My take on the coaching situation

golfingdawg

From everything that you read, it looks like we are more interested in a dfensive minded coach. I know we supposedly offered Garrett the job but it seems like most of the coaches interviewed are defensive based coaches. I have no problem with that what so ever since we all know that defense wins championships. I think we are waiting to interview Spag from New York and then we will make a decision. I think hiring McDaniels (Patriots OC) would be a mistake personally. I prefer Spags or or the DC from Tenn (Schwartz). Schwartz actually seems more like our guy because his background is similar to the new GM. I don't know anything about the DC from Minnesota but just on what I have seen I would go with Schwartz. What scares me is that they will drag this process out to long and all of the good coordinators will be long gone and we will have to settle for a make-shift staff. I would love to see us get Norm Chow for our OC. I know Tenn let him go but the man can coach QB's. Just my take on things.

I like Spags and Scwartz the most myself. My biggest worry with things dragging out though is hiring staff. You have to wonder if any of the good coordinators are going to be left. I know Hue is interviewing with the Rams. I sure Scwartz has let the FO know who his staff would be but they have to be clueless with Spags.

I just looked at the coaching background on Schwartz, Fisher, Spags, and Smith. The most impressive to me is Schwartz. He has been the DC for Tenn for several years now so he has a leg up on the other candidates in that regard. He also has worked under Jeff Fisher who is one of the top coaches out there today. I don't know how he interviewed but just on his background I would say go with Schwartz.

I've heard that the negative slant on Schwartz is that he's too much of a numbers guy and disconnected from some of his players. My guess is that if the Giants lose, the TD and Blank will be busy trying to talk with Spags and if you hear about a second interview with Schwartz, then obviously Spags doesn't have any interest.

Otherwise, we could be sitting here for two more weeks speculating who might be the new HC.

Again, GO PACK!

Good posts guys, everyone had a lot of really good input.

I've been hearing reports that Spag's is the #1 guy that the Redskins are looking at. Jay Glazer reported that it was Ryan Vs. Spagnuolo for our HC spot, but I'll go ahead and disagree.

I'd love to have Schwartz as our HC. He is a numbers guy, but that has far from disconnected him from his players. Every report I've read about him from his players say he's very passionate and a leader. I know I posted a website made by a Titans fan to fire him, and his reasons why. Schwartz has the most impressive resume of any candidate. A lot will happen in the next few days behind the scenes. I think Dimitroff has done a great job of keeping the Falcons thought process hidden. He hasn't shown his hand to anyone, its awesome.

It will all be over soon, hang in there guys.

AkCraigg (1/20/2008)
Good posts guys, everyone had a lot of really good input.

I've been hearing reports that Spag's is the #1 guy that the Redskins are looking at. Jay Glazer reported that it was Ryan Vs. Spagnuolo for our HC spot, but I'll go ahead and disagree.

It will all be over soon, hang in there guys.

Did he report that on the Fox pregame show? I could not find it on the Fox sports Website.

I will be happy with any of those three. I am just ready to get someone in place and fill out our staff.