THE CORRECT RB CHOICE FOR THE FALCONS

magnus23

Norwood spliting time with Snelling and Dunn coming in as our 3rd down type guy. Norwood and Snelling was just not used enough last year and Dunn is not a between the tackles runner. Once we build a consistent line I look for our young backs we have to take off. Mcfadden or whom ever could not run behind this undersized line.

I want Stewart real bad, he's the perfect back for us, he's a bruiser but still has good speed. And if you think about it, it's not that unlikely he falls to our first 2nd. There are 2 teams that need RBs in the 1st, Seattle and Dallas (I'm not talking about the team that takes McFadden, of course.) Mendenhall seems like the better fit for Seattle, and Dallas will probably take Felix Jones, considering Jerry Jones' Arkansas ties, and they don't need a power back anyway. Either way, I think we're going to see Mendenhall or Stewart available at our 1st 2nd.

AtlFan80 (1/20/2008)
Norwood spliting time with Snelling and Dunn coming in as our 3rd down type guy. Norwood and Snelling was just not used enough last year and Dunn is not a between the tackles runner. Once we build a consistent line I look for our young backs we have to take off. Mcfadden or whom ever could not run behind this undersized line.

norwood ran fine behind are oline( 6 yards per carry) if we drafted mcfadden he would do fine. the oline will be changed this year.

magnus23 (1/20/2008)
Jonathan Stewart would be the perfect feature back to compliment Norwood.

Would fit our team better than McFadden.

Too bad he will probably go 15th to 30th overall.

5' 11" 230lbs 4.38 and an excellent blocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKRVAHItU&feature=related

I love Norwood but hes not a feature back

Stewart is the the main back with Norwood as the all purpose back in the Reggie Bush type of roll

A powerback from the PAC-10 playing in a spread offense? I'm definitely not sold on Stewart, he could be a fine starter in the NFL, but the PAC-10 is not the fertile ground for running back talent that it once was. If, assuming the unlikely scenario that we trade down, we are in the middle of the first round and looking for a tailback, Mendenhall would be a better option.

UGA_DAWG46 (1/20/2008)
I would love to have Stewart. Like someone say earlier he will be gone around pick 15-20.

If so we can get Kevin Smith, Jamal Charles, or Chris Johnson of ECU.

What about John Hester at FB in the late round? Smart guy. Yea we have Ovie. Hester can get some reps.

Sorry if I got his first name wrong. Its Jacob or John. cant remember.

Boley59 (1/20/2008)
i like stewart a lot and wish we picked lower so we could draft him...maybe he will be slow at his 40 and fall to the second.

there's a significant chance we could trade down. if we traded down with chicago they could get ryan and we could get stewart and pick up another 2nd rd selection in the process. that allows us to take a MLB, OT, and DT all in the 2nd round. I love that idea, but i'm not holding my breath. while it's not unrealistic, things with the falcons historically have rarely gone as i would have wished :P

FalconFan13 (1/20/2008)
I would take Mendenhall over Stewart. I think he is just as strong and i know he's faster after watching them both. Some people might say stewart can run a 4.3 something but thats hand timed his electronic time is 4.59.

I promise you that is not true.

"Ok I checked with my bro who has a man crush on the guy. At NFL pro day last year "NFL scouts running a combine at the U of O" Stewart ran an electronic (radar) 4.34 40. Benches 410 squats near 600 and has a 39 inch vertical. He ran/runs indoor track for the U of O. The 4.5 numbers you see are his senior high school numbers 375 bench in high school and 575 squat and a 40.5 inch vert. that was at 215 pounds. So guess that's it. Believe or don't I doubt it will hurt his feelings." My quote from another thread. And to clarify I don't know who's faster between the two. Stewart electronic time is not 4.59