What OTs do you think will be available in the 3rd round?

Norwood32 (1/19/2008)
www.nfldraftscout.com is free you don't have to subscribe or anything. Gosder Cherilus might fall to the 3rd. I'm also very impressed by John Greco, he's been doing an excellent job in the Shrine game.

Thanks alot. The link didn't work, but I got to the site with no problem. I was impressed with Greco as well.

I would be disappointed if we didn't at least spend one of our seconds on an OT. I actually feel like Clabo, Weiner, or Foster are adequate RTs but we need a LT imo. I'd probably put Clabo at guard and let Weiner start. We are going to need a blind side pass protector though and that is the most important position on any offensive line. Then if we could just find a center who could block in a power scheme which is what I think we need.

classic city falcon (1/20/2008)
I would be disappointed if we didn't at least spend one of our seconds on an OT. I actually feel like Clabo, Weiner, or Foster are adequate RTs but we need a LT imo. I'd probably put Clabo at guard and let Weiner start. We are going to need a blind side pass protector though and that is the most important position on any offensive line. Then if we could just find a center who could block in a power scheme which is what I think we need.

Definetly agree. In the 2nd, we should be able to land a good, future LT. There could be some guys that slip to the 3rd, that in other years would be 2nd-rounders as well.

The guy who I really like in the second is Chris Williams. He sounds perfect for us. The guys who I would like as first rounders a lot but maybe not in the 3-5 range where we would be picking are Clady and Baker. That's the type of tackle I like.

Otah is my boom or bust guy in this tackle class. I'm seeing him listed at 340 which in my opinion is too heavy to handle speed rushers.He sounds very talented though so could be interesting.

If a guy slides to the third he might be a good pick, but in my opinion anyone who falls that far will have some question marks as a LT although they might overcome them. This is a need that I feel is absolutely imperative we fill. Good LTs are almost never available any way other than the draft and if they do become available the cost is going to be prohibitive.