josh johnson vs dennis dixion

boleg911

boleg911 (1/20/2008)
to me jj has more mechanic and dixion more talent who better u tell me?

stop this, im a huge Josh Johnson fan but Dennis Dixon is clearly a much better QB at this point.

Dennis Dixon is a top 15 pick without the injury.

He finished with the 3rd best completion % in the nation

Its funny that everyone is jumpin on the JJ bandwagon after today though

Ive said the whole time, FOR THIS TEAM the top 4 QBs in this draft are-

1. Andre Woodson

2. Dennis Dixon

3. Josh Johnson

4. John David Booty

USCfalcons23 (1/20/2008)
boleg911 (1/20/2008)
to me jj has more mechanic and dixion more talent who better u tell me?

stop this, im a huge Josh Johnson fan but Dennis Dixon is clearly a much better QB at this point.

Dennis Dixon is a top 15 pick without the injury.

He finished with the 3rd best completion % in the nation

Its funny that everyone is jumpin on the JJ bandwagon after today though

Ive said the whole time, FOR THIS TEAM the top 4 QBs in this draft are-

1. Andre Woodson

2. Dennis Dixon

3. Josh Johnson

4. John David Booty

i dont think dixon would have been a top 15 pick.

dan minnich (1/20/2008)
i dont think dixon would have been a top 15 pick.

There is certainly an argument that can be made for it.

If Dixon had not suffered the injury, he more than likely would have won the Heisman and Oregon would more than likely have gone on to the national championship to crush Ohio State. Dixon probably would have had the game of his career on the big stage and his stock would have catapulted the same kind of way JaMarcus Russell's did.

Right now it seems like a stretch to say he would have been a top 15 pick... but if you think about what could have been had the injury not happened, it's really no stretch at all. Reality is a different story though and he is likely a 3rd, possibly 4th round pick, at this point.

I think Dixon will prove to be a monster once he gets settled into the NFL. Both he and Johnson have the talent and ability to be efficient pass-first QBs, along with that game breaking ability to beat those feet. Johnson may very well go ahead of Dixon simply because Dixon can't work out right now when all the scouts are gathered and putting together draft boards... but I believe Dixon to be the better QB, if only by a small margin.

Carter (1/20/2008)

There is certainly an argument that can be made for it.

If Dixon had not suffered the injury, he more than likely would have won the Heisman and Oregon would more than likely have gone on to the national championship to crush Ohio State. Dixon probably would have had the game of his career on the big stage and his stock would have catapulted the same kind of way JaMarcus Russell's did.

Right now it seems like a stretch to say he would have been a top 15 pick... but if you think about what could have been had the injury not happened, it's really no stretch at all. Reality is a different story though and he is likely a 3rd, possibly 4th round pick, at this point.

I think Dixon will prove to be a monster once he gets settled into the NFL. Both he and Johnson have the talent and ability to be efficient pass-first QBs, along with that game breaking ability to beat those feet. Johnson may very well go ahead of Dixon simply because Dixon can't work out right now when all the scouts are gathered and putting together draft boards... but I believe Dixon to be the better QB, if only by a small margin.

very well put

again for the sensitive folks, carter & I are not sayin **** no to JJ, we would love to have him.. we just believe Dixon is the better QB right now.

Dennis Dixon's stock was much higher but he was never a top 15 NFL draft prospect.

Not even close.

I agree about Andre Woodson being #1 QB though. Andre is used to being under durress behind that UK Oline and his numbers against top notch competition are outstanding. So is his upside. His junior and Senior seasons showed absurd improvement from when he first got to UK.

As far as JJ vs DD, JJ def has more upside because he's clearly a superior athlete.

Dixon is more proven because of the competition factor. But that may be negated with the fact that he's coming off of an injury.

Josh Johnson will certainly have higher stock considering he can go out and actually perform at the combine while Dixon is in recuperation mode.

classic city falcon (1/20/2008)
Just say no to either one of Johnson or Dixon before round 4. IMO they are not NFL starters. On most lists they are around number 10 in this year's qb class and I happen to agree with that.

Josh Johnson is listed there solely because he's a D-1AA QB.

But when you analyze the reason WHY he's a division 1-AA QB, look at the fact that he DOMINATED at that level, you can't help but notice him. And with his performance in the East-West Shrine game and potential performance at the combine, he won't stay at 9 or 10 much longer on any scouting reports.

