SEC grudges

Nikki719

I found this article while surfing the web. I thought it was an interesting item of discussion. I don't know how other Dawg fans feel but I don't hate Auburn. It's always felt like competing against relatives at a family picnic. Too much in common. Yeah, Tennessee beats up on Florida but I don't envy anyone in orange at any school. I don't know where the Bama hate comes from. I'm indifferent about that one. What do you guys think?

Current SEC Grudge Status

Here is the current grudge status for the SEC. Anyone see any corrections or deletions?

Arkansas dislikes LSU, pities Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Finds a soul mate with Bama after the Petrino (Saban)hire

-LSU ##### hates Alabama, dislikes Arkansas, pities Ole Miss and Miss State, dislikes Florida and Georgia

-Ole Miss hates Mississippi State, and Alabama

-Mississippi State hates Ole Miss, Auburn, and dislikes Arkansas

-Alabama hates Auburn, Georgia, and they dislike Ole Miss (don t forget the ULM Fighting Nutria).

-Auburn hates Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas (likes Tennessee for shared hatred of Bama)

-Florida hates Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. Gators dislike Spurrier in a drop a deuce on my chest while I am wrapped in saran-wrap kinda way

-Tennessee dislikes Florida, feels pity for Georgia, and feels shame and revulsion for Alabama.

-Georgia hates Florida, Alabama, and Auburn. Always looking north and feeling p###s envy towards their orange-clad big brother.

-Vanderbilt is pretty sure that all the other SEC schools will produce people to pump their gas and fry their whoppers.

-South Carolina might hate some schools but they re an the square peg in a round hole fit in the SEC but seem content with moral wins

-Kentucky fans occasionally realize that they have a football program. Now get back in your box Rich Brooks, you psycho.

=http://loserswithsocks.com/2008/01/17/current-sec-grudge-status/

Was this written by someone from Tennessee?

As for UGA I think they hate Florida, Tenn, feels like Alabama should be called a High school instead of a university, and dislikes but respects Auburn.

Florida probably hates Tenn about as much as UGA. Guess I could be wrong.

Does LSU have any reason to hate UGA other than that thrashing at the hands of UGA a few years back in the SEC Champ game?

Oh, and everyone in the SEC hates Florida. I mean come on. Who wouldn't?

And really. As a UGA fan, I think I hate everyone else in the SEC. Passionately. I do have a bit of respect for Auburn, because they always give us a **** of a game. But screw the rest of them. If the entire U of F athletic program came down with crabs, I think I would declare a national holiday. And U of Tenn isn't far behind.

I would have to agree with JC7, whenever we play any other SEC team I pretty much hate them with a pasion. I do usually pull for them when playing there playing other teams outside the conference....or at least hope they out score there oponents. Now if a few players get hurt in the process that just icing on the cake. I'm joking of course....I think

As an Alabama fan, my level of hatred within the SEC:

1. Auburn (I am sorry but if it is Auburn versus Nazi Germany and Hitler is the coach, I still could not root for Auburn).

2. Florida (Urban is smug, Tebow is too good, and a little recent success has turned a majority of their fans into the pompous, arrogant jerks they have been accused of being the past two decades).

3. LSU (They hate us, so I feel the need to join in).

4. Tennessee (I probably should have more hate for Tennessee, but I have a soft place in my heart for a bluetick hound).

5. Arkansas (Perhaps no fan base is more proud for having done so little).

6. Georgia (I think one of the Commandments is: "If you hate Mark Richt, you go to ****.")

7. Mississippi State (They are getting a little swagger. But lest we forget, the top of the mountain for this program these days is winning the Liberty Bowl).

8. Ole Miss (Really could care less about Ole Miss -- unless Archie spits out another little Manning, Ole Miss will assume its perennial position of mediocrity).

9. South Carolina (For me, the feeling I get with Spurrier 2008 is an old uncle you used to hate for picking on you finding out he has cancer. You probably should still hate him, but now you just feel sorry for him.).

10. Kentucky (How can you hate Rich Brooks? Although beware if the arrogance of the Big Blue Nation seeps into the football program).

11. Vanderbilt (Pity, not hate).

Here's mine as a Florida fan"

1. Georgia - I root for the terrorists over UGA. Maybe it's not the most tradition-rich rivalry due to Florida's success coming much later than Georgia's, and it's a step below Auburn-Alabama for the SEC's BIGGEST rivalry, but I definitely think it's the most heated and hate-filled rivalry. Every year the Florida and Georgia fans party together before and after the game...but once those seats are filled it's nothing but disgust and hatred for both sides, and I ##### love it.

2. Tennessee - Everybody hates Tennessee because of ##### Rocky Top and the hunch-punch puke orange, but the Florida-Tennessee rivalry has gotten pretty big, and it's always a big game due to the fact that it's played at the beginning of the season.

3. Alabama - It's hard to really hate a team that helped Florida become a national powerhouse by losing to us every year in the SEC Championship Game during the 90's, but Nick Saban makes it possible. I look forward to the next time we play Bammer.

4. Auburn - They beat us all the **** time, and it's so maddening. That's pretty much it, I hate them because they beat us.

