announcers were saying how LT said he was "scared" cuz he's never had leg or knee injuries.

i think he was looking out for his career, knowing he's a runningback and he needs his legs. i think he was scared to go back on tha field. Rivers, however, showed he can lead through injury.

if you know you are a key figure in tha success of your team, you need to be doing everything you can to get back on tha field. you WOULD be doing everything you need to get back on tha field. pestering tha coach, warming up, all that. instead, he sat bundled up on tha sideline, helmet and all.

birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)
I guess the coach told him to sit there and not move too. He wasn't cheering on his teammates, he wasn't giving anyone any advice, he didn't do anything but sit there with his 30 lb jacket on and his helmet pulled down.

So, you saw the sideline the whole game? I find it hard to believe that all you did was focus on LT sitting on the sidelines all day.

thakrunk1 (1/20/2008)
im not sure if I wanna say he was being selfish, but I kinda think he was.

tha announcers were saying how LT said he was "scared" cuz he's never had leg or knee injuries.

i think he was looking out for his career, knowing he's a runningback and he needs his legs. i think he was scared to go back on tha field. Rivers, however, showed he can lead through injury.

if you know you are a key figure in tha success of your team, you need to be doing everything you can to get back on tha field. you WOULD be doing everything you need to get back on tha field. pestering tha coach, warming up, all that. instead, he sat bundled up on tha sideline, helmet and all.

HELLO! The position is called RUNNING Back! There's a key part to that...RUNNING! A key part to running are your LEGS!

its a me first attitude ,alot of these prima donnas have it vick had it, Lt has it,etc.

there are other guys whose behavior in the opposite way has me concerned

burress injured not playing,then on the field being a liability with his play,then in the 3rd worst conditions for playoff game all time basically beat the packers by yourself

You cant just turn it on whenever you want to in the NFL and think thats okay because its not.Its another prima donna attribute

birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/20/2008)

Actually, you make a really good point. I never thought about it that way. He should have been cheering on his teammates and giving advice and encouragement to Sproles.

LT's lack of heart was pretty obvious to the naked eye. If your less than 100%, **** less than 80% you find a way to show up for easily the biggest game of your career. Rivers played on a bad knee and Gates played with bad toe and they still managed to compete. I'm still trying to locate any injury reports to give a reason to why he sat other that a "coaches decision". It really looks bad on his part no matter what the outcome.

From profootballtalk.com:

L.T. COULD HAVE PLAYED?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 22, 2008, 6:59 p.m.

As reported on Tuesday night by ESPN, it was announced in the press box at Sunday s Chargers-Patriots game that San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson can return to the game.

There was no mention of L.T. being probable or questionable or doubtful to return. The announcement was that he can return. One media source told us that such a description is virtually unprecedented.

And thus his failure to return fairly can be regarded as a decision made by Tomlinson, and no one else.

The source has expressed to us a belief that the Patriots were targeting Tomlinson s knees during his limited time on the field, and that this prompted Tomlinson to opt for the sidelines.

So while the pissing match between Deion Sanders and Tomlinson is grabbing much of the attention, the broader issue is whether Tomlinson could have played, and whether he simply chose not to.

I read that he has a second degree knee sprain of the medial collateral ligament. A sprained MCL is murder on a running backs ability to cut. Does anyone know of a running back that has played with this. I know Brandon Jacobs lost 3 games this year with a sprained MCL and Justin Fargas was lost for the last two games of this year.