Why does everyone want to get rid of our best players?

Demetrius Dew

Demetrius Dew (1/19/2008)
Why does everyone want to trade or not resign the few good players we have........

DeAnglo Hall

Alge Crumpler

Keith Brooking

It would be hard to replace what each of these players bring to the table on Sunday afternoon.

Only one of those 3 I might be talked into is Crumpler. Martrez was coming along before he got hurt, so if he could come back strong, I could understand letting Crumpler go. Don't get me wrong, no disrespect at all, but of those 3, I just think he's the easiest to replace.

dan minnich (1/19/2008)
i would say hall would be the easiest to replace, only for the fact that we could get a lot in return, we are around 20 mill in cap room, so if we wanted to sign a few guys i could see brooking getting cut.

hall the easiest to replace??? are you kidding me??? who would replace him??? name someone with his age, experience, speed, and ball skills.

Because they all suck and are living off of better years in the past, which is truly disturbing for a player as young as Hall to be living off of the success of 2005. Brooking and Crumpler have gone from the premium at their position to clearly washed up and unable to play in the same capacity as full-time starters.

Why does everyone want to trade or not resign the few good players we have........

DeAnglo Hall

Alge Crumpler

Keith Brooking

It would be hard to replace what each of these players bring to the table on Sunday afternoon.

cuz those 2 are BLACK, and we hate black people that speak the truth. keith brooking while i love the dude more than i will any other GT person, he is just getting to old for the game.

DeAnglo Hall

Alge Crumpler

Keith Brooking

cuz those 2 are BLACK, and we hate black people that speak the truth. keith brooking while i love the dude more than i will any other GT person, he is just getting to old for the game.

bossFALCON (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/20/2008)
like i said we can get a lot for hall. speed doesnt make a cb, look at nathan vasher and r. barber, ty law etc.

you didnt answer my question, who would replace him? he is a good, agressive, but good corner and his speed is just an upside it doesnt make him who he is.

i dont know, depends on what we get in return for him. say we get a late first and a 2nd for him. we could draft a. cason and use that other 2nd on another position of need, does that answer you question???

dan minnich (1/20/2008)
bossFALCON (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/20/2008)
like i said we can get a lot for hall. speed doesnt make a cb, look at nathan vasher and r. barber, ty law etc.

you didnt answer my question, who would replace him? he is a good, agressive, but good corner and his speed is just an upside it doesnt make him who he is.

i dont know, depends on what we get in return for him. say we get a late first and a 2nd for him. we could draft a. cason and use that other 2nd on another position of need, does that answer you question???

so you want to start houston and a rookie? we'll get beat up through the air all year. houston will be good but he isnt ready to start against #1 receivers like moss, owens, etc. i would feel alot better with hall starting.

DeAnglo Hall

Alge Crumpler

Keith Brooking

We don't need good players any more. We need GREAT players! That's why...;)

bossFALCON (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/19/2008)
i would say hall would be the easiest to replace, only for the fact that we could get a lot in return, we are around 20 mill in cap room, so if we wanted to sign a few guys i could see brooking getting cut.

hall the easiest to replace??? are you kidding me??? who would replace him??? name someone with his age, experience, speed, and ball skills.

Marcus-Trufant-Photograph-C12487618.jpeg

Marcus Trufant. (Not that I want D-Hall gone, just answering your question.)

bossFALCON (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/20/2008)
bossFALCON (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/20/2008)

so you want to start houston and a rookie? we'll get beat up through the air all year. houston will be good but he isnt ready to start against #1 receivers like moss, owens, etc. i would feel alot better with hall starting.

dude, i was just giving you a example. all im trying to say is brooking and crumpler will yield us nothing via trade. we would have to cut both of them where as hall has major trade value. im not saying we should trade him, my point if we lost all 3, we can atleast get something in return for hall.

Brooking is a possibility because he is at the back end (i.e expensive part) of his contract, and isn't the player he was 2-3 years ago. I'd like to keep him around for another year to tutor our LBs (including hopefully a new MLB taken in the draft) but only if he agrees to a redution in his base salary to refect the fact that he is no longer an elite LB.

With Crumpler it depends on the status of his knees. Crumpler is in the middle of his 6/7 year contract signed in 2005, so his cap hit is becoming very sizeable and will only increase over the remainder of the contract. With his ongoing knee problems, I'm not convinced that Crumpler can play any longer at a level that will justify the cap hit - although I suspect that we'd gain little or no cap space by cutting/trading him now due to the unamortised signing bonus.

The only justification for trading Hall, is if ether (1) we feel that due to his outspoken/volatile nature he is too much of a disruptive influence to be worth keeping; or (2) He makes it absolutely clear that he has no intention of staying here after 2008 so we decide to get something for him whilst we can. If option 2 is applicable we could always keep him through 2008 and franchise him next year with a view to negotiating a trade at that point. Personally I'd like to keep Hall if he wants to stay here and his financial demands can be accommodated without creating cap problems (which they should because we will have few big contracts on the team after 2008) .

thaflameofatlanta (1/20/2008)
bossFALCON (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/19/2008)

Marcus-Trufant-Photograph-C12487618.jpeg

Marcus Trufant. (Not that I want D-Hall gone, just answering your question.)

Trufant only has one extra year of experience while being 3-4 years older.U didn't exactly answer anything.U can't replace a 24 year old CB going into his 5th year while already being one of the best in the league with plenty years left to get better while being one of the fastest in the game with a huge verticle and ball skills better than alot of WR's.oh and Trufant would never leave Seattle at this point in time,he has great success there while being from there and going to Washington St.Trufant would want a huge contract also and between the two D.Hall is the better choice.

Eh, I'm pretty sure Trufant is going to be a Seattle lifer. I'm just saying if we ever let D-Hall go for some stupid reason, and we had to go after someone, I'd try like **** to get Trufant to leave Seattle. The money, IMO, would basically be the same because they're probably gonna command the same money.

Once again, let me make it clear: I don't want the Falcons to let Hall go, but if they did...we should try to pull out some tricks to make him come here.