5. Arkansas - Bobby Petrino.

6. LSU - Ever since this game became annual, it has really begin to turn into a very nice rivalry. There's no hate involved really, unless it's on LSU's part just because we're Florida, but it's ALWAYS a very tough game.

7. South Carolina - Meh, I don't care about them. I will always hold a special place for Spurrier, as every Florida fan always will because of what he did for our program. He turned us from a mediocre SEC team into a national powerhouse within only a couple of years.

8. I don't care about anyone else.

Headshot (1/20/2008)

3. Alabama - It's hard to really hate a team that helped Florida become a national powerhouse by losing to us every year in the SEC Championship Game during the 90's, but Nick Saban makes it possible. I look forward to the next time we play Bammer.

Wow, talk about a misinformed statement.

1992 SEC Championship Game -- Alabama 28 Florida 21 (Alabama goes on to win National Championship).

1993 SEC Championship Game -- Florida 28 Alabama 13

1994 SEC Championship Game -- Florida 24 Alabama 23

1996 SEC Championship Game -- Florida 45 Alabama 30 (Florida goes on to win National Championship)

1999 SEC Championship Game -- Alabama 34 Florida 7

*** A little more even than your memory recalls. But then again, see comment #2 from my post above. (g)

CrimsonKat (1/20/2008)
Headshot (1/20/2008)

1992 SEC Championship Game -- Alabama 28 Florida 21 (Alabama goes on to win National Championship).

1996 SEC Championship Game -- Florida 45 Alabama 30 (Florida goes on to win National Championship)

*** A little more even than your memory recalls. But then again, see comment #2 from my post above. (g)

Calm down bro, it was an over exaggeration, ever heard of one.

ie. "Wow that guy was going like 500 miles an hour."

No reason to get all bent out of shape about it.

Headshot (1/20/2008)
CrimsonKat (1/20/2008)
Headshot (1/20/2008)

Ha, not bent out of shape at all bro, just thought a look at the facts might be informative.

CrimsonKat (1/20/2008)
Headshot (1/20/2008)
CrimsonKat (1/20/2008)
Headshot (1/20/2008)

Ha, not bent out of shape at all bro, just thought a look at the facts might be informative.

Sorry, I thought that by referring to me as arrogant that you were a little bent out of shape. I was born into a Gator family, I am well aware of the "facts" I was just using an exaggeration. The fact is the only reason I dislike Alabama is because Nick Saban is there.

Headshot (1/20/2008)
CrimsonKat (1/20/2008)
Headshot (1/20/2008)
CrimsonKat (1/20/2008)
Headshot (1/20/2008)

Sorry, I thought that by referring to me as arrogant that you were a little bent out of shape. I was born into a Gator family, I am well aware of the "facts" I was just using an exaggeration. The fact is the only reason I dislike Alabama is because Nick Saban is there.

While I do not see eye to eye with all Gator fans, I can definitely appreciate their run in the 90s and their recent success under Meyer. As is fairly evident by the games posted above, Alabama and Florida owned the SEC Championship Game in the 90s. Those were some classic duels.

(1/20/2008)
I found this article while surfing the web. I thought it was an interesting item of discussion. I don't know how other Dawg fans feel but I don't hate Auburn. It's always felt like competing against relatives at a family picnic. Too much in common. Yeah, Tennessee beats up on Florida but I don't envy anyone in orange at any school. I don't know where the Bama hate comes from. I'm indifferent about that one. What do you guys think?

Current SEC Grudge Status

Here is the current grudge status for the SEC. Anyone see any corrections or deletions?

Arkansas dislikes LSU, pities Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Finds a soul mate with Bama after the Petrino (Saban)hire

-LSU ##### hates Alabama, dislikes Arkansas, pities Ole Miss and Miss State, dislikes Florida and Georgia

-Ole Miss hates Mississippi State, and Alabama

-Mississippi State hates Ole Miss, Auburn, and dislikes Arkansas

-Alabama hates Auburn, Georgia, and they dislike Ole Miss (don t forget the ULM Fighting Nutria).

-Auburn hates Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas (likes Tennessee for shared hatred of Bama)

-Florida hates Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. Gators dislike Spurrier in a drop a deuce on my chest while I am wrapped in saran-wrap kinda way

-Tennessee dislikes Florida, feels pity for Georgia, and feels shame and revulsion for Alabama.

-Georgia hates Florida, Alabama, and Auburn. Always looking north and feeling p###s envy towards their orange-clad big brother.

-Vanderbilt is pretty sure that all the other SEC schools will produce people to pump their gas and fry their whoppers.

-South Carolina might hate some schools but they re an the square peg in a round hole fit in the SEC but seem content with moral wins

-Kentucky fans occasionally realize that they have a football program. Now get back in your box Rich Brooks, you psycho.

=http://loserswithsocks.com/2008/01/17/current-sec-grudge-status/

Dang girl you pretty well got it except for ut feeling pity for uga

I'll pull for anybody but FL-they have always stunk and always will. It's fitting that they look like a group of seals wanting a fish when doing the Gaytor chomp to a song about a shark...and even more humorous that they feel their seal cheer is intimidating. Could care less if it's bowl season or if it's SEC pride on the line-will never cheer for them. If I didn't make it clear earlier, FL stinks. I don't really care about anybody else.

Go Dawgs