What do you want in our new HC ?

drneckbone

To me it doesn't matter whether or not he's a defensive guy, or an offensive guy. The way it looks now is the guy we get will probably be a defensive-minded coach (Spagnuolo?), and that's perfectly OK with me. We need someone that isn't afraid to yell, but at the same time gives and receives respect from the players (something Petrino couldn't do). I do think it's very important that the coach is well-respected (being a former player wouldn't hurt either). We saw how inspired the team played for Emmitt Thomas.

I think Steve Spagnuolo would be a perfect fit for this team. He has plenty of coaching experience. He worked under Jim Johnson (Eagle's DC) for several years. He is a fiery guy, but Giant's players have been praising him throughout this entire season.

i like spagnuolo #1, and rex ryan #2. i like the idea of a HC that can mold our D into a top 5 defense. ultimatly that is what we need. that being said, i really want to keep hue jackson as OC. i would like to get a running game guru in a OL coach like we did in alex gibbs to help our running game, but i dont want a zone blocking scheme per say. dude, i just want to win.

buddrick (1/20/2008)
i like spagnuolo #1, and rex ryan #2. i like the idea of a HC that can mold our D into a top 5 defense. ultimatly that is what we need. that being said, i really want to keep hue jackson as OC. i would like to get a running game guru in a OL coach like we did in alex gibbs to help our running game, but i dont want a zone blocking scheme per say. dude, i just want to win.

Agreed.

A coach who can convince each and every player to sacrifice their own goals, wishes, and desires for the greater good: team success. A coach who can eradicate the fantasy league mentality that so many of today's stats conscious players and fans seem to cling to. A man who can get players to strive to earn an "attaboy" from the coach for completing an assignment, no matter how mundane, and realizing that is more important than showboating or fretting about "respect."

MNRon (1/20/2008)
A coach who can convince each and every player to sacrifice their own goals, wishes, and desires for the greater good: team success. A coach who can eradicate the fantasy league mentality that so many of today's stats conscious players and fans seem to cling to. A man who can get players to strive to earn an "attaboy" from the coach for completing an assignment, no matter how mundane, and realizing that is more important than showboating or fretting about "respect."

Well said my friend. And I'll only add that I would like to see a coach who can assemble an experienced, proven coaching staff. Maybe a DC and/or OC with previous head coaching experience because it looks like the top candidates for the HC job do not have NFL head coaching experience.

Ya Know,

We would not even be talking about this if the front office had not descided to get rid of Mr. Jim Mora Jr. But being what it is there are two options that would bring both success and integrity to the franchise. One option would be Tony Dungy if he descides not to go back to the Colts. (And lets face it, with the money they got back from Michael Vick they can afford him.) Tonys' record speaks for itself so any further elaboration would be overkill. The next option would be Bill Cower. Yes I know he is currently enjoying life at CBS as a football anlyst however, all you have to do is watch him for 3 minutes and see that he still has the fever. As with Mr. Tony, Mr. Bills' record speaks for itself. We need someone who can come in and turn this thing around and a college coach cannot do that. I am not sure what Mr. Blank was thinking when he brought in Bobby Petrino but he clearly was not the right choice. Let's start looking "outside the box" and bring in someone who is going to bring integrity, team unity, morality, and excellence to an organization we love and who desperatly needs it!!!

Dirty Birds for Life!!!