Falcons QB in 08

robbie 44

robbie 44 (1/19/2008)
Who do you feel will be the starting qb in 08

im saying redman because he performed the best in 07 but i think him shockley and maybe leftwich can fight it out. the only reason i say leftwich is only because he played 3 games (started one, played well and got injured after halftime, started another played bad and got benched after halftime, and got thrown into a bad situation in the 4th qtr of one game) he may need a shot but he would HAVE to prove himself over shock or redbird.

We need to got o FA to get a starter if Redman can't do it.

We need to draft a QB and build a future around him by playing him part time this season.

The Harrington and Leftwich experiments failed badly. Trade both for something small and lose with McKay's decisions for the last time. Well, there is Ovie. Why didn't we use that Ovie money to resign Kerney? Rich, you are fooling nobody anymore.

I feel like Shockley has lost his window of opportunity as sad as it may be but the FO has to put a winning product on the field this year in order to recoop some of the not so faithful fan base therefore closing the window on Shockley as he hasent proven himself to enough people if that makes any sense

I think falcons will tell Shockley he is going to be the leader this year and turn him loose on the field. Shockley will probabley be the starter this year, Harrington or Redman will be the backup, whichever one we keep and the rookie QB we draft will be on the practice squad learning the NFL game. Redman is URF and Harrington still has a contract so we should keep Harrington and drop Redman. I doubt anyone will pick redman up so his career is pretty much over. The only reason Petrino put him on the team was so he could get one more year in the league so he could be elligiable for the nfl pension plan.

FalconFan13 (1/19/2008)
I think we Resign Redman. Keep Shockley, and Draft a 2nd to 4th rnd QB like Flacco, Johnson, or Henne. Let them compete and see who wins the job. If none are better than the other then i think Redman starts until the drafted guy is ready.

Maybe but I just dont see TD signing Redman back, he isnt even on the team right now, he is a free agent. Harrington, Shockley and a 3rd 4th or5th rounder will be the way they go in my opinion.

hawkeyes (1/19/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/19/2008)
I think we Resign Redman. Keep Shockley, and Draft a 2nd to 4th rnd QB like Flacco, Johnson, or Henne. Let them compete and see who wins the job. If none are better than the other then i think Redman starts until the drafted guy is ready.

Maybe but I just dont see TD signing Redman back, he isnt even on the team right now, he is a free agent. Harrington, Shockley and a 3rd 4th or5th rounder will be the way they go in my opinion.

blowey sucks. id actually rather resign redman to vet min than get harrington. cut harrington and do not activate byrons 2nd year. take shockley redman and mid round D pick to TC.

Guys, that torn ACL will take a while to heal. See Culpepper, Trent Green etc. Shockley won't be back soon enough to be the starter. Not the way he moves around. It's gotta be Redman unless they pop the cash for a solid backup to come in. From what I see on the FA front, I don't want to touch any of those guys. Culpepper, McCown, Grossman, no thanks. Give me a game manager that can hold things together until the future is here. I really hope they avoid the big three QB's this year. They just ooze bust. I saw all of them play a lot of games this year. I just didn't see "IT" from any of them.

Loveridge (1/19/2008)
Guys, that torn ACL will take a while to heal. See Culpepper, Trent Green etc. Shockley won't be back soon enough to be the starter. Not the way he moves around. It's gotta be Redman unless they pop the cash for a solid backup to come in. From what I see on the FA front, I don't want to touch any of those guys. Culpepper, McCown, Grossman, no thanks. Give me a game manager that can hold things together until the future is here. I really hope they avoid the big three QB's this year. They just ooze bust. I saw all of them play a lot of games this year. I just didn't see "IT" from any of them.

or look at old UGA players that tore it last year. thomas brown sean bailey. they tore it last year, and i bet that DJ went to that doctor, and DJ is a hard worker, and he will be back. culpepper tore 3 of the 4 major ligaments in his knee. PCL,MCL, and ACL. DJ tore only ACL, and damaged MCL. not as bad as culpepper, and remember culpepper is older.

i just hope dj shockley gets an opportunity to prove he can play at this level. they really need to take a serious look at (qb)john david booty or (qb) josh johnson-qb in the draft. they make good decisions and rarely make mistakes on the football field something this team has been missing since chris chandler was here. our next hc should be ron rivera. i've been saying this for the last 2 years. give the man a chance mr.blank. :)

monoxide (1/21/2008)
There's been more QB threads then NBA games the past couple of months. Atlanta will resign Redman, I can't believe people are thinking of that as an issue. Never have I seen a team go into the season benching a guy who had the hottest streak in the NFL, for a guy that was a 3rd stringer in pre season, and was injured the year before. For all the DJ Shockley lovers on here, he's talented, and can be seen as a good quality backup (was a **** of a backup in college), but He is not a starting Quarterback.

last time i checked in college as a starter DJ is 11-2 and thats in the SEC. not the little east.

he isnt a backup qb, and if you think that, then you will be surprised. DJ will show you what he can do next year in preseason, and will be the starting QB.

monoxide (1/21/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/21/2008)
monoxide (1/21/2008)
There's been more QB threads then NBA games the past couple of months. Atlanta will resign Redman, I can't believe people are thinking of that as an issue. Never have I seen a team go into the season benching a guy who had the hottest streak in the NFL, for a guy that was a 3rd stringer in pre season, and was injured the year before. For all the DJ Shockley lovers on here, he's talented, and can be seen as a good quality backup (was a **** of a backup in college), but He is not a starting Quarterback.

last time i checked in college as a starter DJ is 11-2 and thats in the SEC. not the little east.

he isnt a backup qb, and if you think that, then you will be surprised. DJ will show you what he can do next year in preseason, and will be the starting QB.

DJ Shockley went 11-2 in College, Chris Redman broke numerous records for Quarterbacks. Chris wins. I never said he was a backup quarterback, he's a 3rd string quarterback. I said he would make a good backup, and that's me being polite. No one on here has no evidence on him being a starting quarterback in the NFL, he hasn't shown nothing. Redman has shown that he can play, and damned well at that.

like i said little east. Redman has shown he can play against teams that could give a Rats A if they win or lose. **** every game he played was against a team that was either no chance or a lock for the playoffs.

I don't think any of those listed will be our starting QB next year... based on this year's performance.

Shock has the greatest upside, but not enough season to Start. He'll need a lil more time to develop.

Redman, although he showed pretty good when he was in there, he's too big of a reminder of Patrino. He'll have to go just a part of the Patrino fallout. ...Sorry Red.

The other 2 starters just didn't seem to show up when they had the chance. I don't think 1 year on a $3 mill contract can save them a start either.

Beyond that... I have No Clue who we will have as a starter next year. Will have a much better clue after we get a HC.