How pathetic is our fanbase?

michaelgee

Just read the subject lines that are negative, look at the poster's name and there is your answer.

This is what Dimitroff meant about "changing the culture" here.

See how you are yet?

As fans, we can help the team by either contributing support of refraining from stupid immature bashing posts. The need to further bash this team is childish and does nothing but put a spotlight on you if attention is what you desire.

Why not go out and do something to really get some attention, be a supportive fan of this team.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

michaelgee (1/20/2008)
Just read the subject lines that are negative, look at the poster's name and there is your answer.

See how you are yet?

As fans, we can help the team by either contributing support of refraining from stupid immature bashing posts. The need to further bash this team is childish and does nothing but put a spotlight on you if attention is what you desire.

Why not go out and do something to really get some attention, be a supportive fan of this team.

41 years of frustration tends to do that for some people. I support my team but reserve my right to critisize when it's warranted.

michaelgee (1/20/2008)

See how you are yet?

Too many transient, fair weather fans. The "in" team is what wins in this city. The true diehards have to live with people with no knowledge of the years of triumphs and frustrations. Even the football knowledge is lacking. Just the way it is....but I'm a ride or die Falcon fan!

michaelgee (1/20/2008)

See how you are yet?

lets fix the teams problems and worry about the fans afterwards. in alot of situations if the root cause is fixed the the rest of the system will repair itself:w00t::w00t::w00t:

It's somewhat understandable to have a bit of negativity around here. You have fans very passionate about a team that hasn't performed well very often in its history. From that perspective I can understand how some of us get a little down about our teams chances.

Just ignore them, if you like to look at things from a positive perspective. Ignore them, just as you would ignore a Falcons fan who obviously didn't know their butthole from an ant hill.

Ignorance and negativity shouldn't be like the flu. You don't have to catch it, if you don't want to.

Now if you want to compare our fanbase to some of the other franchises... Well. At least we aren't the Eagles.

Some of our fanbase are so pathetic that I've resolved NOT to refute anymore of their dumb assumptions, generalizations, faulty conjectures, misinformation and baiting.

It's pointless and it serves no purpose, except the show their immaturity and utter lack of football knowledge, on the field and in the front office.

Ever since Madden and Fantasy Football came into existence, the collective IQ of our fanbase has taken a blow.

juraitwaluzka (1/20/2008)
I don't like the negativity either. However, at least part of it is human nature, some people are just going to be negative given even the slightest opportunity. Pretty much every message board on every topic has some.

im just glad that our players, coaches and owner are getting max. pay for subpar performance:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Twinblade (1/20/2008)
Sorry but this is a message board, people have rights to complain, not everybody wants to accept the fact that our team is a joke in the nfl.

Complaining and whining is one thing.

How can the team be fixed as the "so called" immature fans attempt to further tear the team down?

Be clear, I fully understand which side you represent.

michaelgee (1/20/2008)

See how you are yet?

I agree! But the thing is you are the one pointing the finger at those negative post and giving them even more "Undeserved Attention". :rolleyes:

Very.

Just about everyone here thinks they have the "inside track" on who we are going to hire as HC. Then there are the extremely pathetic few who act as if they have the inside sources and etc. They are even so dumb that they make prediction topics.

Give the rest of us a break and quit cluttering up the board with your no-knowledge predictions.

The fan base is not any more negative than any other fan base with a sub .500 record and some inner turmoil. Lurk at any board after the team has had a couple successive losses (I'd suggest the Lions, Bears, Eagles, Vikings, Raiders, for starters) and you'll hear the same old stuff everywhere: so and so sucks, we need to get rid of so and so, we need to trade for/draft so and so. It goes on ad infinitum, and ad nauseum. A Seattle board has been running a "bump until Holmgren is fired" thread for months, for example.

A couple of differences I note is that Atlanta fans are more likely to run down their own community than some others, that many Atlanta posters have a less than capable grasp of the English language, and that race is often an underlying, or not so underlying, issue.

Please, don't shoot the messenger, consider the message ;)

Mojo Risin (1/20/2008)

Very.

Just about everyone here thinks they have the "inside track" on who we are going to hire as HC. Then there are the extremely pathetic few who act as if they have the inside sources and etc. They are even so dumb that they make prediction topics.

Give the rest of us a break and quit cluttering up the board with your no-knowledge predictions.

and you have those who would have us believe that the falcons only have 8 losing seasons out out 41 instead of the other way around