He definitely deserves to be on the list of the 2nd tier QBs of this draft.

boy yall mufu's will say some delusional crap to prove a point!!! DENNIS DIXON WAS NOT FINNA WIN THE FREAKIN' HEISMAN!!!! DENNIS DIXON WAS NEVER GONNA BE TOUTED AS A TOP 15 PICK!!! DENNIS DIXON IN SLIGHTLY TALLER THAN JJ AND STILL WEIGHS LESS THAN HIM!!! DENNIS DIXON'S LIMITATIONS COMPARED TO JJ ARE GLARING!!! i applaud yall for stickin' by your dude and all but :w00t: c'mon top 15? really?.....;)

Gimmesomo (1/20/2008)
boy yall mufu's will say some delusional crap to prove a point!!! DENNIS DIXON WAS NOT FINNA WIN THE FREAKIN' HEISMAN!!!! DENNIS DIXON WAS NEVER GONNA BE TOUTED AS A TOP 15 PICK!!! DENNIS DIXON IN SLIGHTLY TALLER THAN JJ AND STILL WEIGHS LESS THAN HIM!!! DENNIS DIXON'S LIMITATIONS COMPARED TO JJ ARE GLARING!!! i applaud yall for stickin' by your dude and all but :w00t: c'mon top 15? really?.....;)

Dixon would have run away with the Heisman, what were u watching?

slightly taller but weighs less??

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145026

DD 6'4 205lbs (hes actually up to 215 now)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=166992

JJ 6'3 200lbs

check out this dudes site www.retardsrus.com/gimmesomo

grendel (1/21/2008)

Flacco is a Div 1-AA QB, too.... It's more than the level of competition, it's the type of game he has and his size.

Flacco has all the tools and size to be a pocket passer in the NFL.

Dixon and JJ have intriguing and unusual tools and numbers, but... teams, coaches, and GMs have been burned, badly, by guys with intriguing and unusual tools and numbers in the past.

Josh Johnson plays in a pro style offense.

He has no unusual delivery, mechanics, or anything. The only knock on him is his level of competition.

In fact the reason why he's so intriguing is because he's the first dual threat QB coming into the league that actually has been taught great mechanics.

The Vick and VYs of the world go their whole careers allowed to rely heavily on their athleticism because they play in option offenses and are never developed great mechanics because they are such great athletes, they don't have to.

But in the NFL, everyone is a great athlete.

So that lack of development stunts their growth as QBs.

Josh Johnson on the other hand is a guy who has not only played in a more orthodox offense, he's been taught great mechanics.

With such a combination he could be the dual threat we've always wanted to see. The one that Vick was finally going to progress into this year.

grendel (1/21/2008)

I don't know where you got the idea that being the "first" of anything in the NFL is supposed to help your draft stock. There's an old saying "The pioneers take the arrows, the settlers take the land". Nobody wants to be the first to do something in the NFL, it's too risky.

Plus, JJ is not ideal size for a QB, he's too skinny (and so is Dixon). There's real concern that they won't hold up when they start getting hit by the big boys.

Being the first dual threat QB taught with great mechanics with experience in a pro style offense who has been taught how to read coverage sounds like a freaking positive to me.

I don't even know how you could possibly spin that.

It means he could be a legitimate dual threat, IOW as dangerous from the pocket as he is when coverage and containment is broken down.

busboyisback (1/21/2008)

Josh Johnson plays in a pro style offense.

He has no unusual delivery, mechanics, or anything. The only knock on him is his level of competition.

In fact the reason why he's so intriguing is because he's the first dual threat QB coming into the league that actually has been taught great mechanics.

The Vick and VYs of the world go their whole careers allowed to rely heavily on their athleticism because they play in option offenses and are never developed great mechanics because they are such great athletes, they don't have to.

But in the NFL, everyone is a great athlete.

So that lack of development stunts their growth as QBs.

Josh Johnson on the other hand is a guy who has not only played in a more orthodox offense, he's been taught great mechanics.

With such a combination he could be the dual threat we've always wanted to see. The one that Vick was finally going to progress into this year.

I actually agree with this & am not mad at drafting Josh Johnson in the least

the question was who is the better QB today & that is not hard to answer- Dennis Dixon

Gimmesomo (1/22/2008)
you know this thread is d@mn near the same as: Who's Better Rashard Medenhall or Johnathan Stewart? i'mean c'mon gimme a freakin' kit-kat bar or something for this crap right?

Jonathan Stewart. Wait, were you not really asking that question? :D Dixon is awesome and all but he tried for 4 years to put on weight and managed 10 or 15 pounds. Always commenting on how difficult it was for him.